Razor: Ralf Aust SR
Blade: none
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainer Ash
Soap: Stirling Deton-8

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Deton-8

The Deets-
Yesterday was SV Stella Alpina with the Shumates Barber SR. For this week I’ll use the Ralf Aust and Stirling Deton-8 set. Nice late morning shave today and I am enjoying a chill day. Then back to work tomorrow … hm. Three smooth passes this morning left me BBS for the win! A healthy splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! It’s the simple pleasures. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 616 SE: 9 SR: 982)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainer Ash
Soap: Stirling Deton-8

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Deton-8

The Deets-
Hit snooze one too many times this morning and had to grab a DE for a quick shave. Life is good!

CDB5E3BD-36A9-4F4C-AB29-1B962DC734DD.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 617 SE: 9 SR: 987)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Notovan
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Boker SR
Brush: Shavemac Beehive
Soap: Ethos Succes

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ethos Succes

The Deets-
This week I am using Ethos Succes. Yesterday I was in a hurry and grabbed a DE. Yesterday I also got my Boker back from Matt, but it was late in the afternoon. He was kind enough to put an Ocean Jasper edge on this for me and it is nice! It’s a smooth comfortable edge that doesn’t sacrifice sharpness.

When I am trying a new straight or a new edge, I have no reservations. I am just eager to try it, like I was this morning. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a great shave that left me BBS for the win! Chased that with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! Man that was a great start to the day. Thank you again Matt for the edge, I appreciate it. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 617 SE: 9 SR: 989)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Deets-
TGITHMF! That’s right friends and neighbors, it’s my Friday. I have really enjoyed the Ethos and the Boker this week and will hit it again tomorrow to finish out the week. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 617 SE: 9 SR: 990)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Deets-
Friday is here and I way overslept, but I guess I needed the rest. Early afternoon shave and then off to the doc. Another very nice shave leaving me BBS for the win! My sinus issues are still hanging around and the doc gave me a shot. No sucker or smiley face bandaid either, what a crock. Anyway got that done and threw steaks on the new griddle for dinner. Life is good!

Top Bottom