What's new

Members from India?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Group buys that originate and take place on Badger & Blade need to be approved by the moderators.

Group buys that originate and take place on Badger & Blade need to be approved by the moderators.
AFAIK, for a B&B group buy, the vendor should be a B&B vendor. This buy, if at all it takes place, will be from a non B&B vendor, & will be a local purchase. If I'm incorrect, pl. clarify. Nevertheless, I have no objection to asking for approval.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
AFAIK, for a B&B group buy, the vendor should be a B&B vendor. This buy, if at all it takes place, will be from a non B&B vendor, & will be a local purchase. If I'm incorrect, pl. clarify. Nevertheless, I have no objection to asking for approval.
Any group buy coordinated using B&B and offered to B&B members needs to go through moderators for approval. Regardless of the vendor. If it’s being conducted on the pages or PM’s of B&B, moderators have to approve it.

That said, you can buy X amount of any product and sell it via the Panjo Marketplace anytime you want. But if you are offering it through a thread or private message it needs moderator approval.

Any group buy coordinated using B&B and offered to B&B members needs to go through moderators for approval. Regardless of the vendor. If it’s being conducted on the pages or PM’s of B&B, moderators have to approve it.

That said, you can buy X amount of any product and sell it via the Panjo Marketplace anytime you want. But if you are offering it through a thread or private message it needs moderator approval.
Ok.
So I guess everyones on their own.

Hey gents,

I'm in Bangalore (used to live in Sydney up until last year).

I have a bunch of soaps and brushes I brought over with me that are near impossible to have shipped to India.

If anyone is interested in purchasing, let me know.

Note to mods: this is not a group buy, it's just some of my own stash I'm offering up to only members in India.

Greetings. I have a Parker 87R. Lovely razor, nice heft to it. One problem: Uneven blade gap. One side shaves more aggressively than the other. I put it on the shelf and use my vintage Gillettes. They have to fix their QC issues. It is a roll of the dice when you buy one.

That is a pity as I was considering one. Was that a recent purchase?
Yes, I bought it two months ago. It is a pity that Parker had such shoddy QC. It is a nice looking copy of an Aristocrat. One side shaves great, the other side it too mild. Also, the blade must be centered before you close it. If Parker can fix their non existent QC and then prove it, their sales would increase dramatically. The razors are nice looking. It's an easy fix. However the trust of the user is not such an easy fix. I went vintage all the way except a Merkur 34C

I don't live in India, but this was posted on eBay by an Indian dealer of safety razors. I can believe two of the pics in the listing (that show what appears to be a 3 piece design steel razor), but the last pic looks like a Gillette Fatboy. I asked the dealer if it was just a pic of a Fatboy and he replied that it was being made currently in India. I tried to purchase one but the seller said that they are no longer available (for new ones,
eBay listing with pic of Fatboy.jpg
maybe since 1962):001_smile. It would be something if some manufacturer in India (or anywhere) decided to reproduce a razor identical to a Fatboy. Anyway, here is a copy of the eBay listing (which is no longer up on the site - the lister apparently ended the listing).

Newbie from Bangalore. Got into wet shaving about a year ago, when a friend gifted me a Trigodon soap and a synthetic brush from the same company which seems soft and pretty decent [not that I have anything to compare it to]. Loved it, but still been using a cartridge razor. Just ordered my first bunch of 'stuff' ;-)

Edwin Jagger DE89
Edwin Jagger Badger Brush
A stand
A shaving bowl
Proraso soap

Cant wait to get my hands on it.

Welcome to the world of DE shaving, deepakvrao. Don't be surprised if that DE89 proves too mild for you. I've got one sitting in my shaving cabinet. Used it maybe three times. Might be great for guys with peach fuzz whiskers. For those of us with wiry beards, it's a choice between razor burn and a bad shave.

So cool that this thread has been percolating along since 2012. I'm not in India. Never been. But I find the place fascinating. The way it's like a world unto itself. Everything seems to coexist there. Even materialism and mysticism. So wild that there are scores upon scores of computer engineers and also scores upon scores of renunciates who shun the things of this world. Few cultures have the breadth to be able to contain so much. In the U.S. we have everything but most of it occurs in tiny side channels. There's a mass culture that most folks are in, and if you're not, it's really clear you're outside that deep channel. My impression (please forgive me if I'm off base) is that in India, so much more is within the deep channel of the mainstream.

Reviving this thread as I do believe the wet shaving scene in India is getting more popular with new players emerging as well as new converts to this wonderful hobby, I for one, am 2 months old all in, bearded desi head shaver.

here’s a picture of my latest shave with my first recce with an adjustable available here. Learnt that is could be a clone of One Merkur model which I hadn’t yet heard of till today, but heck, beggars can’t be choosers mate. Waiting for the markets to open and the global players bring their wares to our country soon.

2FAFC87E-C4EE-482D-A615-65A183025783.jpeg

You don't have to be a beggar by choice.

Indian markets "are open" as are import policies. You can buy from any country and have it delivered to your door step. Global players like P&G, Gillette, Nivea, Colgate-Palmolive and many more offer their wetshaving products in India since decades.

It's a tough market to enter and sell products where 90% of the population doesn't shave for cultural, religious or fashion reasons.

Contrast it to say the smartphone market. Market proliferation of smartphones and 4G services is one of the highest in the world. The frequency of a new product purchase to replace older one is also one of the highest in the world. This makes it a very profitable market where every global player wants to make and sell their phones.

If you're referring to Artisan shaving products, they sell their products through a local distributor vendor network in another country. Same with commercial makers of wet shaving supplies. They are all local vendor imports from country of origin.

Pearl makes a CNC MILLED adjustable called Flexi in India available to buy and its a fantastic product.

Parker makes the Variant adjustable which is a very popular modern adjustable.

The US has Williams shave soap for a budget buyer and India has the Godrej shave round similarly. European countries similarly have their share of budget and niche local products.

The choice is indeed yours my friend on what you want to buy.

Last edited:
Presuming you're in India by choice as am I, I would love to see my country's marketplace populated with the variety of products it deserves.

We were very happy with our ambassadors, fiats, padminis and what nots until the Maruti-Suzuki collaboration changed the scene and upped the game for the vehicle local production as well as the population. Ebolve or perish. The motor car market opened for other international players to enter, and the ones who didnt have the bandwidth to keep up and rapidly evolve, perished. And I for one am glad they did, since they dished out sub-par products to the Indian janata while they enjoyed their monopoly. Others who didnt like to compromise before this, would import their vehicles, and pay the tax for it.

I dream of an India who's people get better that we do today and easily. And i do believe it will usher a certain refinement in the masses, provided they have an easy access to a variety of good products and living conditions.

Its a dream. And not an impossible one.

I for one can certainly exercise my privilege to import or bring back from travels easily, but thats not the point. I am not a beggar by choice, but by circumstance.

Top Bottom