What's new

Mondial cream

Anyone try this cream? Pretty minimal ingredients unless they are not disclosing everything:

Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water), Cocos Nucifera Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Potassium Carbonate

From the reviews it appears to be more of a croap.

lasta

Blade Biter
It's a soft Italian croap made by TFS, same manufacturer as RazoRock, Goodfellas Smile, Extro Cosmesi, Rasozero, Figaro etc.

I tried their Mandarino E Spezie and Tobacco Verde under Mondial, RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore, and their own TFS Ciotola Rossa. Minimal ingredients, excellent lather, tasteful fragrance. One of my favourite soapmakers.

Last edited:
It's a soft Italian croap made by TFS, same manufacturer as RazoRock, Goodfellas Smile, Extro Cosmesi, Rasozero, Figaro etc.

I tried their Mandarino E Spezie and Tobacco Verde under Mondial, RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore, and their own TFS Ciotola Rossa. Minimal ingredients, excellent lather, tasteful fragrance. One of my favourite soapmakers.
Have you used MdC? If so how do you rate it in terms of slickness and cushion when compared to MdC?

lasta

Blade Biter
Have you used MdC? If so how do you rate it in terms of slickness and cushion when compared to MdC?
I haven't. But IMO, slickness and cushion depends on how you lather more than what soap you use.

Used enough soap + water and all are slick enough. I don't need much cushion in my shaves, but lather on the drier side and all should be good.

Cheers!

I haven't. But IMO, slickness and cushion depends on how you lather more than what soap you use.

Used enough soap + water and all are slick enough. I don't need much cushion in my shaves, but lather on the drier side and all should be good.

Cheers!
This does not match my experience. Preceding MdC I tried many creams each for years and only one matched MdC in cushion or slickness. The Gentlemen’s refinery, Art of Shaving, Muhle Organic, all fell short. Only St. James of London did well but the chemicals didn’t agree with my skin causing a lot of irritation.

I’ve been using Mondial Zaharia croap in rotation.

Interesting scent. Reminds me of citrus zest. Lathers easily and rinses off my face, the brush, and the sink clean, without leaving residue. My skin feels fine after the shave—no tightness.

I face lather. Applying the lather on the dry side and adding water gradually by dipping the brush tips in the sink works well. Once moisture is right, the lather is slick but not slimy. Longevity is about the same as most. I refresh the lather about halfway through.

All in all, this soap does what it should do and nothing that it shouldn’t.

BRW, the Mondial HMW brush is really outstanding!

Top Bottom