Mess Hall Acquisitions

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

... it's in there somewhere. :lol:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I'm just waiting for the mass postings in here when guys start getting their knives, it's going to be great.

Yes indeed. I can't remember . . . was there a final head count on how many of us were wise enough to get in on this deal?

Mike

I had the pleasure of dealing with David at TheBoardSMITH in getting a high-quality end-grain block. As I understand it, he recently had to relocate his shop over the summer due to some zoning/local statutes and was having a hard time keeping the poopular sizes in stock due to the interuption. He was responsive in keeping me updated with my order status as he was sold out of the 16" x 22" Maple board.

The board came well hydrated with oil and I didn't have to worry about it drying out on a warehouse shelf, which happened a while back with another brand from Overstock.

Beautifully made right here in America - couldn't be happier! What do you all think?!

proxy.php

I had the pleasure of dealing with David at TheBoardSMITH in getting a high-quality end-grain block. As I understand it, he recently had to relocate his shop over the summer due to some zoning/local statutes and was having a hard time keeping the poopular sizes in stock due to the interuption. He was responsive in keeping me updated with my order status as he was sold out of the 16" x 22" Maple board.

The board came well hydrated with oil and I didn't have to worry about it drying out on a warehouse shelf, which happened a while back with another brand from Overstock.

Beautifully made right here in America - couldn't be happier! What do you all think?!

Looking good John!

What knife is that?

Oh - it's a Konosuke HD 240mm Wa-Gyuto! I swapped the Takeda I had for it about a month ago. Chopping is effortless and I'm still working on getting a good technique going.

Oh - it's a Konosuke HD 240mm Wa-Gyuto! I swapped the Takeda I had for it about a month ago. Chopping is effortless and I'm still working on getting a good technique going.

I thought it might be, I have the petty and the Saya is the same.

Thin as can be right?

Jim I was given several Rosle tools also. I have the cheese slicer and I think it cost $26, I would never have purchased that for myself because I already have several other cheese slicers and all of them cost under $10. The Rosle is the only cheese slicer I use anymore, If I lost it I would replace it right away.

I hope you like it as much as I like my Rosle tools! :thumbup1:

Jim I was given several Rosle tools also. I have the cheese slicer and I think it cost $26, I would never have purchased that for myself because I already have several other cheese slicers and all of them cost under $10. The Rosle is the only cheese slicer I use anymore, If I lost it I would replace it right away.

I hope you like it as much as I like my Rosle tools! :thumbup1:

The misery of being spoiled!:lol:

Top Bottom