What's new

Wolfman WR2 vs WR1 Comparison of mild standard gap razors:

Hello, hope to find everybody in good health.
Few days ago, Hedley / Tom provided an excellent review of medium aggressive razors: WR1 .86OC vs WR2 1.15SB
I would like to offer a comparison of mild standard gap razors:
WR1 0.61 OC and WR2 0.95 SB

Set up: 2 days beard, Polsilver blade, Acqua di Parma shaving cream, Panta Rei Mustang/Manchurian brush, 2 passes + touch-ups.

I am sure Dan (Hannah’s Dad), will like the artwork on the brush and bowl!
I favor SB razors, so I was a little careful with the WR1. With both razors I used a steep angle technique, with short strokes. To make things as similar as possible I removed the UFO Tornado handle from the WR1 and used the Darwin handle with both heads. Actually, the Darwin handle proved to be excellent in both cases, with superb grip, decreased weight, and aesthetically pleasing.

At the end of the 2 passes (WTG / ATG) the significant difference was in the audible feedback of the WR1 compared to the WR2, but both razors were equally smooth. After minor touch-ups, BBS on both sides. The alum rock elicits more tingling sensation on the WR1 side. Both the WR1 and WR2 could well be used as daily razors. The audible feedback is not related at all to an increase in aggressiveness. Its presence is a reminder to pay attention, while the lack of it with the WR2, gives the “feeling” of more smoothness. Like driving a normal car vs. the same model, but electric. Different sensations but similar results. Although the alum rock highlighted a small but evident difference favoring the WR2.
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Hello, hope to find everybody in good health.
Few days ago, Hedley / Tom provided an excellent review of medium aggressive razors: WR1 .86OC vs WR2 1.15SB
I would like to offer a comparison of mild standard gap razors:
WR1 0.61 OC and WR2 0.95 SB

Set up: 2 days beard, Polsilver blade, Acqua di Parma shaving cream, Panta Rei Mustang/Manchurian brush, 2 passes + touch-ups.

I am sure Dan (Hannah’s Dad), will like the artwork on the brush and bowl!
I favor SB razors, so I was a little careful with the WR1. With both razors I used a steep angle technique, with short strokes. To make things as similar as possible I removed the UFO Tornado handle from the WR1 and used the Darwin handle with both heads. Actually, the Darwin handle proved to be excellent in both cases, with superb grip, decreased weight, and aesthetically pleasing.

At the end of the 2 passes (WTG / ATG) the significant difference was in the audible feedback of the WR1 compared to the WR2, but both razors were equally smooth. After minor touch-ups, BBS on both sides. The alum rock elicits more tingling sensation on the WR1 side. Both the WR1 and WR2 could well be used as daily razors. The audible feedback is not related at all to an increase in aggressiveness. Its presence is a reminder to pay attention, while the lack of it with the WR2, gives the “feeling” of more smoothness. Like driving a normal car vs. the same model, but electric. Different sensations but similar results. Although the alum rock highlighted a small but evident difference favoring the WR2.
View attachment 1322257View attachment 1322258View attachment 1322259
Love the Golden Triangle hardware!!

Nice review. Completely off-topic, your profile pic makes me think there’s a second half to some wacky wardrobe mix-up on a golf course somewhere……I’m envisioning a guy standing over a putt wearing a fishing shirt, a floppy fishing hat, and flip flops.

Nice review. Completely off-topic, your profile pic makes me think there’s a second half to some wacky wardrobe mix-up on a golf course somewhere……I’m envisioning a guy standing over a putt wearing a fishing shirt, a floppy fishing hat, and flip flops.
Everything correct except No golf course near by!!! Actually in that picture I was fishing in the Gulf. 🎣🎣🎣 One of the many advantages of retirements. Better than the winters in Pittsburgh.😎😎😎

I am just now seeing this review. Great job. I could see myself owning a mild Wolfman some day. My skin seems to be more
"Fra gee lay" (that's Italian) the older I get.
It’s actually pronounced fra-jilly. Which is French. 😜

I am in the same boat. I love my WR2 1.35 DC but it is a bit aggressive for shaving every day. My next Wolfman will be a milder WR1.

Good comparison. I have both razors but much prefer the WR1. I have tried higher gaps but always return to the .61 OC, it is so smooth and comfortable. I mostly use .61 or .67 gaps for daily shaves.

Ciao a tutti!
In Italian it is pronounced with the accent on the a, and not on the i as in the famous holiday movie! And the final e is not silent as in English.
I do have a 0.95 and a 1.05. It is remarkable how efficient, smooth and easy to use they are.

Top Bottom