What's new

More Odd Chinese Blades

Anyone tried these? The cheetah with wings looks cool.

strange-blades.jpg

I'm waiting for you to try them to see how you rate them.
You might have to wait a few months then. I signed up for all these challenges and participation threads, so I am stuck on the London Bridge blades and then Gillette Silver Blues for a good while.

What is your favorite blade? Mine is the Treet Platinum followed (probably) by the Gillette Nacet.

Last edited:
I never did pin down whether those are made in China or the USA. It's puzzling because Personna is an American company. The razor blades are now sold under the Accu-Forge name.

There are also Baili brand razor blades. Those were actually made by Personna and then exported to China where they were labeled for the Chinese market.
Correction, AccuTec, not Accu-Forge.

Reading "Blanbe" and doing a little online research I noticed that the package with the cheetah is a blade can be also found on the Temu market.

I've never seen them on aliexpress but I don't know if I would trust buying them.

Last edited:
I never did pin down whether those are made in China or the USA. It's puzzling because Personna is an American company. The razor blades are now sold under the Accu-Forge name.

There are also Baili brand razor blades. Those were actually made by Personna and then exported to China where they were labeled for the Chinese market.
I tried the Apaches years ago when they were distributed with the Chinese clone of the Merkur Futur.
On shaving forums in Italy they said they were Personna.
There was also the Qshave model with the related blades and if I remember correctly on the blades it actually said Made in USA.
But they are memories, maybe I'm wrong and they are not reliable information, in case I apologize.

Just to be accurate what we used to know as 'Personna' are now multiple different companies. Edgewell seems to have bought the 'Personna' name, and they manufacture blades in Germany under the Personna moniker now ( the same plant that makes non-Gillette Wilkinson Swords and Schick DEs ).

The "Personna' manufacturing in the US has been reformed using the Accuforge name.

So I'm curious if these Apaches are made in China under license from Edgewell, or does Edgewell also have manufacturing in China?

I liked the Apache blades:
View attachment 1806161

I have two kinds of Apache blades. I believe the green Titanium ones (as pictured) are Chinese made. Pretty sure the other ones (platinum? It's been a while) were US made.

As best I can track down, the blades are actually made in the USA and shipped to China for packaging. But I cannot prove it. That said, the new Battle Brothers blades (which were China sourced) are now USA sourced and remind me of the Appaches - maybe same OEM?

I have also tracked down a company called Kailli who only manufactures blades for others. The giveaway is they claim to use HQ technology - the same as the Vietmanese-produced Dorco blades. I have some of the TechnoMax blades (ones they manufacturer for razor companies to include with their razors, another name is Viceroy) and in a blind comparison shave I cannot tell them apart from ST-300s. US getting back in the game and the Chinese are upping theirs.

Top Bottom