What's new

Money tins for disposal of blades.

Cella plastic soap container. When it is full, I will probably transfer the blades to a medium size cardboard envelope, label the envelope with a warning and put the envelope in the trash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GUEST_8c9f9ec3-dcb0-4b65-ad70-f45fb768535f.jpeg

I just use an empty one of those. Keep it in the cabinet of the vanity. Haven't filled it up yet.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I use one or two blades a week and put them in an empty plastic Feather blade box by sliding them in the top, not the slot underneath, like this:
1.png
Every couple of weeks I take the old blades out of the box, find something suitable in the trash, like a glass jar with a screw top lid, put the blades inside, screw on the lid and pop it back in the trash. When travelling I put used blades back in an identical empty Feather box and take them home to dispose of in the same way unless I have a suitable and safe, screw top container in my hotel room garbage.

I don't know If I'm the first to suggest this, being new here, but I had the idea of getting one of those large coin tins that you can get from poundland shops etc......They would hold a lot of used blades safely. Just a thought, because You could put it into the recycling bank when its full.
That's a cool idea!!!
I grabbed one of those red sharps containers when I first started. I don't think I'll ever fill it. It's a 1 qt one. Only cost me like $4.90 back in 2015.

A few people here mentioned they drop full used blade containers into the recycling. I've never done that. I'm always worried about what would happen to any of the trash men if the thing would accidentally open, someone could get really hurt. So I've been taking my Altoids tins to a guy I know that forges metal. Let my old blades become some kind of art. Let my used blades live on as something useful where nobody will get hurt.

If anyone is UK based, I saw today that Home Bargains have money tins in three sizes. Small slots on the top and they can only be opened with a tin opener. I currently have a metal Feather blade bank but will get one of these when it is full.

I don't know If I'm the first to suggest this, being new here, but I had the idea of getting one of those large coin tins that you can get from poundland shops etc......They would hold a lot of used blades safely. Just a thought, because You could put it into the recycling bank when its full.

My wife had the same idea a coupke of months ago - works a treat:

BEEBFEA2-317C-4587-B685-96DDE4E5C821.jpeg

Top Bottom