What's new

Multiples of the same razor

Who out there has amassed a small hoard of the same razor or have collected different variants of the same razor? And what was your reason for doing so?

I never thought I would succumb to this particular temptation but just before Xmas I bought a couple of additional Rockwell 6S razors so I now have it in 3 different colours... Worryingly, I am tempted to repeat this exercise with the Muhle R41 variant...

Only two right now but tempted to get a second ball-end as well.
IMG_20210120_133027_206.jpg

to date:

3 FOCS (2 Grande chrome, 1 Grande gold)
3 pre-war Fathandle Techs (2 chrome, 1 gold)
3 P&G Super Blue‘s
2 Piccolo‘s (nickel, gold)

I think I have it under control...:c1:

you are not alone. I have collected 10 different Gillette NEW Long Combs I don't know why. Have two Homelike Shaving Colibri Sets... 4 Fatboys, same number Slims...
Phew..... I knew I had an issue but it's good to know someone has got worse than me 😉

I got my first FOCS and loved it. So I put a spare away in case something happens and then Fatip released the gold version...

Nearly the same happened with the Techs. First one was a user grade so I put a spare away only to stumble across a pristine Gold Tech.

The Super Blues are just for fooling around, traveling and to get someone started (2.50 a piece).

Bought the Piccolo nicelato, liked it, got a gold version...

I think by now you can see a trend.

My latest insanity of this kind was a Rhodium Gen 3 Aristocrat followed by a 1934 only 2 weeks after I received the former.
D3452489-8E8B-4AD8-BDAA-58532AB0CB9E.jpeg

7B0782E4-C502-4336-B25E-7C8A6422372E.jpeg

I got my first FOCS and loved it. So I put a spare away in case something happens and then Fatip released the gold version...

Nearly the same happened with the Techs. First one was a user grade so I put a spare away only to stumble across a pristine Gold Tech.

The Super Blues are just for fooling around, traveling and to get someone started (2.50 a piece).

Bought the Piccolo nicelato, liked it, got a gold version...

I think by now you can see a trend.

My latest insanity of this kind was a Rhodium Gen 3 Aristocrat followed by a 1934 only 2 weeks after I received the former.
View attachment 1211043
View attachment 1211044
That's a stellar collection!

2 Fatboy's
2 Silm's
2 SC New's (one regular bar, one slim bar)
1 Goodwill
1 '47 Aristocrat set
1 Black Beauty

That's not counting the 27 straights that I have as well.....Im good what what I have...will have to be something special to get my attention.

Larry

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
@Trollky ... meet Peter ...
Wowsers......!

@Trollky ... meet Peter ...

1611176896412.gif

Who out there has amassed a small hoard of the same razor or have collected different variants of the same razor? And what was your reason for doing so?

I never thought I would succumb to this particular temptation but just before Xmas I bought a couple of additional Rockwell 6S razors so I now have it in 3 different colours... Worryingly, I am tempted to repeat this exercise with the Muhle R41 variant...

I have two very young sons and one daughter on the way. I bought razors for my sons that I have enjoyed and are saving them as future kits for both. Some razors for my boys were bought over a few years after waiting patiently for NOS to acquire. My future daughter already has a Lady Gillette waiting for her that her mother never got into.

I also did this when I purchased a few mint 195s and had 2 challenged ones redone by Delta Echo in Gunkote.

I have two very young sons and one daughter on the way. I bought razors for my sons that I have enjoyed and are saving them as future kits for both. Some razors for my boys were bought over a few years after waiting patiently for NOS to acquire. My future daughter already has a Lady Gillette waiting for her that her mother never got into.

I also did this when I purchased a few mint 195s and had 2 challenged ones redone by Delta Echo in Gunkote.
That is a lovely 🙂

Ive got a couple '80 Gillette Super Speeds. I have them because they are my birth year razor. Ive got one that is my daily driver and another as my backup, should the daily ever fail on me.

Top Bottom