What's new

Montana Natural Shave Company - Ever use it?

If I didn't have 20 years worth of software already I might, but as it is, probably not. I wish they had better descriptions of their scents. I'm interested to find out what "smoke jumper" smells like. I imagine it smells like a forest fire.

Reactions: JSW
If I didn't have 20 years worth of software already I might, but as it is, probably not. I wish they had better descriptions of their scents. I'm interested to find out what "smoke jumper" smells like. I imagine it smells like a forest fire.

I found a smoke jumper scented soap that described it as smoky, earthy. Yup sounds like a forest fire to me.

Guessing it beats the burning tires shave cream.

Yes, actually, my wife's uncle works at Yellowstone Nat'l Park, and got me a puck of the bay rum for last Xmas. It smells positively delicious, is soothingly cool, and VERY easy on the skin (I have atypic dermatitis, so I gots an irritable mug).

As an added bonus, it doesn't leave residue when rinsed; my razors and brush actually rinse perfectly clean, without residue.

Odd that a search for them doesn't turn up a website or any other place to buy it. I am curious, maybe on my next road trip through Montana I will make a stop at UM.

I was in Missoula yesterday and picked up a jar of the Smoke Jumper cream, and thought I'd revive this thread with a quick report.

All in all, I give it a definite thumbs up. Easy lather and a slick shave, with a good post-shave feel. The cream is kind of a light chocolate color, and the scent is basically that of pine tar ... which may not sound very appealing, but I actually liked it a lot. The scent is prominent but not overpowering, and it sticks around for a while after the shave. I'm keeping this one in my rotation.

I spent a couple of minutes sniffing jars at the retailer, and was very impressed by the bay rum ... the other scents, probably not so much. The soap pucks are all standard-looking translucent glycerine slices, and i'll probably stick with the creams for future purchases.

I have used their Bay Rum and Glacial Lakes. Both are excellent creams, and that is comparing them to T&H and Castle Forbes, my normal creams. The cream is quite soft and loads with a small swirl. The Glacial Lakes is a menthol, but not a particularly strong one. It is sold in the U. of Montana bookstore, tourist gift shops throughout the state, and Lucky's Markets, which is the Rocky Mtn. answer to Whole Foods. I paid $14.00 for a jar and deem it a good value.

Wave when you come through town!

Will do! I'm taking my son there to check out Montana State University.

It is sold in the U. of Montana bookstore, tourist gift shops throughout the state, and Lucky's Markets, which is the Rocky Mtn. answer to Whole Foods. I paid $14.00 for a jar and deem it a good value.

I'll checkout the MSU bookstore, just on the slight chance they may have it too. If I have time (doubtful), I'll stop at Lucky's in Billings.

I was just up in Yellowstone and took a chance on a jar of cream (none open to sniff test), but boy am I happy. The smell isn't bad on the "Man Cave" (only option at the fishing bridge store), and I have to say this is one of the slickest I've found. Works outstandingly well with my hard water. It lathers slowly to a point, then just explodes with loads and loads of the good stuff.

I just discovered Montana Natural Shave Company while looking for beard oil at Natural Grocers in Flagstaff, Az. I picked up a bottle of "Vanilla Bourbon" and, oh my, does it smell nice!

Top Bottom