What's new

Merkur Futur and Knurling Tool

Bob, I take it you are not going to be doing this again?

Now I can groove the handle but my brass shop doesn't want to mess with the zinc handles.
They had to send Harvey's handle to 2 different shops, the 1st one to get a acidless copper wash and the 2nd to be plated.
Harvey took a wire wheel to his handle so I had to cut off all the old plating to clean up the handle.
If you wanted your handle grooved I could do that, the rest of the handle would still be plated.

Wow---glad I read this thread---I was all set to get a Futur--now that I see that its made from a garbage material---I'll be looking at something else. And yes--Zamak is a garbage material.

Thanks for the heads up--I would have been severely disappointed if I had spent money on that piece of crap.

Are the Progress and Vision made from the same inferior materials?

Last edited:
Sorry to dissapoint you but it is not a piece of crap..This is a razor handle not a hammer. it does not have to last 1000 years. it is a very good razor with a few design flaws..most handles in production razors are cast alloys. Remember the razor only costs about $60 to $70 dollars. If you want solid stainless buy a PILLS for $245.00 or a handmade custom razor. this is an adjustible razor like the Progress. Both will outlast you and could be passed down to the next generation. Modifying a razor is just part of the fun of collecting.

Last edited:
Wow---glad I read this thread---I was all set to get a Futur--now that I see that its made from a garbage material---I'll be looking at something else. And yes--Zamak is a garbage material.

Thanks for the heads up--I would have been severely disappointed if I had spent money on that piece of crap.

Are the Progress and Vision made from the same inferior materials?

I love my Futur and couldn't care less what metal it is made out of. Could I ask why you say the metal is crap and the effect it would have on the razor?

I've had my Future (chrome) for about three weeks now, and it is my go-to razor. I haven't had a problem with it slipping at all, but would do this just for how freaking cool it looks!

Bob,
Any chance of getting an estimate (don't worry the most abrasive thing I've taken to mine is a dish towel).

Mike

Top Bottom