Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts
Soap: SV Opuntia

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Opuntia

The Deets-
Today was a very nice late morning shave. Went with the Opuntia today, using a boar brush. I also went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. So nice. Wrapped everything up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! And of course you know … Life is good!

Home front-
Today is a day of rest in our household. But I found I do have one chore to do … the missus has seasoned Rib-eye setting out. So grilling will be done today. Rib-eye, sweet potatoes, salad and cheesecake. We are living large today.

204BB0F0-D041-4853-97F2-0349BA8516B6.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 622 SE: 9 SR: 1006)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Simpson Berkeley
Soap: Ethos Succes

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ethos Succes

The Deets-
Didn’t realize I haven’t posted all week … my bad. I rocked Ethos Succes this week. Started the week with a straight and the last two days I grabbed the Slim. Great shaves and BBS all around. Same same at work this week. I picked up a new team mate, so hopefully things will lighten up on me as he settles in. Have to help my stepdad with some stuff tomorrow. Then visiting with a friend that is in town Sunday. I also have a Japanese straight headed my way, it’s a Manaslu M-55. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 623 SE: 9 SR: 1006)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Graydog Schoolhouse Rock
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Proraso Red

The Deets-
Slept in a bit and had a very nice shave. Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Wrapped everything up with a healthy splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! Man, I dig Proraso Red. Helped my stepdad get his stuff done and then got invited to dinner with my youngest stepson and family. It’s a thank you dinner for helping them move. I am all about free food, so I am in. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 625 SE: 9 SR: 1008)

Pre Shave-
Scuttle: GP Scuttle
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Shumates Barber
Blade: none
Brush: Knothead Boar
Soap: DentonMajik Masters of the Green

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: none

I received 3 samples of soap from a maker called DentonMajik.

Today I took a test drive of my first sample, Masters of the Green. This is a light, fresh scent but not in my wheelhouse. I did try it to see how the scent opened up when lathered. A light, pleasant scent, but I would not purchase based on scent. I found it easy to lather and it does build a nice dense lather that is slick. I forgot that the boar I was using today holds a bunch of water, but it was not a problem with this soap. Between my three passes, the residual slickness was nice and still present while rinsing. I didn’t chase this with any aftershave, and the post shave feel was nice as well. I am curious what other scents the vendor has. I may follow up on that, once I finish a few others. Life is good!

C89CD7EB-DD57-4B3C-BC55-BF25DE95739D.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 626 SE: 9 SR: 1009)

Pre Shave-
Scuttle: GP Scuttle
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Manslu Razor
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts
Soap: DentonMajik Hot Laguna Nights

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: none

Yesterday I shaved with the KuSaFiRi sample and today was Hot Laguna Nights. As I mentioned in my last post, the soap has a very nice base, that performs well. The scents are blended well too. It could easy find a way into a soap rotation. But for me, none of the scents would knock anything out of my current rotation.

I also had the new Manslu razor on deck. The razor itself is wider and heavier than some of my other razors. Not a problem at all, it was easy to find the groove. This edge is legit. It came from a BST and the seller finishes his razor on a blue jean strop with black paste on it. The razor has a sharp, smooth edge and it almost wanted to stick to me a couple of times. Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Very nice shave indeed.

It was my Friday off today, but I did jump online to knock out some reports I had due today. Other than that, kinda a chill day. The missus headed out about 4:00pm to babysit grandkids, so I am bach’in it again this weekend. Unfortunately, I have a lot of catch-up work work I need to do, so I will probably be working most of the weekend. In spite of that … Life is good!

CABD9C4D-DB68-4EEA-B1C2-06A65C2F0D8F.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 629 SE: 9 SR: 1011)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Knothead boar
Soap: Stirling Deton-8

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Deton-8

I started the week off with the kit above. Thought I would rock the Deton-8 again this week and get closer to knocking it out. The green tub is starting to show through. Started Monday with the Knothead. Grabbed it off the shelf, ran my hand across the top of the brush and every bit of 20 hairs popped out. Did that a few more times with 5 or 6 popping out, then finally it stopped. Not sure what that was about. It I remember correctly, I picked this boar knot up from WhippedDog. But I may replace with a TGN. Used the brush that day. Yesterday and today I used my Fluffy Industries boar brush.

Some nice shaves have been had. Instead of a three pass shave, the last two days I have done a two pass shave. The first pass with a Gillette slide seemed to pick up both the WTG and XTG passes. The ATG sealed the deal. Still rocking the BBS for the win! Of course you know I wrapped up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! Stirling just delivers.

Crazy busier still at work and I am trying to catch up. But so far, no one has turned off the water hose. I know there is light at the end of the tunnel, but I don’t see it yet. I was able to pick up a new team member, hopefully we can tame this work flow when he gets up to speed. In spite of all that … Life is good!

146EC46A-0057-4988-A406-9EB0C3D583AC.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 630 SE: 9 SR: 1011)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Fluffy Industries V2 Mini Copper
Soap: Stirling Deton-8

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Deton-8

TGIF! I slept very well last night and had a whole new perspective on things today. Not shaving things… but just things. Anyway, kept the same gear to wrap up the work week too.

Great three pass shave that left me BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain. You know it.

We are patching computers this weekend. My part is done for the moment. But will be pinged in a few hours to pick things back up. And I should be wrapped up about 1:00 or 2:00 tomorrow morning. In spite of that … Life is good!

611E8BBA-BD06-4683-9F38-1322E2720633.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 631 SE: 9 SR: 1012)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Notovan
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Clauss SR
Brush: Simpson Berkeley
Soap: Which One’s Pink

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Which One’s Pink

Yesterday was SV Felce Aromatica and the Slim. It was my youngest granddaughter’s birthday party and that took up a considerable amount of time. There was the lengthy drive over, the party, and the lengthy drive home. It was a very good day.

Today is a chill day and the late morning shave, was nice. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Wrapped everything up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain. The missus will be going to visit her Aunt today. So Ellie and I will be bach’n it for a few days. I need to submit a work report and then my day is free. I will probably touch up the edges on several SRs that I have slacked on. And I’m sure I will find something else to do. Life is good!

A46DFB0B-C36E-461A-BD5E-B5274CCE975A.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 631 SE: 9 SR: 1014)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Notovan
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Clauss SR
Brush: ShaveMac beehive
Soap: HeV Duc De Santal

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: HeV Duc De Santal

Happy Tuesday! So, for the work week I am using Duc De Santal. It’s a lighter scent, but I dig it. As usual, I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Wrapped everything up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain.

Speaking of, Sunday night and Monday brought us record rain fall. We had a mess down here with multiple freeways flooding and over 200 water rescues. My car is pretty low slung and thankfully I work from home on Mondays. That would not have been good. I just watched everything unfold on the TV.

I also have a potential wet shaving convert at the office. The subject actually came up talking about pipes and when I mentioned I shave with an SR, his eyes lit up. So, well see how that pans out. Last but certainly not least, the missus will be coming home tomorrow. Ellie and I are both ready. I think that’s all I have. Life is good!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Happy TuesWednesday, Tim! I was driving for about 2 hours in heavy rain on Sunday night when we were making our way back home through Quebec. Not nice stuff at all.

Top Bottom