What's new

Moustache Removal persuassion

Now men, tell me how you managed to avoid the top lip clearance by SWMBO.

I was just getting the handle bar going with wax and comb and was really beginning to look the WWII RAF Fighter Pilot look, when wham.. the threat of no more kisses entered the fray.

I stood my ground, waited a week and then took the whole thing off, a short goatee is acceptable .. ho mum.. women...

Any similar tales of woe?

My fiancé absolutely despised my mustache. I had a handlebar/ van dyke combo that gave me a Guy Fawkes/Lucifer look. I thought it looked great! She just couldn't stand it, but she kissed me anyway. Oddly, she never complained when I had a full beard- she liked it, in fact. It helps that I found a scented mustache wax that absolutely drove her wild. Go figure. Alas, the stache is no more. I was actually threatened with termination from my job if I did not shave it, which I found irritating in light of the fact that my boss- the man who threatened my job- sported a similar arrangement. I have my pride, but I also need to eat. My poor stache got sacrificed for naught, as they fired me two months later. Turns out it wasn't the mustache they didn't like- it was me.

Last edited:
My fiancé absolutely despised my mustache. I had a handlebar/ van dyke combo that gave me a Guy Fawkes/Lucifer look. I thought it looked great! She just couldn't stand it, but she kissed me anyway. Oddly, she never complained when I had a full beard- she liked it, in fact. It helps that I found a scented mustache wax that absolutely drove her wild. Go figure. Alas, the stache is no more. I was actually threatened with termination from my job if I did not shave it, which I found irritating in light of the fact that my boss- the man who threatened my job- sported a similar arrangement. I have my pride, but I also need to eat. My poor stache got sacrificed for naught, as they fired me two months later. Turns out it wasn't the mustache they didn't like- it was me.

Sorry about your job woes. Hope you've found another one.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I was just starting to curl the tips of mine and order some moustache wax, when I got the same decree you did. After fighting if for two weeks, off it came.
Happy wife, happy life.

I guess I'll find out. My wife prefers I keep a full beard but I ordered some moustache wax today. I'm going to play with it for a while and see if I can get away with it.

I have a goatee and my wife has threatened me with bodily harm if I remove it. Apparently I look like a 16 year old when clean shaven.

I don't have any advice but I feel your pain. I wouldn't keep any facial hair full time anyway but if I go more than two days without shaving I start getting the look from my fiancée...the look that means don't plan on your face being anywhere near my face until you shave.

I have had the stash since I was like 14. Recently I decided to shave it because I have a nervous habit of plucking it When stressed out.I told my wife and kids it was going to come off and they all begged me not to. I quickly did the deed and removes it a week before my birthday in January. Now it is back with a vengeance. I would call it almost "Selleckian" Magnumish in my eyes. Well the great thing is that the wife and kids are happy it's back, and I've stopped plucking it though my stress has tripled since I shaved it. Hopefully the big guy in the sky will keep a watchful eye and relieve this stress. But anyway the stash lives.

I don't need any persuading, when I have a goatee and my moustache starts absorbing my beverages it's worn out its welcome

I don't tell her where she should shave. So, she doesn't ... well actually, she does voice an opinion. I don't always listen. The moustache comes and goes.
$3926728214_7bf53d397f.jpg
This picture is from a few years ago.

It was just about this long, though shaped differently until to today. This morning, while she was at the gym, I clipped about two inches off the ends. So, she gets home and asks if I want to go to a local museum that is running an exhibit on beards and moustaches. Talk about bad timing. The exhibit was fun and included some shaving gear as well as portraits of some global beard & moustache contest winners. Mrs. actually said she really liked one of the moderately outrageous moustaches (moderate is a relative term).

my wife thought this one was good...
https://www.google.com/search?q=mou...011%2F01%2Fmagnificent-specimens.html;358;453

BUT not this one. Go figure.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mou...t-annual-moustache-championships.html;620;387

On the rare occasions that I've attempted anything remotely like these two gents, I've found that the amount of moustache wax necessary, and the ultra stiff type of wax needed, has caused my hair to fall out in clumps.

From a few months ago, before significantly cleaning up my act....
$9739535198_577ca236f2.jpg

Last edited:
In an attempt at panache I grew a moustache. An upper lipholstery most grand.
But then from my missus I got no more kisses for she had taken her stand
She claimed it's verbotten and that it was rotten to thoroughly upset her plan
Of a husband clean shaven and no cowardly craven imposing himself as her man.

You'll shear that soup strainer or it's a no brainer there will be hell to pay
There's one way to save it you better go shave it she said in a petulant way
She gave me a look and that's when I took my razor and slunk right away
My tale is no teaser in order to please her I took leave of my lip toup'ee

:ouch1: This is easily the most awesome thing I have read here. Do you mind if I use this elsewhere, with proper citation of course? My fiancé would get quite the kick out of this.

Now men, tell me how you managed to avoid the top lip clearance by SWMBO.

I was just getting the handle bar going with wax and comb and was really beginning to look the WWII RAF Fighter Pilot look, when wham.. the threat of no more kisses entered the fray.

I stood my ground, waited a week and then took the whole thing off, a short goatee is acceptable .. ho mum.. women...

Any similar tales of woe?

That's weird because someone said I look like a WWII RAF Fighter Pilot the other day.

I told SWMBO that she can either have me with an unkept beard (which was a bluff because of how much I like shaving) or the moustache. Her response of neither promted me t continue everything below the upper lip.

I have TWGW. I have had a mustache since we met, and just recently have been growing it out to handelbar length and she likes that even better.

If my SWMBO ever told me to shave the stache, and then would not kiss my mouth in protest if I refused, I would just tell her to then kiss my @rse instead.
cottontop

Nice! :)

Top Bottom