What's new

Muhle or Edwin Jagger model 89 razor head vs Weber Polished Head SB razor head

Which razor head feels/behaves more aggressive to you?

• Muhle or Edwin Jagger (EJ) model 89 razor head

• Weber Polished standard bar razor head

• They feel equally aggressive to me

• I haven't used both razors

• I'm not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which razor head feels/behaves more aggressive to you?

• Muhle or Edwin Jagger (EJ) model 89 razor head
  • Weber Polished Head (PH) standard bar razor head
  • They feel equally aggressive to me
  • I haven't used both razors
  • I'm not sure

With what razor blade?
Please assume that each razor is used with an "average blade". The rational is that this poll will result in a summary something along the lines of: "usually the average Razor X is more (or equally) aggressive than/to the average Razor Y for the average shaver" ... so we probably need to avoid a ranking that is dependent upon one specific blade.

Can't see the poll?
If you are using Tapatalk or a similarly incompatible browser/reader, and you do not see the interactive poll above (with checkboxes), please feel free to reply to this thread with a one line comment like, "My Vote: Razor X is more aggressive to me".

Don't vote twice!
Please do NOT vote in both ways (reply and interactive checkboxes) on the same poll. However, if you accidentally do vote in both ways, please reply with an additional comment to help remind me to remove your comment-reply vote from the final manual tally.

Reminder:
Even if you already agree with the existing results ... please vote to increase our confidence in the poll!

Why this poll?
This poll is part of a series of polls towards averaging out the subjective experiences of numerous shavers, through model-by-model comparison polls, into a list of Currently-Manufactured DE Razors Ranked According to User-Polled Aggressiveness on a Scale of 1 to 10.

For details and a complete list of open polls, please see our Wiki page on this project at:
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Modern_Double-Edged_Safety_Razors_Ranked_by_Aggressiveness

Thank you for your time!

Cheers,
Shawnsel

Last edited:
I like them both. To me, the Weber is slightly more aggressive...but it also gets my vote by being stainless steel.

IMO the Weber is slightly more aggressive and much more efficient. I lost all interest in my Jagger after I got a Weber.

Wish you had included the Matador Toro Mastiff in the poll.

My understanding is that Matador = Cadet = Pearl = RazoRock (except SLAB which is unique)

So, these would be the related polls:

Complete list can be found at:
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Mode...olls_being_used_towards_refining_the_rankings

Does that help?

Cheers,
Shawn

Thanks, Shawn. The Matador I'm referring to is the straight bar.

These work then, correct? Or am I missing a model? (I suspect these are what you are looking for, but I am trying to make a thorough list of currently manufactured razors)

Thanks!
Shawn

Final results:
EJ89 has 0 votes
Weber has 36 votes
Equally aggressive has 1 vote

NOTE: All votes in comments above are also reflected in the graphed results.

Conclusion:
The average Weber is (likely much) more aggressive than the average EJ89 ... to the average shaver.

From what I have heard, while the 37 votes cast in this poll probably still didn't quite reach a threshold for scientific validity (where a major company might actually be willing to invest money into a new design based on these findings) ... this is still a pretty good sample size ... and a relatively remarkable consensus among those who voted.

Thank you to all who voted!

Cheers!
Shawn

Top Bottom