What's new

Members from India?

How many members are there in the forum from India? Indian members please post here.

It would be helpful for making some Group Orders or getting info about availability of some rare shaving related items in India. For example, I can't find Witch Hazel extract in my city. I can buy from US and get it shipped to India but shipping and customs duty will be be at least triple the cost of the actual product. So, it would be nice if anybody can share info if it is available in any other Indian city at a reasonable price.

Hi there, i live in Gurgaon.. I've never tried to search for witch hazel here but I guess I can easily find some in a good import store.. If you are looking for witch hazel produced in India, you will be disappointed

Hello there I am also from India, been electric shaving till now, planning to convert to DE soon :)

Would be great to know if we can get supplies locally, would end up being much cheaper I think!

Welcome to BB.

Flipkart is selling Omega boar brushes now.

You can get 7 OClock green, 7 OClock super platinum and Supermax super platinum locally. All three are very good blade. The supermax is my favourite and daily use blade. If you find difficult to procure supermax PM me. I can also send you some Astra SP and Red Personna in case you need it.

Indian shaving creams are very good. Park Avenue, Palmolive, Godrej, Dettol are very good. I use these in rotation.

You can get a Biotique green after shave balm which is very good and contains strong menthol. I don't use after shave so I can't comment. Get a large chunk of alum from local grocery shop for 20-25 Rs.

Lastly regarding razors you have to import these. There are no good razor available in India.

Post here or PM me if you need any help :) .

Hey, thanks for the detailed reply :)

I was roaming around some shops and did see all that you mention - I bought some Godrej cream, a Godrej shaving rounds and a cheap synthetic brush. Also got a 7 OClock Super Platinum (black) razor with 5 blades to try with. I want to try out how well I like this whole thing before dropping a few grand on importing equipment..

Thanks for pointing out the supply of Omega brushes at flipkart :D love that site, great fast delivery - I see lots of options, which one would be the best among those available? I have a slow growth (need to shave once a week), I have read a bit on the brushes, I would like something not too specialized, should be good for everything and last me a while.

Thanks again,
Shubhangam

edit: just saw you're from Kolkata! cool, so am I! Studying in a college at Kerala atm though :(

I have a Omega 10066 or similar boar brush. Took a while to break in but after that it's superb. 7 Oclock super plat razor and blades are good as starter. Only gripe is the razor is very light so you need to apply a bit of pressure. In the hands of a newbie this pressure can become too much ending up with irritation. Also, I'd recommend a smoother blade like the Astra or Supermax SP as your first blade. Supermax is a Indian blade which is cheap and amazing. If you can't get it locally PM me your address I'll send you a pack for free to try out.

Also, I have a spare vintage gillette Tech razor which is a great starter razor. If you are interested PM me.

Hello there!

So glad to see fellow Indians getting into the wet shaving world : D
Even I recently started off and have been loving every minute of it. I thought it to be a cheap fix for the costly Gillette Fusion razors I was using, but trust me I've ended up spending waaaay more than I can even imagine on wet shaving :p Just ordered a huge package from Mystic Water, it'll be shipped soon.
But the journey has been amazingly enjoyable and it has visibly made good changes to my face(smoother, softer, tighter skin, fairer skin, etc) My girlfriend even asked me if I got a botox shot:biggrin1::cursing:
I am 27, not old my any means but still wet shaving has made so much difference and I just shave twice or thrice a week.
I am sure everyone has similar positive results and stories to share. Please do share.

Happy wet shaving my dear friends! You have just entered a beautiful world! :thumbup:

Even I have a few extra items which I am willing to give for you guys to try if you want.
Do PM me.

Regards,
Aditya.

I am sure we'll reach more Indian members if a similar thread is started in the 'General Shaving Discussion' forum.

Hey here an another Indian :p
I bought Omega Brush from FLIPKART but unable to find any SOAP and yes here in Delhi no one sales Godrej shaving round anymore :p
I use Gillette Streling and sometimes my DAD's old H.M.T (Hindustan Machine Tools) razor although it aggressive :scared:
Lastly regarding razors you have to import these. There are no good razor available in India.
I am in reach with Parker manufacturer here in Delhi , talked to them soon will be getting Parker 71R or 91R :a50:

Hey here an another Indian :p
I bought Omega Brush from FLIPKART but unable to find any SOAP and yes here in Delhi no one sales Godrej shaving round anymore :p
I use Gillette Streling and sometimes my DAD's old H.M.T (Hindustan Machine Tools) razor although it aggressive :scared:

I am in reach with Parker manufacturer here in Delhi , talked to them soon will be getting Parker 71R or 91R :a50:

Welcome!!

You can try Park Avenue, Godrej, Old spice, Dettol, Palmolive shaving creams. They are really very good quality. Try the Supermax blades - they are cheap yet awesome.

If you can get hold of Parker razor count me in for one. I tried contacting them without any result.

You can try Park Avenue, Godrej, Old spice, Dettol, Palmolive shaving creams. They are really very good quality. Try the Supermax blades - they are cheap yet awesome.
ya have tried everyone of them except Dettol but the one i use regular is Godrej Delux Lather shaving cream,i still have to try many blades as i have just started DE (but i am in this community from quite a bit :001_rolle)Have used only Wilkinson and Gillette super platinum haven't tried any Indian brand but i think tomorrow i will give them a shot (lets see what Indian made blades i can get here)
If you can get hold of Parker razor count me in for one. I tried contacting them without any result.
You should call them i mailed but got no reply in response , so i called and they agreed but i have to visit them for getting one and currently i am not in Delhi,maybe i will get than in 1st week of NOV. (Seriously i am dying to get there :a8:) will post pics here the day i will get the shot :a41:.I like the TTO but afraid to the fact that their are complains about bad blade alignment with Parker TTOs.Anyways which one do you guys suggest me to get (I want Midum type razor not mild not super aggressive but normal aggressive will do my work)

You know it's really funny when i shave at my hometown my DAD and GRANDFATHER watch me like *** as i use their DE and they use Fusion :lol:

Last edited:
I have no connection to India except love the cuisine...I was shocked to read the razors were hard to find since Parker was made in india (im almost certain)...but I will share with you that I purchased my first DE razor almost 3 years ago...a parker 71R and the 22R gun metal...and it still is one of my best razors as far as quality and performance...good luck guys

I have no connection to India except love the cuisine...I was shocked to read the razors were hard to find since Parker was made in india (im almost certain)...but I will share with you that I purchased my first DE razor almost 3 years ago...a parker 71R and the 22R gun metal...and it still is one of my best razors as far as quality and performance...good luck guys

It really is a strange irony of globalization and market forces. Parker and comparable Indian companies manufacture predominantly for export sales in bulk quantities to order, and tend not to focus so much on domestic distribution. Also, traditional safety razors are viewed as being 'outdated' and 'for people with lesser means' in today's increasingly westernized Indian middle class. P+G and others have flourished by marketing cartridge products to this demographic.

It really is a strange irony of globalization and market forces. Parker and comparable Indian companies manufacture predominantly for export sales in bulk quantities to order, and tend not to focus so much on domestic distribution. Also, traditional safety razors are viewed as being 'outdated' and 'for people with lesser means' in today's increasingly westernized Indian middle class. P+G and others have flourished by marketing cartridge products to this demographic.

Aptly said!!

I have no connection to India except love the cuisine...I was shocked to read the razors were hard to find since Parker was made in india (i m almost certain)...but I will share with you that I purchased my first DE razor almost 3 years ago...a parker 71R and the 22R gun metal...and it still is one of my best razors as far as quality and performance...good luck guys

To be true very few people use DE here gust for example my DAD and Grandfather used DE but now they use Fusion , but i can't explain them because Fusion works for them (even for me but i enjoy DE :a54:)

can you give me some advice on 22R have you faced any alignment problem.

Welcome!!

I talked to him again but at first he refused to sell and razor domestically then after requesting he agreed but as he stated he is busy till 18th OCTOBER 2012 he will not be able to provide me the razor, so lets see what happens when i call me after 18th.
ANY SUGGESTION ON PARKER 91R OR 22R ,i m really in love with 22R as its TTO but afraid that in past many had problems with Blade alignment.

Top Bottom