What's new

Muhle R41...first week

I decided to get the Muhle R41 and I'm glad I did! I have been using the Futur and Futur Clone, set on 6. I have a very tough beard and i read that the R41 provides a very close shave. I love this razor! I am getting the closest shaves of my life! In my opinion, it is not a "beast" but it is aggressive. I have not had any problems with nicks or cuts. I think I can actually shave faster with the R41 than with the Futur. I can also shave closer under the nose that with the Futur.

I know some guys think this razor is too aggressive but I found it was just right for me!

smu

I recently used one for the first time also. It's efficiency left me with next to no irritation. I still consider myself a beginner. But like you, my experience was very positive. There was little to be afraid of with it.

Good day, I am very happy to hear about your experience with the R41. I've only been at this a couple of years and I had a good friend of mine that has been doing it much longer that told me how aggressive this razor can be. There was a bit of a learning curve at first, however I ended up getting great shaves without cutting my face off. You mentioned the futur and clone, as to not redirect your thread I would be interested if you could p.m. me the difference if any between the two from your experience. I've only shaved with the clone a few times and my future is mainly a display item haha.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi Gorgack, I am new here so I don't know how to post a p.m. I like both the Futur and Futur Clone. I got a slightly closer shave with the clone. The clone has a less bulky head and is more maneuverable.

However, I get an even closer shave with the Muhle R41. Also, it is more maneuverable than either the Futur or Futur clone.

smu

I love my R41. It gives me the closest shaves compared to my other razors. I can barely feel any stubble 12 hours after I use it. I usually only do two passes with it (WTG, ATG). You don't realize how aggressive it is until you go back to a mild razor like the Merkur 34 or the R89, and it doesn't even feel like there is a blade in the razor.

My skin feels sore after using the R41.
No nicks, no cuts... but sore.

Shaving with it once in a while is bearable. But more days in a row...
No thanks.

Hi Gorgack, I am new here so I don't know how to post a p.m. I like both the Futur and Futur Clone. I got a slightly closer shave with the clone. The clone has a less bulky head and is more maneuverable.

However, I get an even closer shave with the Muhle R41. Also, it is more maneuverable than either the Futur or Futur clone.

smu
Hello sir, welcome!!!!!! I've been a member for a while, however have been unable to get on because of Occupational duties. Just for fun I thought I would include a nice comparison between my Futur and the Ming Shi 2000 clone. I also got the impression that the adjustment tolerance was not as tight on the clone which lends to a more aggressive shave Imo.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No thanks.

Sadly I get the same. Once in a couple of days is fine, more often than that is s no-go for me. Excited to try the Muhle R96, should arrive beginning of next week :)

In some ways the R41 is a bit overhyped. As long as you respect it, youre fine. It is one of the closest shaves you can get with a DE though.

Glad the R41 works well for you! For me that one deserved the title of, "The BEAST!" Just shows YMMV!

No thanks.

It will definitely toughen up your skin. For me it was 30 days before the soreness went away. I use mine Monday through Friday, but change out over the weekend. As others have said the R41 will give the closest shave. For me it results in the longest lasting shave which I appreciate since my days tend to be long.

Congrats for your decision!

I'm using it for about an year now, usually I am shaving daily or every two days. My experience with the R41 is an excellent one. Indeed the first touch was pretty weird, I felt quite exposed to the blade but in a couple of days it started to feel absolutely normal and for now there is no way back, this time using the R89 feels absolutely weird and not efficient at all. I am using it with three kind of blades: Feather (my favorite one), Muhle and Astra.

I will not try another machine because this is giving me with no effort (just patience) absolutely perfect shaves.

All the best,
Codrin

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
If you want to make the R41 even better, get a Weber Bulldog handle for it. With zero pressure, the first pass goes from incredible to sublime. Just jaw-dropping efficiency.

If you want to make the R41 even better, get a Weber Bulldog handle for it. With zero pressure, the first pass goes from incredible to sublime. Just jaw-dropping efficiency.

Or get a RazoRock Stainless Steel Barber Pole Handle. Way Cheaper and works Awesome. Plus it looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom