Razor: Dovo SR
Blade: non
Brush: Shavemac Badger
Soap: CRSW Oliva

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ethos Lavender

The Deets-
I hadn’t put much thought into seasonal scents before, but decided to go with something light today. The CRSW Oliva is a light scent and the base whips up a really nice lather. I am also trying out this Shavemac brush that I picked up in trade. The brush is a 22mm so it runs on the smaller size, but it’s in my wheelhouse. I had washed it in Dawn soap with a hand lather when I got it and there was a bit of scritch. Today with a soak for a couple of minutes, no scritch at all. The tips are soft and it has good backbone too. I think this brush will be an excellent addition to the rotation.

20 laps on linen and 40 on Horsehide and I was ready for business. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a nice shave and the soap had plenty of slickness. I do think I catch the scent of olives when I use this … hm. No issues with the shave, but I missed a bit on my throat, so we’ll call it a DFS for the win!

A quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain. You know it. I am digging this Lavender splash as well. It’s going to be a great day. Life is good!

CF1CEC82-8A98-4FD1-83C0-15943FE74796.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 749)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Adjustable 84
Blade: Feather
Soap: Stirling Nag Champa

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Nag Champa

The Deets-
A very nice early morning shave. I was a bit pressed for time and went with a DE this morning. I chose the Nag Champa just for the scent. Great shave, BBS and ready for the day. Life is good!

Home Front-
So … the wife tells me this new pup is part Doxie and part Beagle. What!? I am beginning to think this girl is part alligator and part flying squirrel. Typical pup chewing on everything she is not supposed to. And she has toys, but … but … hm. We also have a few baby gates up to keep the dogs out of certain areas. This dog can jump up, get her front paws on the top and over she goes. Did I mention that she is as fast as greased lightning? Ah … the joys of puppyhood.

487621B3-0372-491B-9FD3-25D89DF13F5C.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 750)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Plain Vanilla
Splash and go

Shave-
Blade: none
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainier Ash
Soap: Stirling Unscented w/beeswax

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SantaAnna Whiskey Bar

Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 751)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainier Ash
Soap: GD Clarus

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ghost Town Barber

TGIF! Life is good!

3ECAC5E5-1922-4F44-853C-CA2AA0377B55.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 752)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Reynolds SR
Brush: SV LE Badger
Soap: SV Opuntia

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Opuntia

The Deets-
A relaxing late morning shave and it was very nice. I decided to go with the SV today and it was the right call too. Three smooth passes and I am BBS for the win! I really dig this soap and scent, it is a definite keeper. And when I asked the missus for a sniff test, I got neck kisses. So I’m thinking she likes it too. That was the reason I used this set … just for her.

Home Front-
The tiny terror is doing very well with her potty training. But we have some work to do on chewing. No, not one of the grandkids … but the new dog. Our bed has some small wooden support legs underneath it and I found that the terror had carried one off to the big dog pillow. Not sure how she ripped that off there, but she did. Other than that, we had some errands today. Those are done and now making dinner plans. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 753)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: RR 400
Soap: A&E Grecian Horse (sample)

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Witch Hazel

614A1179-EEC2-4DE7-B90F-C1B79A924AAC.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 754)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Soap: PAA Porthos

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: PAA Porthos

The Deets-
Late morning shave today and it was nice. Decided to go with Porthos and will try to stick with this setup all week. This scent fell into the “like” category, so it should be around for a bit. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Wrapped everything up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain. Oh yeah, Monday here I come. Life is good!

Home Front-
Here is some of today’s not pet approved chewing materials.

683C4D7F-4F81-415D-95EA-6176F966520F.jpeg

F5756326-E227-46A5-920E-2F163E9D0DEA.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 755)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainier Ash Badger
Soap: SV Stella Alpina

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Stella Alpina

The Deets-
Opps … I forgot I was going to use PAA this week, my bad. Anyway, had a very nice lunchtime shave … just because. Three passes and I walked away BBS for the win!

Home Front-
So another day in the joys of pet parenting. Looks like less damage today. Two of the grandkids toys and one stuffed animal of the missus found their way to the dog pillow. The stuffed animal was rescued without incident. My sneakers were assaulted and there is extensive shoestring damage to one shoe. One a positive note, the potty training is going very well … knock on wood. And I think that’s all I have for you today. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 756)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainier Ash Badger
Soap: PAA Porthos

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: PAA Porthos

The Deets-
The dog ate my deets. Life is good!

32B3304A-B78D-4430-941B-A4DC405069D1.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 757)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Notovan Horsehide
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: knothead Boar
Soap: Strike Gold Honest Abe

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Strike Gold Honest Abe

The Deets-
TGITHMF! Thank goodness it’s Thursday My Friday! I scored this in a generous PIF from ScuttleSoap and thought I would give it a go. This is from the website.

“This scent is inspired By the now high in demand discontinued ,Ultra Zest. We used top quality the best money can buy fragrance oil in this soap to recreate this much beloved scent. Scent Notes are as Follows: Fresh notes of tangerine and blood orange float over a rich accord of patchouli, coffee, spices, and vanilla. Hints of ginger and mint”

Home Front-
The only casualties today were the missus house shoes … uh oh. You know what I am talking about. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 758)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Soap: Strike Gold Nostalgia

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Strike Gold Nostalgia

The Deets-
Day off today and it is kind of a casual day. Today I used another soap/AS set from the PIF from ScuttleSoap. This is another light pleasant scent, that is blended so well that I cannot pick out a single scent. Three nice passes and I am BBS for the win!

From the website:
Scent notes: Australian coastal moss, lemon,sage,geranium,Virginia Cedars.

Home Front-
So another day in the life of puppy parenting. And what was victimized today? I found my hiking boots on the dog pillow, along with one of the missus flip flops and some kind of craft stuff. On my side of the bed (in another room) I found the missus other flip flop. All the Kings horses and all the Kings men couldn’t put that back together again. I think that’s all I have for you today. Life is good!

FD90A2F9-FDAE-491F-AEC7-56D4F9343A63.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 759)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Graydog Boar
Soap: Strike Gold Sakura Rogue

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Strike Gold Sakura Rogue

The Deets-
Started today off with a late morning shave. This is another soap from my ScuttleSoap PIF. This one, on the dry down reminds me of an Avon scent. It has that kinda vibe to it, but I can’t place it. It also appears to be discontinued or maybe seasonal, not sure. Anyway, another very nice shave. Didn’t have a matching splash, so I finished this shave up with straight Witch Hazel. And once again some BBS goodness for the win!

Home Front-
I don’t think I mentioned that the missus is back in East Texas, taking care of grandkids for a few days. So I am trying to hold down the homestead. Oh the trials and tribulations of a puppy parent, lets see the destruction count for today. So last night I heard a sound similar to a wind chime. We don’t have one in the house … so let’s look. Some “beach in a bag” sovereigns we made years ago with: sea shells, sand dollars, sand, etc. dog was throwing it up in the air. Bag ripped with shells and powder fine sand everywhere. Today: Dallas Stars memorabilia book from the mid-nineties Stanley Cup run- gone. More of that potpourri crap- gone. And she found another “beach in a bag” … (sigh). I think I might have to start measuring her damage on the Fujita scale. Life is good!

36AF0418-D5A1-4246-8BB6-9476B6D2EF48.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 760)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Ralf Aust SR
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Strike Stirling Executive Man

The Deets-
Very nice shower and shave this afternoon, after mowing the yard. And today I have Stirling on deck and as you know, I am a Stirling fan. Three easy passes and I am BBS for the win! Oh yeah. Wrapped everything up with the matching aftershave and everything was right as rain!

Home Front-
Well another day in the life of a puppy parent. The missus is back home and all is right with the world. I did have to give a damage report to the missus and she was not surprised. Hard to believe but the damage today was not scattered nearly as far and wide. So … I had taken a break from mowing and was trying to cool off and hydrate in the garage. I heard a loud thump from inside the house. Checked it out and one of the grandkids stuffed animals was on the dog pillow, the water bowl was in the middle of the room. But the real attention getter was a rolled up carpet we had leaning against the wall. Somehow this pup had brought the carpet roll down. At least it didn’t crush the dog. Life is good!

E29F815E-848B-4FBE-AD19-1094C93C2793.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 761)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Three Ranners SR
Brush: Graydog Boar
Soap: Victory Shaving Hell’s Wench

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Thayers Cucumber

The Deets-
So today’s shave was Victory Shaving and this was one of the last production batches. I have not used a soap with this type of formula before but it lathers and shaves well. I dig the bomber themes too. A nice three pass shave was had and I am BBS for the win! Love it when a plan comes together.

Home Front-
So I had some samples come in today. There are three or four soap samples and about as many aftershaves. I can’t wait to start trying them, but that will be next week. I also received a Clauss straight that I scored. I was told that it has never been honed and I believe it. It looks like NOS and is dull. But I can fix that. I’m also excited to try this one since it’s a 6/8.

So I was mistaken yesterday when I thought all was well with the world. So I am working from home and the Bully is laying at my feet. Then it hit me .. I accused her of ripping some SBD’s down there. I stepped away from the stench to grab another cup of coffee and the stench was worse in the kitchen. I circled through to the room where the little dogs and there it was … CODE BROWN … CODE BROWN. Not sure what set her stomach off, but man did it ever. She has been doing good on the potty training up until THAT. Thankfully having hardwood floors really helped with the cleanup. I will be glad when the puppy phase is over. Life is good!

C549AD72-A34B-4456-81FF-97B175E60C82.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 493 SE: 9 SR: 762)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Ralf Aust SR
Brush: Techichi Synth
Soap: Ethos Succes

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ethos Succes

The Deets-
Great shave and no doggie drama. Life is good!

Top Bottom