What's new

Money tins for disposal of blades.

I don't know If I'm the first to suggest this, being new here, but I had the idea of getting one of those large coin tins that you can get from poundland shops etc......They would hold a lot of used blades safely. Just a thought, because You could put it into the recycling bank when its full.

I did the same, and it is working well! For fun, I decorate mine with blade wrappers.

Blade Bank.JPG

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I don't know If I'm the first to suggest this, being new here, but I had the idea of getting one of those large coin tins that you can get from poundland shops etc......They would hold a lot of used blades safely. Just a thought, because You could put it into the recycling bank when its full.
I use any small container with a lid i can duck tape shut before throwing away. Last time i used an empty screw box.
What does a coin tin look like? Not familiar with poundland either. It sounds like a painful experience lol

I use an old supplement bottle with a flip-top lid. Where I live it's not permitted to recycle used sharps, so I'll dump the contents into a tin can, wrap it securely with duct tape and write "SHARPS" all over it in indelible marker, and toss it in the trash.

At some stage in the recycling process, the material may be subject to some hand sorting or clearing of jammed sorting equipment by people, which is why sharps are discouraged.

I use any small container with a lid i can duck tape shut before throwing away. Last time i used an empty screw box.
What does a coin tin look like? Not familiar with poundland either. It sounds like a painful experience lol
Tins for saving loose change of various sizes and colours. Poundland is similar to a Dollar store.
Tin1.jpg
Tin2.jpg

Several years ago someone brought Pirouline wafers/candies into work. I grabbed the empty tin out of the trash, took it home, superglued the top shut, then took an old knife and punched a slit in the top. Cost: $0.00. Time: ~5 minutes. It's not even a quarter full.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This is what I use and has worked well for years and every once in a while I have to get in the jar to fish out some blades to experiment with like making shims or modifying Gem blades for other razors that had proprietary blades(testing spent blades before using a new blade when cutting with tin snips).
Every once in a while I take the spent ones out and duck tape them and discard them.
Blade bank storage.jpg

I use a magnetic business card to secure my razor blade that is in rotation with my other different razors.
Have some great shaves!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
For the last few years I have been using an old condensed milk tin, but recently it has been showing a few rust spots so this morning I decided to trade up. Picked up this for 2 euro.
IMG_20200924_101417.jpg

Top Bottom