What's new

Disposing of full blade bank

I have filled my blade bank. Could you give some suggestions for safe disposal? Local pharmacy, presumably with a sharp
disposal receptacle, wouldn't take it.

Try your local health department. Mine will take sharps in a non-sharps container, but it has to be sturdy plastic, like a coffee tub. If not, they will usually give out free sharps containers.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Our library bathrooms have a sharps container.
1694905343708.jpeg

TRASH IT.

Recycling centers are rarely automated and have actual REAL PEOPLE picking through the stuff to separate it. They often hire people with intellectual deficiencies.

Recycling a few grams of metal isn’t worth injuring someone.

Sharps containers probably get incinerated along with other medical waste, I don’t know how incinerated waste is taken care of.

Last edited:
Yup, seal it up and trash it. Where I am sharps of all types are not allowed in recycling for the reasons Frito Ray mentions above.

Reactions: abj
I unscrew the lid of my blade bank, empty the blades onto a long strip of duct tape & wrap them securely. They are then put in the trash.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It depends on the local recycling centre. Out here in Australia most recycling centres will not recycle razor blades of any type. If you can get them into a Sharps Container they will be incinerated in an industrial incinerator therefore they are not recycled. I do know that Gillette runs a recycle program called Terracycle. With this program they recycle cartridge blades and cartridge blade packaging. It doesn’t help us with our DE and SE blades but at least there are some types of blades and packaging being recycled which is a great thing.

Our local trash/waste site has a sharps disposal section for free; you could try searching your local area for "sharps disposal". I should add that I keep my used blades in a plastic pharmacy sharps container to help with disposal.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Bang the opening shut with a hammer and toss it in the trash.

I put mine in in stack in tin foil, and Duck tape, then in trash.

TRASH IT.

Recycling a few grams of metal isn’t worth injuring someone.

Yup, seal it up and trash it.

duct tape & wrap them securely. They are then put in the trash.

A common theme from some smart fellas

I use the Feather blade bank( I'm at work atm so here is a photo via Executive Shaving Co) Screenshot_20230917_174024_DuckDuckGo.jpg

When the previous one was full, I simply took a random heavy object & smashed the top of the blade bank. The slot thus deformed in a way that will prevent anything from going in or out. I then simply tossed it into the recycling bin. After of course I wrote something like "used razor blades" onto the tin. Little danger of some intellectually deficient person cutting themselves on one of the blades. This also has at least the theoretical possibility that it might actually be recycled.

Top Bottom