What's new

Morris & Forndran Members Group Buy Delivery Thread

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jzuzphreek
I love that bowl Don! Details please!

It looks like the Col. Conk bowl from West Coast Shaving.

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Col-...182_p_406.html

It is a Col. Conk bowl and I did purchase it from WCS. The soap is AoS tallow-first Lavender.

One or two hairs have fled home. A few tips have fractured off, but that was very temporary and only lasting one shave.

LOADED!

Love the way this brush makes such quick work of Mike's soaps. I'll only use Mike's with this brush now...of course, this brush gets used for much more than just Mike's!

Last edited by a moderator:

strop

Now half as wise
Thanks for being patient, guys. I haven't forgotten about the contest. It has been much more time consuming than I originally anticipated since delivery was spread over 3 months!

My brush has not shed a hair either, but I do have an issue that I'm a little concerned about. Here are some pics to show what's going on.

One of my first SOTD pics with the "Chief"
full

Here's my "Chief" now -
$photo 2.jpg$photo 1.jpg

As you can see, the 'epoxy ring' is much more visible today than it was when I received the brush. I know others had some initial issues with some sloppy epoxy, but this has developed over time. Is my knot slowly coming loose? Any other idea?

FWIW - I don't use super hot water and I don't squeeze water from the brush....just shake. I do gently squeeze out the extra lather for my 3rd pass, but have done that with all of my brushes.

thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
it does not look like soap build up. if I had to guess it does look like it's starting to loosen and work it's way out :confused1

but I've never seen or heard that happening, so who knows.

it does not look like soap build up. if I had to guess it does look like it's starting to loosen and work it's way out :confused1

but I've never seen or heard that happening, so who knows.

It doesn't feel loose in any way, but obviously something is up. :confused1

Top Bottom