Blade: none
Brush: Graydog Boar
Soap: Stirling Hipster

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Hipster
Frag: none

The Process-
After a bit of a refresh on the Reynolds, it was on deck today. That edge is a lot better than the last one I had on it. It delivered a nice smooth BBS, so it is back in rotation and I will give the Solingen a try tomorrow. Life is good!

08B34DE3-5A48-46C8-91F7-499C77B12F33.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 422 SE: 9 SR: 508)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Solingen SR
Brush: SV/TSC LE Badger
Soap: Fine Santal Absolut

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: First Santal Abs

73932DE1-5389-4DB7-990A-C3A8B3636753.jpeg
09/03/2020
Shave Count (DE: 422 SE: 9 SR: 509)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Reynolds SR
Brush: APShaveCo Badger
Soap: Krokos

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Avon Everest

Didn't log yesterday's shave ... my bad. It was a very nice shave, just overlooked the log entry. Hit the Krokos ... just because and wrapped it up with the Avon Everest. I'm diggin that scent and I think it's in my top 5 Avon scents.

7F702C8B-A259-4C04-8644-014C1C62816C.jpeg

09/04/2020
Shave Count (DE: 422 SE: 9 SR: 510)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Reynolds SR
Soap: Stirling Gentleman

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Gentleman

The Process-
It was a hard fought work week, but let's wrap it up as a gentleman ... a Stirling Gentleman. Kept the Reynolds on deck ... reasons. But did switch out the rest of the kit. The SV brush got the nod ... well yeah. And Stirling Gentleman rounds out the kit for today. Many of you know that I am a Stirling fan and I blame @bentheduck for this purchase. Thanks Ben! All the qualities of Stirling and man I dig the scent. Loaded heavy this morning with a wet brush and a 30 second load time. I whipped up some lathery goodness right there.

50 laps on leather and it was go time. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no issues to report. That was a very nice shave indeed! The edges on these last three razors has been a vast improvement and I am once again BBS for the win! Really enjoyed the Stirling, with the scent lasting the entire shave. The gentle scritch of this new badger was also nice and everything just came together. I also had lather left over for a post shave lather while I cleaned my shave gear.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a pat dry. Followed that with a healthy splash ... ok really it was a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Yes ... yes it was. Man that was a great shave to finish out the week. I am super stoked to wind this one down and start the weekend. Life is good!

Home Front-
As I mentioned, taking these three razors back to the stones made all the difference in the world and helped to restore my honing mojo. I do have a couple of razors sent out to get different edges. Can't wait to get them back and try them. I may be sending out a third razor for an Ark edge too. I think I have one more razor to clean up and hone. I will try and get to that this weekend. A few weeks ago, I scored a small soft/hard Ark combo on the bay, so I may try a soft/hard/SB Ark progression. AFAIK, we don't have any hard plans for the weekend, so we shall see what the days bring.

FA8393D8-2182-4AF7-B86E-C6F0BF7BCE79.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 422 SE: 9 SR: 511)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Dovo SR
Soap: Stirling One

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling One

The Process-
Great three pass shave this morning. I am BBS, smelling good and off to do honey-dos.

470C438D-57B4-4366-93F5-B59F3C3A31D8.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 423 SE: 9 SR: 511)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: I think Wizamet
Soap: Stirling Piacenza

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Piacenza

The Process-
This is the kit I brought out for me to use and show my brother how to shave with a DE. He didn’t show, so I’ll try again another day. His loss, I had a great shave and I am BBS for the win! Piacenza seemed like a great choice for today ... yup called it right. Life is good!

Home Front-
Fighting with a clogged kitchen sink. I’ve ran a snake through it three times and still don’t have it fixed yet ... grrrrrrrr. Hopefully I get that knocked out soon. My brother invited us over to cook out chicken on the grill. Come on ... who can pass up food off the grill?

4B3906E5-8480-4D6C-B934-F06D9DA50A75.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 423 SE: 9 SR: 512)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Divo SR
Soap: SV Opuntia

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Opuntia

A great have and day was had. Ended up buying another horse too.

88E54BB3-CB12-43A3-92CA-5309D0D82952.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 424 SE: 9 SR: 512)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Wizamet?
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: AA Bay Rum

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: AA Bay Rum

Very nice shave this morning! Smelling great and BBS for the win! Life is good!

According to Google reverse image lookup, one of the cats brought us a live baby copper head to play with.

5179D27D-B6D1-4BFE-8EAC-42BFD99FB10F.jpeg

3 dogs, 3 cats and 2 horses. We’ve had snakes before but those were boa or pythons. The venomous ones can stay away :biggrin1:

82B81B45-AFA1-4A3E-BF16-417C48D2EC48.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 424 SE: 9 SR: 513)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Dovo SR
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Florida Water

The Process-
I was in the mood for Florida Water, so naturally the MWF gets the nod. Had a great, slick lather going on with the Stirling Boar. I used a damp brush and a 35 second load time, just playing around with the lather.

Was a bit behind schedule, so 50 laps on leather. And a two pass WTG and ATG shave with no drama to report. But that seems to have confirmed that I am a three pass guy, I am only DFS today. But once again I had lather left over for a post shave lather while I cleaned my shave gear. Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a pat dry. Followed that with a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Not the greatest shave, but it will do. Life is good!

Home Front-
Well, all three cats came in the garage this morning so no casualties. But I guess I should start watching around the house for other Copper Head babies and/or the parents. We have never seen them around the house before. We have rat snakes, a skunk and an opossum in the garage but that's the only poisonous snake so far.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Aggie Mag says keeping the lawn and lower branches of trees and shrubs trimmed removes shelter from both copperheads and the rodents they desire consuming.

Is that really true about copperheads or just pro-communist propaganda? Can’t answer that, but removing the shed my neighbors’ son crushed in my yard at the last house reduced the garter snakes hiding out in our yard. Feeding cracked corn to the crows did it in the new yard. Of course, garter snakes and crows are non-venomous, but garter snakes creep out my Bride; we both loves crows; and snakes don’t eat as much pests as crows and bats eat.

A24937FD-B41B-4499-94B5-8516F0B7011F.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 424 SE: 9 SR: 514)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: H Diamond SR
Brush: SV TSC LE Badger
Soap: Ethos Succes

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ethos Succes

The Process-
TGITHMF! yes, it is a short week for me. Wrapped up the work week with a very nice shave and there was much rejoicing.

Home Front-
Sent a couple of razors out to try some different edges. They are headed back my way. There is another razor I will be sending out shortly to try an SB Ark edge. Can’t wait to try that one too. My Ralf Aust came in today as well. It’s a good day.

F3AB8C35-8C46-4141-88A8-1D21ACD1A724.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 424 SE: 9 SR: 515)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Ralf Aust SR
Soap: Stirling Triumph

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Triumph

The Process-
Woohoo early afternoon shave and it was glorious! That’s right afternoon, I slept late and goofed around some when I got up. Anyway, whipped up a nice lather that smelled outstanding!

Trying the Ralf Aust today and went with my standard three passes. Man this razor can sing and the PO had a nice edge on it. Knocked out three smooth passes and I am BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! That’s some goodness right there! Life is good!

Home Front-
So I like the Ralf Aust and I got a screaming deal on this one. But it looks like something was spilled on the scales and took off part of the finish. Still a screaming deal, but I’m pissed. And the seller denies there is anything wrong with the finish. I can fix it, but thats not the point. So I guess tomorrow I will pick up some steel wool and Linseed or Tung oil and see what I can do.

Top Bottom