What's new

Mistura May Madness

I'm in. :biggrin:

Thank you for starting the MMM Tim. :001_cool:
Mistura-May-Madness-2021.jpg

I intend using my Omega 11047 Mixed Midget 22/48 mostly. It's only clocked up 28 shaves to date and needs more to get rid of (or lessen) the dreaded scritch. It's just been cleaned ready for the MMM with my new Zingari Man brush cleaner, which I like.

My back up is my Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49 which has clocked up 60 shaves. It has wonderful scrub and NO SCRITCH. It's great and has been that way since new. It is in fact the best shaving brush on the planet IMO.

They're both lather monsters. :cornut:

Wonderful lather with Palmolive and the BC Mistura today. Scrubby, with backbone for days, and I've come to appreciate the handle, although I still prefer the SOC handle shape.

Reactions: bjm

linty1

My wallet cries.
That soap looks like it would smell nice @JAHE , a good orange smell. Is it just straight oranges? Or oranges mixed with another scent?

9901FC12-0CF5-470F-9D78-AAD7A44B7BDF.jpeg

Sorry if it seems repetitive, I'm a "use one until its done" sorta person. This black cherry is lollipop like in its smell/sweetness.

MMM SOTD
SOTD-Y_2021-05-01.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget 22/48
Soap: LEA Menthol Croap
Razor: 2020 Gillette Tech on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
ASL: Spearmint BLAST (home brew)

A very good shave. :biggrin:
My Mixed Midget's still as scritchy as hell (on shave number 29)… here's to taming it a little. :a17:

I've just finished trialing my (same sized) Omega 599 Super Badger 22/48. The 599 started off being just too soft for me, but it's a great little brush and I've really grown to love it. Boy, today was a shock! The Mixed Midget it definitely THE SCRITCHMEISTER, but I do like it and it's definitely up there with my wonderful Semogue Mistura in the "lather monster" league.

As ever, the rest of the team did an excellent job.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just shaved, and not with a mixed knot, so I'm not in.

Which of ⬇ these ⬇ is not like the others?

3-24-21.Wunderbar.Mistura.Vitos.640.JPG
4-24-20.MixedMidget.FOCS.Vitos.640.JPG
4-29-21.70:30.TimelessBronzeOC.Vitos.640.JPG
4-28-21.MixedKnot.Timeless.OC.Vitos.SI.640.JPG

⬆Hint⬆​

I have four mixed knots.
  1. Semogue SOC Mistura
  2. Omega Mixed Midget
  3. Maggard 70/30 in old Thater beehive (recently revamped to increase the loft)
  4. Oumo mixed in butterscotch handle
I'm not going to use just these brushes over the month, but, since this is very casual, I'll drop in some during the month. I especially want to test the 70/30 a time or two.

The Scritchmeister (Cal's term for #2 on my list) is indeed a lather monster, but so are the others, and they are enjoyable to use. I will not use the Mixed Midget at all (it's out of my rotation and unlikely to come back).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Here's a shot of a couple of misturas of a different stripe: Vie-Long horse-badger knots that I've been using since 2011. Actually was thinking about returning to these today, then saw this thread. A little bit late to the party, and I only shave every three days or so, but I'll try to stay with these for the rest of the month and post some lathering results with them when I can.

Misturas-Vie-Long-Horse-Badger.jpg

That soap looks like it would smell nice @JAHE , a good orange smell. Is it just straight oranges? Or oranges mixed with another scent?

View attachment 1260738

Sorry if it seems repetitive, I'm a "use one until its done" sorta person. This black cherry is lollipop like in its smell/sweetness.

The soap features predominantly cedar and oranges. So it's more on the woody site, the scent strenght is mild/medium.
Mind you, it's 7 OZ. It might take quite some time to finish a tub of this soap... 😉

MMM SOTD
SOTD-G_2021-05-02.jpg

Soap: TFS Tabacum Crepito
Razor: 2020 Gillette Tech on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (4)
ASL: Clubman

A very enjoyable shave. :biggrin:

The Mixed Midget was great and didn't feel nearly as scritchy as it did yesterday (fast acclimatization I guess). It's looking like an enjoyable MMM month ahead.

View attachment 1261598

Shave #2 For MMM

Brush: SOC Mistura - Butterscotch
Soap : GFCC Caribbean Lime
Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
Finished off with Proraso Azure Lime AS Balm

Doesn't get much better than this.
View attachment 1261642
Ain’t the flow through of this brush stellar? I plain and simple love the way it retains and releases the lather. A delight...

Both are beautiful specimens. It really doesn't get much better. My BC was stunning this morning. Perfect flow-through and facefeel I just don't get from other knots.

Is it overkill to get a cherry, a butterscotch, AND an ash?

MMM SOTD
SOTD-Y-K_2021-05-03.jpg

Soap: LEA Menthol Croap
Razor: Yuma YM-403
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (5)
ASL: Spearmint BLAST (home brew)

Wow! A splendid shave. :biggrin:
My ridiculously expensive Yuma YM-403 has just been promoted to my favorite razor. :punk:

His Scritchiness (my Mixed Midget) is doing an excellent job. Performance wise he's just as good as my beloved Semogue Mistura... so hopefully MMM will soften him up a bit.

The rest of the team did exemplary work too.

Top Bottom