What's new

minimalist quest for the #1

Good info on the wizamet reckon will find a sample and try for sure :)

interesting on the cut and nivea reckon I could see that from the face feel of the brickell

figure keep trying it out over time to give it more tries again wont buy again but might be a use up like a few other things I have

the proraso green balm got put in my box of misfits though as the menthol was to much and did not like the feel

I’m a big fan of menthol after shaves, so Proraso balm is nice. I only use it when I use the splash too. I like it when things match.

I’m a big fan of menthol after shaves, so Proraso balm is nice. I only use it when I use the splash too. I like it when things match.
Yeah the match is fun and for sure brings out the best of products
I have a few matching Fine Acroutriments (spelling?) and while a touch of menthol not enough to bug me :) but the smell oh yeah awesome stuff
the Captains Choice I got in matching and yeah

I do think when I try some other soaps soon I will get matching splash
that said the Pinaud Clubman is becoming a fav and plan to try more and while no matching the neutrogena Hydro Gel does nothing to the scent other than bring it down half way and I found I can put a touch more on top and still have the comfort if I want
more than likely the Neutrogena will replace all balms and just use a splash under BUT never say never :)

as the menthol goes I can see why folks love it for the cooling and feel but to me it feels like something is on my face which is really distracting hahaahahahahah

So I think the proraso blue tube (protective) is going to go in the never buy again ONLY because the scent

I love love the nostalgia of Proraso and the performance is up their with anything
if I need a touch up I can just put a bit of water on my fingers and wipe and its super super slick
the post performance of the blue tube is awesome not drying or anything

comparing to my Cremo tube which is easier to get and does not need a brush actually in a bowl and brush I think it is worse than just putting on a wet face lightly ? So its a great travel or camping soap to not need a brush and the smell of the cremo to my nose are wonderful the bourbon vanilla is wonderful to me like candy for the face and shave enjoyment the post performance for touch up like the proraso a touch of water and super slick

For proraso again love the nostalgia company and history
the preshave not sure if it matters or works ? That said might try the other ones for fun
I also want to try to smell the tubes of the single blade shave creams they have the cypress vetiver and the azur lime and the wood and spice see what I think :)
I really want to keep some proraso in my rotation
have to want and love the smell and as it is now the performance is great just not the scent compared to others I am using :)
again I have gone away from the try to narrow down my fav to getting rid of ones I do not like and keep all that perform and just let time narrow down what I use

So decided after a year of trying at various times Mitchells Wool Fat is not for me :)
just does not work well in hard water I feel and have heard that before
but again with so many great soaps not a huge deal and of course many love it so if I move to soft water could be something to try again !

My box of misfit shaving is growing some which is fine as my cabinet and counter are a little less cluttered :) which is kinda my end goal along with the best shaves and minimal fuss and stuff if possible

tomorrow I am going to use my blended Conk :) I have had OK luck with the Col Conk soaps I got the 4 pack I gave away my regular scent or amber with a Merkur 34C to a kid OK he is like 20 but I am getting old who wanted to get into shaving along with some other soaps and blades to try
the almond I have been using it once in a while like a preshave just pop it out rub on wet face ? more time to see if its works ?

BUT took the bay rum and the Lime and made a great combo ! I had used up another tub of my Razor Emporium soap Old School the RE which is one of my fav soaps for scent and performance and I do not like the tiny thing the Conk comes in so put the two pucks together in my now empty RE container and put in microwave on reheat for a few seconds and just when it started to melt took a toothpick stirred it around and a few seconds blended nicely and WOW has this awesome scent

On my best soap quest I think SV might be it so far it is my best post shave feeling by a noticeable amount I did a bit slower water add today with my finger tips and took a bit more time to build up and did well even the add water quick and get going with it seems to deliver the same post but the slow water add got more of the slickness I like
not sure what it is and want to try the 4.3 for sure now and the after shaves just to see but the price of the AS yikes :) my fav post is still just some cheap splash and neutrogena hydro gel but again want to try the things I am curious about to know :)
also some other soaps I prefer the synthetics not sure if its my insane hard water but all the other ones seem to do better with the synthetic so want to try a few more synthetics BUT decided to pull out the Semogue and glad I did :) for the SV it was great

I do fear I might in the future (near future maybe) go down the try a bunch of brushes hole to :)

still have a few soaps I want to try Zingari Man and B&M maybe the spearhead seaforth being so small a company it seems not sure I want to find one I love and have it go away ? But also like to support that to :) so most likely will

NOW the problem I like to use stuff up BUT finding the SV post such a solid leap forward kinda just want to get on with what I love ? BUT I do want to double triple make sure so will keep playing for a while with my other soaps :) so maybe try to just sell off the other and move forward

Todays shave :)
70BB0302-1617-4D95-87A1-F78F0AAD2CED.jpeg

first shave with the Wolfman 1.15 was using a .95
and WOW so much more the direction I wanted to go !
Great things come out of Canada :) (my wife is Canadian)

First day shave with the new wolf :)

View attachment 1467422

Brain dump time :)

this is a first shave impression but from using my .95 wolfman for a while now they are very close in feel and again first shave sure I will change a bit more as I learn this one :)
the ATG was so much more comfy with the new 1.15 for sure less clean up needed and the XTG it did such a better job and these two are where I just wanted more efficiency !
Feeling the way the 1.15 was cutting ATG doing a steeper angle seemed more comfy I had to ride the cap a touch more on the .95 ATG again first impression

Did not really feel more blade just felt more efficient the razorock GC when I would do the 84 over the 68 I felt it had more blade feel and efficiency so now I will be curious to try the 1.25 (more blade feel) in the near future and most likely will be trading off my .95 for a 1.25 but will see how the first week with the 1.15 goes :) if anything like today OH YEAH I am close to where I want to be

can not wait till tomorrow

what is interesting is this last few weeks getting to the SV I found a huge jump in post comfort also I went back to my Semogue brush as the soap did better with it over my other soaps where I like the synthetic that said I am still going to get to brushes to try and will try a few more synthetics most likely and a few more badgers

the jump of course today was going to the 1.15 was HUGE from my first impression and since its not a whole new razor I felt it was easy to know feel from a first impression ?

That said I still want to try the Blackland one eveyrone raves about and the Tatara razors and trade off my .68 timeless Ti bars for the 95 but I would say all other thoughts of any other razors are gone so way closer to where I want to be to the best razor for my face :)

soap wise the SV as said was a HUGE step forward in post comfort and comfort is my main goal
so B&M and Zingari Man are on my must try list oh and the local to me WSP products (plan to go to the small showroom they have soon) I kinda want to try seaforth stuff as I love to support small companies BUT a bit also they seem quite limited will they be around etc... ? I hate to find something I love than have it go away in a few years so maybe will be a fun thing to come around to in the future when I am down to my favs and only my favs

my current fav soaps are the SV in #1 and only tried the 4.1 need to try the 4.3 also :)

my other favs in no particular order
Captains Choice
Razor Emporium house brand
PAA but sometimes what I have read about the company makes me think this will be a use up be done with it since SV is better I feel and others like Captains Choice have such great owners who do so much here to engage support etc...
Fine A brand is also great and love their scents time will tell where they end up compared to my others though
and TOBS the Jermyn street might be my fav scent of any scent ! and the post also on this is amazing just the SV edges it out so more time needed with these

So much closer to my where I want to be BUT also have come so far very excited and enjoy the comparing and trying

So been a while :) fun having this to come back to maybe I should have been doing a daily upkeep if not for myself :)

SV soap is on top of all still :) and in 2nd is now caties bubbles

still need to try Ethos and WSP and think I am good
WSP since they are local to me and seem to have some nice scents BUT I feel like they might end up being another artisan perform well soap not in SV class ? This is just in general seeing what folks again just going to have to try them soon :) now Ethos I think might be a SV level soap again comparing what I read but again we shall see :)

I do have SV Morado coming in a few days so I can compare my 70th 4.1 to the newer 4.3

———————————-
SO got all this a little ways back
the soaps the one surprise was caties bubbles :) the stuff is up their with SV in performance for me
the MDC is in 2nd to caties so far and needs some more shaves but the variety of MDC compared to SV or caties might lack and with SV and MDC both being a true hard soap and from my sample use so far think MDC might not make the final cut

the others are all nice but nothing better than my RE house brand or the PAA or other artisans soaps they are very nice and offer nice scents and variety of course it does seem they all are the same with just variances ?
One thing I like about some of the artisan is the seasonal I do think that seems very fun BUT if I did not love them not sure I would want to use up a tub over the season and have sub par also if I fell in love with it and it was gone I would be bummed I know my personality :) hahahahahah

On the artisans like the ones in the pic my RE house and PAA etc.. I do wonder if they are all close to each other in ingredients that they use as a similar base to start or what it is ? No idea just my brain wondering ?

Back to the Caties Bubbles the sample was $8 very reasonable for the size compared to other samples ! But caties and stirling give decent size samples and wish all companies did this as part of their offerings as you truly get to try it !

The Pinaud Vanilla not my thing :) BUT I do wonder about trying the Eldorado bootleg mix many talk about here on the forum maybe ?

794C7CE4-DBF1-4EE7-994C-07464F9CCA4A.jpeg

Shark week did help me narrow down to just the Platinum blade :)

On the razor front :)

over the Shark week decided my GC84 is off my list
I love it was thinking holding it for my son to use ? But decided the Timeless beats it and of course the wolfman beats both I am pretty sure

on the Wolfman 1.15 vs the .95 I am now leaning back to the .95 but need more time and I have that !

The main reason is the 1.15 for daily sometimes I can start to get a touch more sting in the AS splash and while I generally get almost none I do sense more after a while and I enjoy the shave every day so no desire to skip a day in the routine yet !
the 1.15 is more efficient for sure :)
the other two razors I want to try the Blackland blackbird I undestand is more like a wolfman 1.25 ? Some say more comfy though so still want to get one but now kinda wondering if it will be to much daily for my sensitive skin :)

the other razor in the want to try is the tatara kinda want to try both the adj and the regular and most likely prefer the regular though :)

besides those the others like Karve and charcoal goods which I really wanted to try and would still like to one day are not on my must radar anymore :)

And bouncing all over like I do in my thoughts :) I was going to save the GC for my boy to start BUT with the comfort of the timeless 68 I have I might save that for him and the Henson in black Med as that thing is so easy but I do get a touch of drag with the Al ? But I can let him decide and play with what I have at the time who knows what I will have then :) he is 14 and getting that dark fuzz we all had :) so going to be soon I reckon

My last shave with the GC 84 :)
98EB7C57-481B-44D7-B798-EAFA6AE85CE3.jpeg

Last edited:
Saponificio Varesino so far has become my fav soap still followed by Caties Bubbles
still need to try Ethos and WSP

So got some new SV samples to try
and Morado the round is bar/body soap then the Morado 4.3 shave and the Morado After shave

5194F268-075A-484F-BBBA-BBBEC62F1CC4.jpeg

I wrote this in the 365 shaves thread about the Splash

Brain dump thoughts inbound :)
First impressions and use of the splash ?
I wanted it to blow me away with first use I wanted it to beat the pants off or tie my choice of splash then put the magic of Neutrogena Hydro gel on :)
sadly it did not ? I will give it more time of course and just on its own its amazingly good like it does not need Neutrogena to take it to the next level but I will try it with it later :)

I would prefer a 1 bottle solution ? Will the Ethos do that when I order some ? Maybe and if not OH well I get to use Pinaud or old spice or whatever fun cheap splash I love and have fun with many choices and use with Neutrogena Hydro Gel and have this perfect post feel :)

the SV splash first half hour I do sense a touch of that tack feel and dries off nice but I do get a touch of that something on my face feel I do not like
some cheap aftershaves have this sense of they took something from your face ! And that is where the Neutrogena just does magic for me

this is very much in feel my old spice and cremo balm or nivea balm on top which is great but not the Neutrogena magic that is my #1
again first use so will see how it goes and if not OH well :) I love trying and exploring new things and who knows might change my mind some after more use and comparing

brain dump time over :)

I AM DONE looking for aftershave :)

in quick now Neutrogena alone or combined some cheap aftershaves won !

I did say above I wanted the SV aftershave to blow me away and it did not a bit more on that I wanted it to beat the Neutrogena and it did equal it in face feel and conditioning and post feel in a 1 bottle solution which is amazing
for whatever reason since the above where I said I had a bit of tacky feeling after that has not happened again ? not sure why I had that first time I can only think whatever I had on and I think I used to much was the issue :)

I do think its fun to post my first thoughts to come back to often changed so I know and am reminded to always give things a try and keep trying but there is that point you just know and move on or not rebuy

SV compared to the other aftershaves I have used it is the best #1 single bottle solution I have had yet :) including my recent Ethos
the one downside to me is the scent does not last long enough its not terrible its maybe a touch more than Captains Choice but less than others some of them Like Pinaud Clubman and Fine A really lasts quite long on me

some like Fine A and other artisan types are still more $ in that $20 a bottle and while they are great post feel alone they are made better by Neutrogena and the cheap ones like Old Spice at $5 are just as good and again any of those with Neutrogena go to # 1 its the great equalizer for me !

so kinda have this WHY bother with the more $ ones and my reason is the fun variety of scents I can get !

my solution will be I can get many colognes that are really better $ for how long they last and I can get this great variety and vary how long I want them to be around etc.. many scents I tend to like anywa are just homage to great scents like Aventus or others
had a recent client from a decanthouse and I did love the fun of nice edt colognes parfumes whatever ya call em :) way more than fancy after shaves so glad I figured out where I am going :)

at 59 besides my teens I never bothered with this smell good and lifestyle did not really cater to it not that I stunk either :) being a scuba instructor just did not matter
I feel putting the money into some colognes will give me more enjoyment than any boutique or artisan aftershave will :) and ironic Old Spice is my fav of all aftershave scents and every time I wear Pinaud Clubman my wife loves it

Neutrogena is also way cheaper than SV of course with how much I am using going to guess 1/3 cheaper and 1/2 the cost of other artisan aftershaves and I can use it on its own with no scent or use any cheap splash for various scents also on top its my #1 for my face and forehead so it pulls double duty

Last edited:

SV scent update​

this was based off my Aftershave samples and what I liked the "yes" is will get as a soap and loved it the "Neutral" is more my ahhhh its Ok but cant see getting and of course the "no" is just that no way the "*" are the two soaps I also have along with a full bottle of Morado Aftershave I will truly love and enjoy using up since it is so good

quick side note the Morado and Cubebe are for sure same family smelling to me the Cubebe seems fancier in that its more dimensional with complexity :) does that make it sound like I know what I am talking about :) but you can truly smell it on various levels and get various things and I like that ! the Morado is more flat or that base notes of amber really carry it you get some tiny hints of the spice and top but I wish it had a bit less base and a bit more top ? but then it might be to close to the Cubebe ?
either way Morado is a great scent and really growing to like it but the Aventus clones and some others that are more spicy I prefer more
and I am not a big fan of the to flowery or earthy scents I feel so I am bias in those others as we all are to what we like

this is also in order of what I like the most which I reckon depending on how my final soaps compare bring me to having 2 maybe 3 SV soaps on hand
the Morado when finished I will get the Cubebe and most likely just swap these two to break it up since they are close enough not to duplicate !
the Opnuntia and 70th ? I might have both or swap hard to say if the 70th does not ever get to 4.3 ? I might just stick to Opuntia as I do think the 4.3 is a touch better

if I ever decided to get the Felce or Cosmo I would have to smell the soaps not just the Aftershave samples I had and only reason would be occasional use to widen or change things up ?

I used these all about 3x
  • Opuntia - yes - Aventus homage
  • *70th - yes - great citrus top wood amber base cologne perfect light lovely
  • Cubebe - yes - a bit like Morado more top notes come through and lighter less amber more dimensional than Morado
  • *Morado - yes - a bit like Cubebe very light top spicy mostly base amber notes
  • Felce Aromatica - neutral - not bad for a nice earthy just not sure its me
  • Cosmo - neutral - the sample was so weak prefer other like this more
  • Dolomiti - neutral/no - not a fan of the floral that comes through
  • Mirto Di Sardegna - no - to neutral not fan of sandalwood
  • Desert Vetiver - no - to green
  • Tundra Artica - no - like Stella cleaning laundry/dryer sheet smell
  • Stella Alpina - no - cleaning or laundry/dryer sheet smell
  • Manna Di Sicilia - no -fancy soap leaning toward old lady

Massive brain dump on my Wolfman .95 vs the 1.15
this might be hard to read if anyone does sorry :) grammar was a fail for me :) hahahahaha

after today kinda liking the .95 for comfort
while I have a tiny bit of area I did not get BBS today not a huge deal so its easier to mow everything for sure with the 1.15 but I can sense I did so !

am kinda curious if the 1.05 would be that goldilocks razor not to mild not to much ?
Then I think staying inside that comfort zone might be the best way to have one razor

I have a timeless .68 with each bar and want to try the 95 bars also for that razor I really like the OC it just kinda gets in and gets those tough whiskers easier than the straight its not as efficient as the .95 wolf and both are equal comfy but tomorrow I am using the 68 timeless

that leads me to wonder knowing my timeless if the 95 comb would be just a touch more efficiency with the same feel ? So that is a want to try just so I know the OC can catch you a bit easier while rare I have nicked myself with the OC

the 1.15 is not uncomfortable its just that post after shave splash feel I can get a bit more sting and not a bad sting more a feel it in a few spots that took extra passes I do like how you really feel where the blade is and maybe every 3 weeks I get a tiny nick where I move to quick set it down sloppy and get a nick nothing that needs anything just that sting feel and maybe a tiny bit of blood after 15 seconds but I mean nil and its usually on the edge of my ear :) ahahahhaah I kinda hit the lower part and come in cause I hate hair on my ears :) and maybe once a month I get that nick on my adams apple area I have never had that happen with the .95 and again that once in a rare is ME being lazy and fast but that is life we are not always on perfect timing

now my rex ambassador and the lupo 95 the sting is like NOT good :) ahhaahha like I breathe out brace for impact bad
what I do love about the 1.15 is you really feel it where it is in a good way but then the downside is that feel can start to get warm going after those stubborn spots those other razors are in a box to sell though so glad I tried them but to much for me

Yeah going to go through my main blades now with each razor and make some notes how each one does ! The upside to all this is I think the 1.15 is going to show me which blades are the most comfy
my theory a bladebeing say from 1-10 in comfort (bad to good) the 1.15 gap allows me to get to that 10 where the 95 only allows me to get to 8 and if a blade is above 8, I cant tell the difference
I notice this with the permasharp and my green 7 O’Clock both are close to the same in the .95 I can kinda get that the perma is not quite as comfy but its hard to tell but when I do the same comparison in the 1.15 its much easier to tell which blade is more comfy for me

again my end goal is one maybe two razors I love and are comfy for daily I used to want one to be high efficiency now not so much

I have said I can use the 1.15 daily but it catches up and after A week or so its a kinda warm shave like I can tell I was shaving and the splash starts to feel sting in spots ? Then I have to use the .95 or my timeless to reset my face to comfort again so really deep down I know the 1.15 is not for me but I do love the testing and as said above going to test those blades to maybe find the most comfy blade in the wolfman

even if I find a blade that I can do daily with the 1.15 and get no feel I kinda think that still puts it on the edge of my comfort zone and I need to step back a touch and repeating above would the 1.05 be that perfect just inside ? Maybe but do I want to be that close to the edge all the time ?

I used to race MX did pretty well and got into road also and its like being on that edge can get tiring

for sure want to try the wolfman .95 open comb
for sure want to try the timeless .95 gaps ( I was going to let go the razor but love it to much and since I have it might as well try to trade off my other 68 bars and see what the .95 is about)
and want to try the Tatara both the adj and the regular kit they have
then reckon am done trying razors :)

Soaps I am close to being done testing

blades also very close but once I dial in the final razor will do one more go through of a bunch of blades :)

SO Brushes :)

got this RV Muhle STF

another long bad grammar first thought brain dump :) hahahaha

img_6124-jpg.1521964

so my first shave thoughts on the RV Muhle STF and LOVE IT

way better than my RR Tricolor Plissoft in every way but I do love that flag color handle :) might just try to find another knot I like for it !

handle wise this thing is so pretty almost has butterscotch deep colors that you see in the pics and very comfy I love smooth handles without deep sharp or 45 angles this fits that look
length I love the bit longer for the bowl lather just seems easier especially with the timeless bowl !

grabbed the Spearhead Seaforth spice soap for a quick first time clean lather and rinsed but wow super nice super easy as I wanted then went to my SV for the shave

the lather in my limited experience with a few synths (this is my 3rd) and my one badger the end result is about the same just you get their easier quicker with the Synth ? IMHO anyway and yeah this thing was fast easy and nice

face feel was great not quite the softness of my Semogue OC Badger will see if this gets softer ? not that I want it that soft as this thing is soft ! maybe the badger is more invisible or just kinda has less feel is maybe to say ?
either way this a nice feel and cant say one is better than the other both are great and maybe the Semogue is to soft when splaying out ? again need more time more brushes to compare so I will change my mind I reckon :) hahahahaha

lather release I did notice a touch of when splay that some of the lather can kinda push back up the knot closer to the handle a tiny touch like very small compared to my Semogue but also more than the RR does but does not bug me as what it puts down on the face with a bit of splay (like just the tip splay not a fan of smashing the thing) it puts down the lather wonderfully and so far better than the other brushes and painting is painting to me that is the same)

the HUGE take away for me was the no pin/pokey feel the RR can have its not all the time but splay a bit and you can kinda feel this itch poke feel here and there that my badger or boar never did and wanted to get away from and this delivers !!! OH so smooth

pressure to splay seems very nice I might like something a touch easier to splay ? not sure yet might think of getting a second one and have it set higher but still need way more time than one shave to decide :) but do want to learn more about brushes and IMHO the only way to learn is get these things and get variations and use them and find what you like

size is perfect :) I could go up or down a touch more but if anything would prefer down not a fan of to large a knot like the boar I have just covers to much ground

I do want to try a few more synthetics now :) and depending on how that goes if I can still get this knot after that maybe a 2nd one set a touch higher if that is possible ?

and still want to try a few more badger for sure just so I know what else is out there :)

also if this had that pin/poke feel the Plissoft has I would have been done with synths but glad to know not all the synths have that feel !!! as that feel was just enough to really annoy me and would have been a game breaker
again why its important to try and try again to know for sure :)

first shave with this beauty

img_6126-jpg.1522454

Last edited:
Glad you like it! Mine is the same shape just in the Sea Blue resin; what is the name of that awesome yellow?

From your description it sounds like you might really like the 23mm STF (Rudy says it's actually closer to 22mm). For being the same fibers it's a very different brush. In addition to being smaller it's much less dense so it's softer, splays easier, and as far as flow-through it just spits lather out (in a good way ha).

I would really have a hard time deciding if I could only have one.

Glad you like it! Mine is the same shape just in the Sea Blue resin; what is the name of that awesome yellow?

From your description it sounds like you might really like the 23mm STF (Rudy says it's actually closer to 22mm). For being the same fibers it's a very different brush. In addition to being smaller it's much less dense so it's softer, splays easier, and as far as flow-through it just spits lather out (in a good way ha).

I would really have a hard time deciding if I could only have one.
yeah if I get a second want to get that blue color I saw in your pics love that also :)

ya know I wondered about that 23 also if he has them as I have read that about them ? so might be the way to go for my next synth :) hmmmmmmmmmm

yeah I do love it though and made the SV even easier to work with over my badger time wise but I do want to get a SV badger for my next badger again just need to try these things to know for sure :)

my brain dump on where I am at
(posted this in the 365 shave thread to)

My woflman 1.15 yeah to much for me daily a week later it catches up and is irritating so need to trade off for a .85 I reckon

wolfman .95 I can do daily sometimes I want a touch less blade feel for those sloppy shave days ?

timeless .68 OC is great have not tried the Timeless .95 bars but the 68 OC is back and forth with the Wolfman .95 in end comfort

timeless 68 straight bar efficiency lacks takes way to much buffing to get the last ones standing on my jaw line !

Timeless scallop in 68 I have is coming back in rotation ?

Pulled out the RR GC yesterday with the .84 and great shaver ! But the woflman has close to the same feel with the end result being superior :) so for those on a budget IMHO the RR are some of the best bang for buck razors made !

Todays shave GC .68 today and WOW forgot how great that razor is the .68 was so so so comfy BUT for sure can feel my face growing a few hours later going to call this closeness as the efficiency to get to that clean good shave is easy this might be more like the scallop timeless if I remember and tomorrow will let me know more when I use that .68 timeless scallop
because of this lack of closeness going to still have to try the tatara razors
and a wolfman .85

as overall I like the closer and more efficient feel of my Timeless and Wolfman I do think they offer more overall than the GC
BUT that GC .68 today was so comfy and that comfort is my end goal :) but again with another gap wolf and tatara and the bar options in the timeless to early to say if it will keep advancing or not :)

I did decide going to keep the GC kit and not sell so its out of my box of misfits my boy at 13 is going to need a razor soon enough and the GC 68 might be a great starter for him to start with

duplicate post from the daily 365 thread but wanted to put it here for the fact of narrowing down my soaps the CC Cream has been amazing and again glad I tried it or I would not have known this post comfort feeling

Timeless .68 permasharp 4th use and gone
RV Muhle ST
SV Morado really loving this scent more and more
Cella is almost gone and while I like it I prefer others more so will just use the bottle for some Pinaud decanting

1667312759859.jpeg

As I try to narrow down my fav gear so here goes a brain dump of my thoughts so far
Used to love these blades now not so sure 🤔
tomorrow the Woflman .95 with the Morado to compare to todays Timeless shave as I try to narrow down my fav razor

the residual slickness of the SV was better maybe 1 tick better than my CC Cream but the post feel when the AS hits the face the CC Cream is superior and leaves me with a better feeling face in the end like 3 ticks better (whatever a tick is) so I think it has become my #1 but a few more soaps to compare it to again just to make sure

Thinking I might try the CC as a preshave and see how it does with the SV or some other soaps if I can pull out that superior post feel from it and get a bit more residual slickness during the shave ?

Will try some other preshaves to see if it helps the slickness of the CC Cream and of course even some preshaves to see if it can help the SV give that perfect post no sting perfect post feel I am loving !!

Goal of course for me is to find that ultimate comfort and slickness I want in one maybe two soaps but in no hurry loving the journey of tinkering with all the soaps and there are some awesome ones out there

BUT that said I do think a soap should be able to deliver it all but maybe with my insane hard water I just need a preshave and a cream/soap to get that perfect all around lather I want ?

Can say the CC Cream for sure has beat out my SV overall and never thought that was going to be possible but will test some combos soon to see what I can come up with and decide if the combos give that much more and are worth the hassles of more steps more product

But as a single soap/cream I can say so far CC cream has moved to #1 but I have a few more soaps to try as I want to never have that OH I should have tried this itch to scratch !

Timeless Razor won for now :)

so decided to keep going forward with the Timeless Ti .68 SB and crown handle !

I still want to try the Charcoal goods level 1 and Daily and for sure the Tatara in both the fixed and the adj so maybe next Xmas or sometime later this year just want to dial in my fav soap and blades and just reduce the stuff I have ! and just enjoy the daily shave
not sure I will like the charcoal in brass as the weight ? I think I love the Ti feel and the Tatara I can get in Ti
also do want to get the .95 plates for the Timeless and I do love the idea of having plates available without having to get the whole razor like the wolfman makes you do !

as far as the others they are all great just the old YMMV and choose what we like all were amazing in their own way
loved the blade feel at first then daily sometimes it started to be to much and had to jump down to something mild

the Wolfman .95 and the GC 84 were the last two standing
the Timeless .68 OC was also around but that is part of the Timeless in my eyes so is not a individual razor and I do love the OC and if does not sell I might hold onto it for a while longer just to have the option

Wolfman 1.15 and .95 - the 1.15 I could only use for a week then to much ! the .95 could use daily but sometimes just wanted a break from the blade feel

yates with the med plate and the hybrid med very nice but just prefer the Timeless or the wolfman

the Mamba and forgot the other more curved cap I had the blade angle and shape and for RR I prefer the GC

a shick injector think I liked DE better and did not like the shave and angle thing

GC 68 and 84 the 84 was my fav and again did make it against the wolf and the Timeless and was a nice middle ground but the efficiency of the others was a touch better and the Ti feeling is something I love

Lupo 72 and 95 just to agressive for me

Rex another to aggressive but have to say the best stickiest nicest handle I have ever used !

the other timeless plates are nice just like that super mellow SB

the Hensons in med and mild the wife has the mild I am saving the Med for my son think its going to be a good first razor and then he can try mine and we can decide ! the fixed angle and suction they have he can decide but its mild and safe easy to use and the med gives just enough blade feel he can tell its there and its black and he will like that :) hahahahaha
will be fun to see what he ends up liking !

some of the vintage and the merkur and a few others failed early on and kinda put out of my memory the Merkur PIF to a buddy getting into this and he loves it the one vintage was my dads will keep around

now onto soaps and then onto the blades once again ! that triple dog test thing I have to do !

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Congratulations on finding your best for you for this moment razor! Timeless makes happy clampers that’s for sure.

Which soaps and blades are facing down your gauntlet?

Top Bottom