What's new

Mea Culpa, Tabac

Have you finished that puck of Tabac yet? :)

lol Yeah, I use the cream in the tube and I've been through quite a few of them. But, I've been using Tabac exclusively since starting with it. I actually just bought a few more other creams to try other than Tabac, but also stocked up on a couple more tubes of it too, just in case.

M

mtcn77

I prepared a lather with the brush half strained after a full sog, this time. I now get where the 'powdery' smell remark comes from. I don't get the individual rose, vanilla and clove scents - it is just pungent like tutti frutti aroma and bitter-sweet like a bitter almond cookie.

Tabac is, and should be, in the "never take out of rotation" rotation.

In The Beginning, there was Tabac ... and it was Good.

AA
I came to Tabac relatively late in my wet shaving safari, only about 2 years ago. Bought the stick, as it was inexpensive and I wasn't sure I'd like the scent. Turned out I did like it . . . though my first use left a sort of "aftertaste" with me for the rest of the morning. That aroma faded quickly. Now I would have to really sniff the soap hard to get the scent. The performance, however, is outstanding. Tabac is a part of my shaving gear; that's all there is to it.

It's fun to use it with a German razor like a Merkur or Hoffritz -- or to switch and use it with an Italian razor like a Fatip.

M

mtcn77

Has anybody experienced face-scrubbing qualities in Tabac Original? When I was washing my face post-shave with left over lather, my pores are squeaky clean. You wouldn't believe how much dirt comes out.

I think it has to do with shaving soaps in general, they are more soluble than regular sodium soaps which helps with dissolving hard fats...

Has anybody experienced face-scrubbing qualities in Tabac Original? When I was washing my face post-shave with left over lather, my pores are squeaky clean. You wouldn't believe how much dirt comes out.

I think it has to do with shaving soaps in general, they are more soluble than regular sodium soaps which helps with dissolving hard fats...
I don't know about scrubbing, but Tabac certainly works to wash my face with, to remove oil and regular dirt. I often use it before I shave to clean my cheeks and throat, even if I'm not going to use it to shave.

Top Bottom