What's new

Moustache Removal persuassion

I have a goatee and my wife has threatened me with bodily harm if I remove it. Apparently I look like a 16 year old when clean shaven.

+1 yes with me its "The Moustache is dead, long live the Goatee" she hates me clean shaven , go figure....!

In an attempt at panache I grew a moustache. An upper lipholstery most grand.
But then from my missus I got no more kisses for she had taken her stand
She claimed it's verbotten and that it was rotten to thoroughly upset her plan
Of a husband clean shaven and no cowardly craven imposing himself as her man.

You'll shear that soup strainer or it's a no brainer there will be hell to pay
There's one way to save it you better go shave it she said in a petulant way
She gave me a look and that's when I took my razor and slunk right away
My tale is no teaser in order to please her I took leave of my lip toup'ee

I just love this...

The SWMBO loves the stach! I've had a handlebar for around a year and two months. I can use the "I'm going to shave my moustache" line on her and she will flip!! She loves it thankfully, I will never shave it... I hope.

The SWMBO loves the stach! I've had a handlebar for around a year and two months. I can use the "I'm going to shave my moustache" line on her and she will flip!! She loves it thankfully, I will never shave it... I hope.

Those with other halves that appreciate the hirsute appearance on the upper lip with curls, tips, wax et al are all very lucky fellows.

I have a goatee and my wife has threatened me with bodily harm if I remove it. Apparently I look like a 16 year old when clean shaven.
My late wife did the same. She was older than I, so was thrilled with how much gray was in my beard. Also, since I'm a fat guy the beard is actually thinning as opposed to my big moon face.

When I was young, slim, and trim my college sweetheart did complain about my walrus style mustache, so I shaved it. It was worth it.

I don't tell her where she should shave. So, she doesn't ... well actually, she does voice an opinion. I don't always listen. The moustache comes and goes.
View attachment 412059
This picture is from a few years ago.

It was just about this long, though shaped differently until to today. This morning, while she was at the gym, I clipped about two inches off the ends. So, she gets home and asks if I want to go to a local museum that is running an exhibit on beards and moustaches. Talk about bad timing. The exhibit was fun and included some shaving gear as well as portraits of some global beard & moustache contest winners. Mrs. actually said she really liked one of the moderately outrageous moustaches (moderate is a relative term).

Now that's a cool stash!

strop

Now half as wise
I've been married almost 35 years and my wife has never seen my upper lip. Have had the handlebar going in some form or another for at least 10 years. I've told her I'd shave it at her request, but she likes me with it.:thumbup1:

I've been married 20 years and I do what I want. I'm in charge not her and she knows it. I am the boss and I do everything I ;alsmkcf

(Freemason has been grounded and is not allowed back on this forum for 2 weeks. -Mrs Freemason)

I started growing my mustache in 1970 while I was stationed in West Berlin with the US Army. The two of us have a lot of history together, so no woman is going to stand between my 'stache and me. And while I have grown (and subsequently shaven off) all kinds of beards and goatees, my 'stache has always been a faithful companion.

How much do I care about this? I think of it just like this famous saying about guns >

""I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"
(replace gun with mustache and hands with face)

Seriously though, my wife has always liked my 'stache and has never had a problem with any other facial growth. The only issue she has is if I don't keep it neatly trimmed (she does hate a scraggly beard).

I've had a mustache, either as a stand alone facial construct or as a part of a greater goatee or full beard, since June of 1983, with only perhaps 3 weeks total of not having the upper lip covered. The last time I shaved the mustache, my wife took one look at me and said, witheringly, "You look like your dad!" So I grew it back. Now, he has some sort of facial hair as well, again, so we sort of look alike, again.
$2012-07-08_05-27-18_235.jpg

In an attempt at panache I grew a moustache. An upper lipholstery most grand.
But then from my missus I got no more kisses for she had taken her stand
She claimed it's verbotten and that it was rotten to thoroughly upset her plan
Of a husband clean shaven and no cowardly craven imposing himself as her man.

You'll shear that soup strainer or it's a no brainer there will be hell to pay
There's one way to save it you better go shave it she said in a petulant way
She gave me a look and that's when I took my razor and slunk right away
My tale is no teaser in order to please her I took leave of my lip toup'ee

Love it!

It's not an option to lose the 'stache. I have had it since I was 14, except for basic training. It stays. No discussion.

SWMBO hated mine when I first tried a beard. I've had a goatee in one form or another since we've met, but the beard/mustache combo was new as of about 3 years ago. She complained it tickled, hated the look, avoided kissing me, etc until I shaved it. Then I noticed she didn't kiss me that often anyway, and I decided I liked the way it looked so I grew it back. I shave everything off from time to time to start fresh, and I try to keep the upper lip as trim and un-ticklish as possible, but I've really grown fond of the beard so I suffer through her irritation (pun intended).

My wife has just learned to live with whatever facial hair configuration I am going with at the moment. I have been growing a mustache for a couple of months since my 8 year-old daughter asked me to grow one. I'm digging the handlebar mustache much to the chagrin of the rest of the family.

I've had mine for 42 years, haven't shaved my upper lip since I was 19. When I first grew it, it drooped only a little past my lips, but for the past 20 years or so has been more of a fu-manchu style. I trim it when it gets long and close to my jawline. My wife loves it, never has asked me to shave it. I've had a few dares, had some requests of "I wonder what you look like without a moustache?" Ans: try photoshop. I have no intention of ever shaving it. My moustache is me. Getting rid of it ain't ever gonna happen.

I haven't been without a moustache in 28 years, the beard has been all sorts of styles, even gone a few times. Up until a few years ago my hair was down to my belt, now I use hair trimmers with a 3/8 comb. I guess I like extremes, lol. I don't tell my wife how to wear her hair or when to shave so she doesn't need to tell me how to have mine. That was something she agreed to early on when we first started dating, we might not have made it beyond a few dates otherwise. This September will be our 30th wedding anniversary, in the 32 years we have been together this arrangement has work well for both of us. Right now I have mutton chops with a moustache, she really likes the way it looks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom