What's new

Milder than an EJDE89

I've been wet shaving for about 13 years, but for a lot of that time, I only used an Edwin Jagger DE89, Personna Lab Blue blades
and Cremo. It worked well for me, but I recently wanted to try something different, so I got a RR Gamechanger in .68. I've been
trying a few different blades Bic CP, and Gillette SB), and I find myself going back to the EJ razor. I do shave daily, but my beard is
fairly light and soft, and I only shave my cheeks and neck. The GC gives me more irritation, but not a better shave.
I've got some less sharp blades on order (Voskhod, Gillette Green, Astra SS and SP), but, I'd like to try a less aggressive razor as well.
I do like the thinner head on the GC razor, but I would be open to a TTO. I don't really care for the Henson designs.

I have never tried 89 but I would be surprised that 34C is not milder.
I has a significant negative exposure.
Also Rockwell 6C or S with plates 1 or 2.
The Rockwell is a good suggestion. I may just stick with the DE89 for now, or get a SuperSpeed or a Weishi 9306.
Also, maybe a Slim adjustable?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have a fairly new 2023 Yaqi Slope slant and its mild with regular blades! If a person wants a little more blade feel you can use a Kai SS extra wide blade.
Yaqi slant razor (1).jpg
Yaqi #1 SLOPE SLANT, Camera photo 2.3.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It looks great! I'd love to try one, but I'm thinking a Slim adjustable or Superspeed are more in my price range.
I have those razors also and they are mild and can be bought at antique shops and thrift stores at very reasonable prices.

I don't really care for the Henson designs.
Can I ask what you don't like about the Henson? Is it the look of the razor or the shave? If you can't get past the look that's one thing, but IMHO the Henson shaves beautifully, is quite mild, and is easy to use.

Apparently they're made really well, and do a great job, which I like. I'm not crazy about how they look, especially for that price. I also think an all aluminum razor would be too light. I'd love to try one, but I don't think I'd buy a new one.

Apparently they're made really well, and do a great job, which I like. I'm not crazy about how they look, especially for that price. I also think an all aluminum razor would be too light. I'd love to try one, but I don't think I'd buy a new one.
To each his own. I've now put my Henson AL13+ head on a stainless steel handle and it's my daily driver. Good luck in your search for your razor.

Top Bottom