What's new

MdC soap envelope

Speaking of quality, prices and customer service, what really differentiates MdC from an artisan? The fact that they own a store? Have been around a long time? It's not like there's a MdC factory in China with hundreds of employees cranking-out immense amount of soap.

Speaking of quality, prices and customer service, what really differentiates MdC from an artisan? The fact that they own a store? Have been around a long time? It's not like there's a MdC factory in China with hundreds of employees cranking-out immense amount of soap.

The bigger question is, are all these other soaps and makers Artisan? I've seen Subway market their bread as "Artisan" bread.

The difference is, MdC are true Artisans by my standard and definition. Many of the soap makers today are not but use it to sell their crappy soap with the buzzword Artisan slapped on it or on their company name.

Bought a jar of MdC Rose from a US vendor for $80 over 2 years ago, and consider it my worst shave purchase ever. I've used it maybe 10 times and have PIF'd more than I've used.

Bought a jar of MdC Rose from a US vendor for $80 over 2 years ago, and consider it my worst shave purchase ever. I've used it maybe 10 times and have PIF'd more than I've used.

I have an almost full jar of Agrumes, and while I love it, I’ll sell it to you for $80.00. :)

Sampson's shave soap cures their soap for at least a couple months, and they use the MdC recipe. I ahve both and it is extremely similar. Not same, but no less quality. Call it Coke and Pepsi- the same but different.

Coke is hands down better than Pepsi.

(Just kidding.)

As for selling samples, everyone does it. They throw in generous amount of samples when you buy a product directly from them.

I have bought tubs twice from MdC, the first time fougere and second time unscented. The first time I got no samples. The second time I got a sample of their lavender bath soap. No samples of shaving product.

I have bought tubs twice from MdC, the first time fougere and second time unscented. The first time I got no samples. The second time I got a sample of their lavender bath soap. No samples of shaving product.
I would imagine that for the majority of their customers, including a sample of shaving soap with an order of shaving soap would be a 'coals to New Castle' type thing.

SWMBO always receives sample, but over the years I don’t recall anything shaving related. In fact, I didn’t even know MDC had shaving soap the first several years of her placing orders with them.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Doesn't it make sense that there were no shaving samples included in past orders because they just introduced them like a week ago?

Doesn't it make sense that there were no shaving samples included in past orders because they just introduced them like a week ago?

The envelopes have been around for a while. I didn’t know what they were and only recently decided to ask them what it was.

@snowman, you are the best sales guy for MdC.

Anyway, I decided to order some stuff and I'm attaching pictures. I got 3 envelopes and a small bottle of their shampoo. They sent a sample of soap. Hopefully images will look clear when uploaded. Also enclosing an image of the a card they sent. I have no idea what it says, though.

I will upload more images of one that is open later.

Attachments

• IMG_2343.JPG
    IMG_2343.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2339.JPG
    IMG_2339.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2341.JPG
    IMG_2341.JPG
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2342.JPG
    IMG_2342.JPG
    943.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2350.JPG
    IMG_2350.JPG
    982.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2348.JPG
    IMG_2348.JPG
    958.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Here are a couple of pictures of an opened one.

It's like flakes of soap stuck to a paper, not sure if that comes through.

Attachments

• IMG_2346.JPG
    IMG_2346.JPG
    614.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2345.JPG
    IMG_2345.JPG
    794 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom