What's new

Mea Culpa, Tabac

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I bought a tube of the Tabac cream. My first use was...ok. I've read since that Tabac likes water. I think the next time I'll use more product and more water to seeif that improves the experience.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I bought a tube of the Tabac cream. My first use was...ok. I've read since that Tabac likes water. I think the next time I'll use more product and more water to seeif that improves the experience.
I’ve never tried the cream.

Wow.......guess I after over 10 years into this thing should try it. Never have before. Tabac that is.
I started using my Dad's old Gillette razors and signed on to B&B 10 years ago. Back then I saw people talk a lot about MWF and Tabac. I bought MWF. Finally finished that and recently bought a Tabac. Whatever is popular now, I'll try that in 10 years when the Tabac is used up.

It's a mainstay of mine too. I've got tons of other soaps but I always use Tabac when testing new stuff and/or I just want to relax and be 100% sure the lather would be superb.
And it lasts forever. So I've got only another puck and a stick refill in my storage. Maybe I need to procure more...

Its is a very good soap no question, but after a month straight I was turning into Tabac. That smell. It can become insidious lol.

It's definitely not over bearing to me and not something i ever get tired of. I'm glad Tabac and I crossed paths because every artisan soap i've ever tried is like every other woman in my life other than my wife- the novelty is great at the beginning and when it begins to wear thin you know it's almost over. Not so with Tabac.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I really like the scent of the red. It's the only Proraso I've smelled or owned.

I found it too strong and a bit sharp. CRS Indian Sandalwood is more refined and a true Sandalwood. I find the performance of CRS creams a step or two up from Proraso too.

It's definitely not over bearing to me and not something i ever get tired of. I'm glad Tabac and I crossed paths because every artisan soap i've ever tried is like every other woman in my life other than my wife- the novelty is great at the beginning and when it begins to wear thin you know it's almost over. Not so with Tabac.

My PdP 63 is almost gone and will be replaced. I'll also replace my CRS Wild Rose, French Vetiver and Indian Sandalwood in due time. Wickham 1912 Club Cola will also be replaced, eventually. I have no plans to replace the Tabac I had lol.

I like it so much I also got the AS and the EDC. I use the trio once in a while when I want a break from my Ogallala Bay Rum.

...every artisan soap i've ever tried is like every other woman in my life other than my wife- the novelty is great at the beginning and when it begins to wear thin you know it's almost over.
It doesn't bother your wife that you're trying out different women? Just teasing! I once asked a woman out, and when we arrived at the restaurant, she recognized the people leaving and spoke to them for a while. I asked who they were, and she said the parents of her fiancé. 😳 She was still dating to see if she could find someone better. Aaaand she could tell I immediately lost interest.

Went all in on Tabac this morning! My wife actually likes it, though she says it does smell a bit grandpa-ish. I call it old school manly, and puff out my chest just a bit more when I use it.

You are all reinvigorating my interest in Tabac. Was one of my first soaps when I start wet shaving around 2007. Back then Tabac, PdP, and MWF were all the rage. Any differences with the stick version in terms of performance? I can hide a shave stick from the wife easier than another puck!

Tobacco stick is over Tobacco puck, in my opinion. And yes, I know how hard a soap puck hides from his wife.

B&B is also the reason Tabac and I crossed paths. Otherwise i'd still be throwing my whole pay check at the artisans. I haven't tried MWF, yet. That or palmolive stick is next.

Tabac was my second soap. I just had to try it after seeing how polarizing it is. I loved it from the first use.

A few months ago, after a thoroughly enjoyable Tabac shave, I brought it to my wife to sniff. I asked her what it smelled like. "Powder" she replied. "It smells like Aunt Elsie and Grandma."

I said that some describe it as "the inside of an old lady's purse." She nodded in agreement vigorously.

I still like it :)

B&B is also the reason Tabac and I crossed paths. Otherwise i'd still be throwing my whole pay check at the artisans. I haven't tried MWF, yet. That or palmolive stick is next.
I like MWF as much as everyone else like Tabac. I liked the scent and the performance.

Top Bottom