Razor: Shumates Barber SR
Blade: none
Brush: Knothead Boar
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ethos Lavender

The Deets-
A very nice late morning shave was had today. Woke at 5:00a due to thunderstorms and worked on cleaning the house up before the missus gets home today. The grandson is showing improvement, so the missus should be headed home some time today. But the thunderstorms put my lawn mowing on hold for a bit. Probably a slow day working on a few things around the house and then I brought home some work that needs to be done before tomorrow.

After most of the housekeeping was done, it was time for a shower and shave. The Fat got the nod, along with the Ethos Lavender. Man that was a nice shave. An easy three passes and I am BBS for the win! And I am ready for the day. Life is good!

3F52DE50-C099-4D6C-A208-D2DD67EDAE74.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 491 SE: 9 SR: 742)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Notovan Horsehide
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Shumates Barber SR
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainier Ash
Soap: PAA Porthos

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: PAA Porthos

The Deets-
Forget to post yesterday’s shave. I had a really good shave with the PAA and the new Trotter Handcrafts brush. And this TGN knot has been really nice with soft tips and good backbone right from the first shave. Again, a very enjoyable shave and I walked away BBS for the win! So the missus finally noticed the new Trotter Handcrafts brush and was checking it out. She really liked the heft of the handle … I know right? And she liked the ergonomics of it … I know right? But she didn’t like the Badger, she prefers synthetic … I know right? I might have been smiling a bit too much when I said that because I got some side eye. Anyway, since she was standing around, I had her do one more sniff test.

So where does the missus stand on this soap? Let’s find out …

Love it-
Stirling Executive Man
Stirling Nag Champa
PAA Sangre de Drago
PAA AA Bay Rum

Like it-
Stirling Piacenza
Stirling Triumph
HeV Duc de Santal
Stirling Gentleman
PAA Porthos

Don’t like it-

So there you have it, the current standings. I will also add: SV Opuntia and MWF to the list of likes for me. That puts me missing my mark of 10 or less, but not by much. I still have several on the shelf that are a one and done, so I didn’t put them on the list at all. I do find it interesting that we both liked the same scents and soaps, but I guess those things may happen if you have been together for a significant amount of time. I’ll keep working down what I have until I get down to just what’s on the list and then go from there. Life is good!

DC445604-9E3E-4AD3-A9AE-70ACC757FCF7.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 491 SE: 9 SR: 743)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Dovo SR
Brush: Graydog Boar
Soap: Stirling Scarn

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Scan

From Stirling-

“Inspired by one of our favorite television shows and Sauvage by Christian Dior. We have been receiving requests for this scent for years. If you’re unfamiliar, it’s a fresh, spicy, woodsy scent with notes of pepper, bergamot, lavender, vetiver, geranium, patchouli, cedar, and labdanum.”

It was a Spring release this year and not currently available.

Shave Count (DE: 492 SE: 9 SR: 743)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Adjustable 84
Blade: Feather
Soap: SV Stella Alpina

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Stella Alpina

The Deets-
I had to go into the office today and you know I hit snooze one too many times. I am going to have to adjust my schedule just a bit for the whole return to work thing. Anyway, grabbed the Black Beauty and the Stella Alpina. Man this soap whipped up a nice lather in no time. Had a great shave and started the day BBS for the win! The scent of the Stella Alpina is nice, but doesn’t last too long. This one may be a one and done. I need to try a sample of Desert Vetiver and see if that would make a good replacement.

We had 1.6 inches of rain on Sunday and another two inches on Monday. So it will be a few more days before I can mow. But if I feel energetic, I have other honey-do’s I can work on. But I’m not feeling it today. I think that’s all I have for you today. Life is good!

The last few shaves.

6CD066ED-81E7-4104-94E9-9A1FAD742E75.jpeg

06FD4334-E603-4132-8327-A4699EC8E7CC.jpeg

And today’s shave.

AB774264-B68C-4EA6-B55F-D214B83C6E00.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 492 SE: 9 SR: 746)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Blade: non
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainier Ash w/TGN Finest
Soap: HeV Duc De Santal

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: HeV Duc De Santal

The Deets-
Had a very nice late morning shave today. I have an errand to run today so I thought I would go with a lighter scent. More on that in a minute. I really like the scent of this soap, but I would like a little more longevity out of it. But hey it’s a really nice scent and made it into the final rotation cut. The permanent rotation was whittled down to 8 soap/AS sets for now. But I may switch out one or two as I work my way through the ones I will not repurchase. That cuts my rotation exactly in half and it may take a while to work my way through using up the remaining sets. A very relaxing three pass shave and I am BBS for the win! And a healthy splash of the aftershave brought it all together. Life is good!

Home Front-
So we lost one of our fur family this week and although we knew she was living on borrowed time, you are never ready to let go. Dogs have been part of our family for decades and although they are with us for just a short amount of time, they are truly loved. The Red Doxie has been taking hard. He hangs out in Sissy’s bed and hasn’t been eating.

As they say, when one door closes another one opens. Week before last Deb was out of town watching the grandkids. She had found two dogs that were in need of rescue, a 9 month old Doxie and a 2 year old Boston. They were house dogs until a newborn came along and is allergic to dogs. So the dogs were sent outside in the Texas heat. She called and asked if she could bring them home. I asked her to come home without the dogs and we could talk about it. Well we just picked up the new Doxie for us and the Boston for my brother.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Congratulations on your family’s new arrivals. I’m sure they’ll love their new lives. Your brother’s new will probably insist on adding an “e” to his last name if I know Bostonians.

We saw this dapper dachshund at a nearby pet store this morning. Their picture.
1626562131514.jpeg

How did Deton-8 fit in the love it, like it, leave it list?

What’s your new doxie’s name?

Congratulations on your family’s new arrivals. I’m sure they’ll love their new lives. Your brother’s new will probably insist on adding an “e” to his last name if I know Bostonians.

We saw this dapper dachshund at a nearby pet store this morning. Their picture.
View attachment 1298338

How did Deton-8 fit in the love it, like it, leave it list?

What’s your new doxie’s name?

On the Deton-8, I think I forgot to have the missus give it a sniff. I’ll have to circle back around to that.

On the Doxie, she had the name Pistol Annie and we got her papers too.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Showed Pistol Annie’s picture to my bride and believe you can count us in if you need dog sitting in north New England for some reason. But then I’d be left with a home filled with heartbroken ladies when Annie left.

Sunday Shave-
Shave Count (DE: 492 SE: 9 SR: 747)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Graydog Boar
Soap: Stirling Unscented w/beeswax (sample)

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ethos Lavender

87E7B226-E205-4ED9-857E-8FAA011CE9A1.jpeg

Today’s Shave-
Shave Count (DE: 492 SE: 9 SR: 748)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Soap: Stirling Gentleman

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Gentleman

The Deets-
Early morning shave and starting the week off with Stirling Gentleman. Three very nice passes left me BBS for the win! Very nice! Not sure yet, but I may use this all week.

Home Front-
So … the Tasmanian Devil seems to be settling in. Maybe we should have named her turbo, she is just a red and white streak running everywhere she goes. Schultz (the Red Doxie) has growled at her a couple of times when she is in his face, but that’s been it. But most of the time he just watches her run around like a maniac. She has chewed a few more things that are not her toys and she needs pottie trained. I’m telling myself it’s a process. She should do just fine.

E9F26255-DB02-4F7C-9057-A88A61EBF6D4.jpeg

Top Bottom