What's new

Multiple razors with exposed blades?

I had been keeping blades in two or three of my razors at once, switching razors each day, but I started wondering if having a dampish blade in the open air that might not get used again for a couple of days was such a smart thing to do. I know they're generally stainless, but might there be a bit of deterioration to the edge from keeping a blade out in open air in a moist environment for longer than if I just used one blade at a time?

Michael, do you have a system to keep track of how many times you've used each blade or do you just wait until it gives up the ghost and toss it?

Michael, do you have a system to keep track of how many times you've used each blade or do you just wait until it gives up the ghost and toss it?

That's a good question! I only have blades in a few razors at a time and I can't remember how many shaves are those few.

Michael, thanks for letting me know I need not worry about my blades developing a homicidal, corroded ragged edge just from sitting out.

I don't attempt to keep track. I just continue to use a given razor until the blade seems not so good as I like, then I carefully put it into my homemade blade safe, and decide whether to set the razor aside for a while or reload with a new blade.

I rotate razors and blades on saturdays, so thats seven days usage on a blade. Hard parts going to another razor after getting great shaves from the previous one.

Top Bottom