What's new

Merkur 37C vs Hoffritz Slant vs RR German 37

The manlythings versions of these razors look to be the same head you can get as the RR German 37. There are two other companies who's names I can't recall off hand that sell that same head type.
I assume you mean manlystuff. Same OEM I presume.

proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I had a Hoffritz Slant about 40 or so years ago. Never cared for it and shed no tears when both the head and handle cracked, largely, I suppose, from over tightening. I must say, it looked cool in the chrome case with the red velvet lining, though.

Hi Everybody, as people have said:

Old Hoffritz and Merkur (pre 2014)- the same
New Merkur 37c - a touch milder
German 37 - clone of the pre 2014 Merkur 37c

The 2015-2018 Merkur 37c is efficient and a great shaver. The German 37 shaves a bit closer and requires a slightly lighter touch but is a fantastic shaver. Hth, JM.

FWIW I didn't find my Hoffritz slant to have exceptional build quality or finish. In particular, I've seen a lot of examples and the finish on the handle does not hold up all that well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
My Hoffritz has signifigant plating loss on the head and handle and the threads on the topcap have quite a lot of corrosion. Considering its 50 years old though, I cant really complain.

I have five Merkur 37's: silver with smooth topcap, silver with scalloped topcap, 37g, pre-2016 37c, post-2015 37c. No real preference in performance, however shaving vintage is nice.

Top Bottom