What's new

Merkur 34c...Heaven!

Ok, i have been DE shaving for a year, I have been using a Razorock Mission since i started. recently i aquired a Razorock German slant, but the shave angle was hard for me to get everytime. When I did get the angle correct it shaved really close.
Today, enter the Merkur 34c. This razor was so easy to shave with! The shave was near perfect, just had to do a little clean up on a second pass, then alum block. No stinging and really, really smooth face. Merkur 34c just became my favorite, can't wait to shave again!

This was my first DE. I used it for 3-4 years exclusivley. I never felt the need to buy another razor until I started shaving my head and I wanted something with a longer handle.

My dad has it right now, but it's the razor I give out to any friend or relative who wants to try DE shaving.

yea, I will most likely try shaving my head with it this summer. I used my Mission last summer and work good on my head. I wasn't having any problems with the Mission shaving my face, I just wanted to expand a little. I will look no further though!

This was my first DE. I used it for 3-4 years exclusivley. I never felt the need to buy another razor until I started shaving my head and I wanted something with a longer handle.

My dad has it right now, but it's the razor I give out to any friend or relative who wants to try DE shaving.

Interesting. For me the short handle of the 34c makes it the ultimate headshaving tool. I love being able to cup in my hand which is awkward with a longer handle.
I have noticed that the 34c is noticeably less aggressive than even my DE89bl, though they are both top drawer razors.
I think Heavenly sums up this remarkable feat of engineering. I can say i was blown away and have yet to give myself the slightest sign of blood in spite of using it for months on my face and head.

Last edited:
I have noticed that the 34c is noticeably less aggressive than even my DE89bl, though they are both top drawer razors.

Totally agree. I have a DE89bl that I've used almost exclusively for a few years (I mix in the Futur and Progress every once in a while for variety). I acquired a 34C for Christmas and is by far the best of the lot. IMHO, it shave like the Progress at the 1.5 setting. Mild, close and thorough. Easily my top recommendation for anyone looking to start out with traditional wet shaving.

The 34c razor plus the merkur 37c slant (for 2+ days growth) are all I need! (Along with Polsilvers for the 34c and Astra SP'sfor the 37c). Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the previous posts, I have a 38C that is the same head as the 34C being the only difference the handle that in 38C is long and in 34C is short, and I also find it less aggressive than EJ89 being also one of my favorites .
Congratulations and glad to see that you have found a razor that works well with you.

Interesting. For me the short handle of the 34c makes it the ultimate headshaving tool. I love being able to cup in my hand which is awkward with a longer handle.
I think Heavenly sums up this remarkable feat of engineering. I can say i was blown away and have yet to give myself the slightest sign of blood in spite of using it for months on my face and head.

That's why we say YMMV I guess lol. I find it hard to reach some areas and like to take advantage of a little more handle length on the back side of my head.

I'm glad you like it. I've been thinking about picking one up this weekend myself to try it out and compare it to my DE 89

Top Bottom