What's new

Micromatic Monday

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Greetings all -- it's Sunday in my part of the world, which means it's time to announce.....
Micromatic Monday Approaches!!!!! :badger:

So I'm a bit of a planner, but I'm also a bit of a last-minute-changer; regardless, here's what I'm thinking for my Micromatic Monday: A Daily Double Gold-Rush Micromatic Monday!!! The players will be a gold BMMOC ("Bumpless" Micromatic Open Comb) and a gold Sheraton. A wise man once said that you can never have too much gold -- actually, a rich man probably said that....in any case, these are two beautiful and superb shaving razors, so I'm REALLY looking forward to this shave!

How about you....will you be joining in on the Micromatic Monday fun? Or perhaps you'll be joining us here for a GEMonday (that includes any GEM or GEM-related razor [e.g., Ever-Ready, Treet, Star]. All razors are welcome, but the virtual bouncer monitoring the rope line will be checking to make sure at least on of those razors is a GEM -- when he's not flexing.:a20:

I might break out my MMOC for tomorrow, but we will see how I'm feeling in the morning. I might just not want an intense shave and go with my 1912 or Jr Bar.

Flintstone65

I might break out my MMOC for tomorrow, but we will see how I'm feeling in the morning. I might just not want an intense shave and go with my 1912 or Jr Bar.
Well, the beauty of all those razors is that any or all of them will work perfectly on Micromatic Monday / GEMonday. Looking forward to seeing one of them on Monday!

Greetings all -- it's Sunday in my part of the world, which means it's time to announce.....
Micromatic Monday Approaches!!!!! :badger:

So I'm a bit of a planner, but I'm also a bit of a last-minute-changer; regardless, here's what I'm thinking for my Micromatic Monday: A Daily Double Gold-Rush Micromatic Monday!!! The players will be a gold BMMOC ("Bumpless" Micromatic Open Comb) and a gold Sheraton. A wise man once said that you can never have too much gold -- actually, a rich man probably said that....in any case, these are two beautiful and superb shaving razors, so I'm REALLY looking forward to this shave!

How about you....will you be joining in on the Micromatic Monday fun? Or perhaps you'll be joining us here for a GEMonday (that includes any GEM or GEM-related razor [e.g., Ever-Ready, Treet, Star]. All razors are welcome, but the virtual bouncer monitoring the rope line will be checking to make sure at least on of those razors is a GEM -- when he's not flexing.:a20:

Good as gold...
This one is too shiny (never been used),
22C33FFB-FA55-4565-A4A2-B35C44F51070.jpeg

so it will have to be this one.
BF669B8A-20B3-43B1-9AFE-DC1C72A78E49.jpeg

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Gold huh? I'm not a big fan of gold razors, but do have a "Flying Wing" model with the Guiding-Eye hood. This one will do for tomorrow here, I don't think there is another gold GEM about ..
IMG_9397.JPG

Flintstone65

I was thinking earlier about which razors will come out to play, I'm leaning towards the MMCP, we shall see.

Gold huh? I'm not a big fan of gold razors, but do have a "Flying Wing" model with the Guiding-Eye hood. This one will do for tomorrow here, I don't think there is another gold GEM about ..
View attachment 1009263
Great to hear from you both, and looking forward to your shaves!!! :clap::clap:

View attachment 1009263

Nice to see what the GEM MICROMATIC “billboard” looks like. It is missing on my set. The 5 o’clock shadow blade case is quite the item!

Slightly hungover today and this is my representation of what the world looks like this morning, broke out a new blade in my MMOC, a bit of Skin Bracer and I feel almost human again...almost.

full

Chickened out after my first pass with my MMOC. My face has been a bit rough lately so my shaves havn't been the smoothest. Did a WTG pass with an MMOC and GEM PTFE then switched over to my Gillette Fatboy on a lower setting and Feather blade for the XTG and WTG.

Flintstone65

Slightly hungover today and this is my representation of what the world looks like this morning, broke out a new blade in my MMOC, a bit of Skin Bracer and I feel almost human again...almost.
Wow, you and I have the same world-view this morning -- nice pictorial representation!!! I still haven't shaved yet, but I'm hoping my shave brings back my humanity as well. :yawn:

Chickened out after my first pass with my MMOC. My face has been a bit rough lately so my shaves havn't been the smoothest. Did a WTG pass with an MMOC and GEM PTFE then switched over to my Gillette Fatboy on a lower setting and Feather blade for the XTG and WTG.
Smart move -- too often I "power through" and I always regret it. Tossing in a milder and/or different razor is the way to go....and you end up with a "Daily Double"!!!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It's a GEMonday this morning, the geese are already flying around and leafs are already starting to turn colors and hard to believe it's still August usually a lot warmer month up north. Still testing my GEM junior 1912 Parade & really enjoying the shaves.
Razor : Gem junior Parade 1912 mfg in 1938
Blade : GEM Personna SS PTFE (10) hit 10 shaves & tossed
Soap : Razorock Lavender:001_wub:
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Pre shave: wet the face & apply some Aloe Vera gel
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Razorock blue barber + witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicates no irritation = :001_rolle
GEMonday Aug 19-2019 (2).jpg

Here is some information if you did not get a user manual with your used razor & Gem blade grind........
Gem instruction manual (2).jpg Gem procedure (2).jpg Blade review Revision #5 Dec14-2018.jpg GEM blade grind angles.jpg blade_angle-se-de.gif
Have some great shaves!

Flintstone65

It's a GEMonday this morning, the geese are already flying around and leafs are already starting to turn colors and hard to believe it's still August usually a lot warmer month up north. Still testing my GEM junior 1912 Parade & really enjoying the shaves.
Razor : Gem junior Parade 1912 mfg in 1938
Blade : GEM Personna SS PTFE (10) hit 10 shaves & tossed
Soap : Razorock Lavender:001_wub:
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Pre shave: wet the face & apply some Aloe Vera gel
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Razorock blue barber + witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicates no irritation = :001_rolle
Have some great shaves!
Great looking GEMonday, and while I'm trying to restrain myself (emphasis on the "trying"), one of these days I need to get and try a baton handle. They look....well, odd to me....but everyone I know who has used one, really likes the feel-in-hand and the way it handles (pun intended) the razor. Also, as someone who has been trapped indoors for going on two-weeks (our "feels like" temps have been consistently hitting 110 Fahrenheit), I truly envy your cooler weather.

Golden GEMonday

Feeling luxurious, harking back to a golden era in SE shaving, ready as ever to wear too much rich Cella lather.

Before and after:
F972F303-05D9-4265-AB3B-C8C78D5012DB.jpeg

5D86B072-DA4A-47CE-9D26-2952AC82E5A6.jpeg

Golden GEM 1912
Fresh, corked Blue Star blade
Ever-Ready 900 boar
Cella by the boatload uberized with half a pea of Cremo
Texas 10X Face Freezer eye opener (shaved before coffee, brave, I know, but not as brave as @boo909 )

Two passes, touch up included flat-on-face buffing in the maelstrom. BBS :)! Don’t see that much these days as I grapple with the early stages of SR. Good morning!

Flintstone65

Golden GEMonday

Feeling luxurious, harking back to a golden era in SE shaving, ready as ever to wear too much rich Cella lather.

Golden GEM 1912
Fresh, corked Blue Star blade
Ever-Ready 900 boar
Cella by the boatload uberized with half a pea of Cremo
Texas 10X Face Freezer eye opener (shaved before coffee, brave, I know, but not as brave as @boo909 )

Two passes, touch up included flat-on-face buffing in the maelstrom. BBS :)! Don’t see that much these days as I grapple with the early stages of SR. Good morning!
Sounds like an awesome shave -- and that is one golden beauty!!!

BMMOC (in Gold)
Persona GEM PTFE (x5)
Arko stick
Omega 636 Silvertip
IMG_20190819_063431-01.jpeg

Great shave. This GEM is a gem! Close, comfortable shave (if you don't let it get away from you). Easy DFS/BBS today.

Flintstone65

BMMOC (in Gold)
Persona GEM PTFE (x5)
Arko stick
Omega 636 Silvertip
View attachment 1009434

Great shave. This GEM is a gem! Close, comfortable shave (if you don't let it get away from you). Easy DFS/BBS today.
A picture perfect-shave!!! Both Arko, MMOC and a Badger Brush....total perfection!!! I really like your Avatar and Name -- I got an opportunity to live out on a tundra buggy for a while and just observe these beautiful bears...watching them under the Northern Lights....totally life changing.

Goldish MMCP for me today. Binned the blade after the 6th shave.
Hot shower prep.
Mer shavings Fougere Orange and two band badger.
6th flip Gem SS ptfe in MMCP
Tolsom and witch hazel after shave splash
And a cold water rinse after.

20190819_110038.jpg

Top Bottom