What's new

Micromatic Monday

Glad you had a great shave with the MMCP. They are fantastic razors.
BTW we love pictures of shave gear. They aren't required but almost are.
Micromatic 2.11.21.JPG My Micromatic was happy to pose for a photo and I attach the photo. It has a little plating loss, but it works like new, including the TTO.

View attachment 1221502 My Micromatic was happy to pose for a photo and I attach the photo. It has a little plating loss, but it works like new, including the TTO.
Looks like you have a Micromatic Flying Wing, AKA Bullet tip. If it has a dot on the top cover it is the Guiding Eye version. Great razors.

Welcome to the club!

@Whiterook is absolutely right. That's a Flying Wing/Bullet Tip. I find them to be great razors but ever so slightly milder than the Clog-Pruf.

Thanks for the ID on my Micromatic. No dot on the top cover, so it isn't a Guiding Eye. Mine weighs in a 70g, which makes it one of the heavier razors in my collection. My new favorite.

If you like the Flying wing and want a more efficient/aggressive razor the Micromatic Open Comb is an excellent razor.

My clog pruf arrived today and just had my first shave with it and i've got a nice comftable BBS without cuts, nicks or irritation. It's a really nice razor and even though it's not as efficient as my MMOC, it's smoother, a bit more comfortable and almost impossible to cut myself. Sometimes, when I shave with my MMOC i'm thinking to myself - ''why bother using DE razors when this is much better?'' Which is one of the reasons why I don't use my MMOC more than a few times a month :D. I'm just afraid that I might sell my DE razors and blades.

I love DE razors, but there's just something about these GEM razors and blades. My only ''complain'' is that the Personna GEM blades don't last very long and I can't get more than 3 good shaves with them. I kinda expected from them to last a bit longer like 5-6 times at least.

My clog pruf arrived today and just had my first shave with it and i've got a nice comftable BBS without cuts, nicks or irritation. It's a really nice razor and even though it's not as efficient as my MMOC, it's smoother, a bit more comfortable and almost impossible to cut myself. Sometimes, when I shave with my MMOC i'm thinking to myself - ''why bother using DE razors when this is much better?'' Which is one of the reasons why I don't use my MMOC more than a few times a month :D. I'm just afraid that I might sell my DE razors and blades.

I love DE razors, but there's just something about these GEM razors and blades. My only ''complain'' is that the Personna GEM blades don't last very long and I can't get more than 3 good shaves with them. I kinda expected from them to last a bit longer like 5-6 times at least.

Curious how many teeth you Clog-pruf has on the guard bar? There are 2 versions. 3 good shaves does seem a bit low. I don't shave my beard just my neck cheeks and back of neck but I get 10 to 13 shaves on average.

Curious how many teeth you Clog-pruf has on the guard bar? There are 2 versions. 3 good shaves does seem a bit low. I don't shave my beard just my neck cheeks and back of neck but I get 10 to 13 shaves on average.

I think I have the older version with the more teeth, since mine is chrome plated and only the gold/brass ones have less teeth if i'm not mistaking. So far i've used 3-4 blades, but after the 3-rd three pass shave, the blade starts tugging and it's not very pleasant. Before I started shaving with GEM blades I was hoping to get more shaves from them, since that's what most people are saying, but I get from them as much as I can get from the DE blades. I also tried stropping the second blade and that made the blade pretty much unusable.

I think I have the older version with the more teeth, since mine is chrome plated and only the gold/brass ones have less teeth if i'm not mistaking. So far i've used 3-4 blades, but after the 3-rd three pass shave, the blade starts tugging and it's not very pleasant. Before I started shaving with GEM blades I was hoping to get more shaves from them, since that's what most people are saying, but I get from them as much as I can get from the DE blades. I also tried stropping the second blade and that made the blade pretty much unusable.

You must just have a particularly tough beard.
Not sure which is newer but the Peerless is the one with more teeth and it definitely came in Gold/Brass. Not sure if it came in chrome. And the standard definitely came in both Chrome and Gold/Brass. The tooth count is 12 on the standard and 17 on the Peerless. That is not counting the blade stops as teeth. If there is any other tooth count variation I'm not aware of it.

You must just have a particularly tough beard.
Not sure which is newer but the Peerless is the one with more teeth and it definitely came in Gold/Brass. Not sure if it came in chrome. And the standard definitely came in both Chrome and Gold/Brass. The tooth count is 12 on the standard and 17 on the Peerless. That is not counting the blade stops as teeth. If there is any other tooth count variation I'm not aware of it.

Yeah, I ment that mine is with 12 teeth, my bad.

Hmmmm. I wonder why? 1912/Junior type razors

Gem — — — Baton handle - ✅
Star — — — Baton handle - ✅
Treet - — — Baton handle - ✅
Ever-Ready - Baton handle - ❌

Mon 15th Very Good SE SOTD!
Soap
Ach Brito Mogno 1st Use of New Soap👍👍👍
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 12th use👍👍👍
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
Awesome shave today!
Was it the super slick and very pleasant scented new soap?
Was it because I strop the well-used blade on a chrome-oxide laced linen strop trying to copy @ouchyfoot
Perhaps a combination of all factors?
Regardless, today's shave was so smooth and so comfortable for 3passes even for the troublesome atg pass on chin and lips using this GEM without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Excellent aftershaves...Marvelous shave session. Rating 10/10!
20210214_232442.jpg

20210215_081135.jpg

Hmmmm. I wonder why? 1912/Junior type razors

Gem — — — Baton handle - ✅
Star — — — Baton handle - ✅
Treet - — — Baton handle - ✅
Ever-Ready - Baton handle - ❌

I too have pondered that inconsistency.

Mon 15th Very Good SE SOTD!
Soap
Ach Brito Mogno 1st Use of New Soap👍👍👍
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 12th use👍👍👍
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
Awesome shave today!
Was it the super slick and very pleasant scented new soap?
Was it because I strop the well-used blade on a chrome-oxide laced linen strop trying to copy @ouchyfoot
Perhaps a combination of all factors?
Regardless, today's shave was so smooth and so comfortable for 3passes even for the troublesome atg pass on chin and lips using this GEM without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Excellent aftershaves...Marvelous shave session. Rating 10/10!
View attachment 1223306
View attachment 1223307

Great looking set up and photo. Love the look of that brush.

Top Bottom