What's new

Sewickley Soap Spiced Mahogany review

Just tried a sample size of their shave soap after having used their bar soaps and foaming hand soaps (and loving them).

Spiced Mahogany is a very soft soap, I would call it a thick cream. It is a strange metallic silver blue black color and the scent is like a sweet-spice mix (I am not the greatest at describing scents - I don’t think Arko smells at all like lemon 😉)

Performance: Wonderfully slick and great cushion. I used less than a pea-sized amount in my large Cayuen bowl, which made more than enough for a three pass shave. My Rudy Vey STF brush whipped up an excellent fluffy lather. My Timeless Ti.95OC razor with a vintage London Bridge blade made short work of my two days growth (salt n’ pepper wire tough old man stubble.) The soap performed at least as well as my favorite vintage (old spice, volabra, palmolive/wilky sticks) and new (paa ck6, Caties Bubbles, Dr Jons, Karo) soaps.

Overall, this shave soap is top notch and I will likely try their other scents even though I have more than a lifetime supply of soaps😁 If you take into account how much soap you get in their large jars for the cost, they are a screaming deal.

Attachments

• 162971BC-7289-441A-BC0A-69A054E04B6F.jpeg
    162971BC-7289-441A-BC0A-69A054E04B6F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
I have heard good things about the Orange Teakwood, and if the scent is like the bar soap it should be a great shave soap.

(I am not the greatest at describing scents - I don’t think Arko smells at all like lemon 😉)
No contradiction there! :001_smile

I've seen these soaps around, in fact I emailed the owner to get the ingredient declaration, which he obliged.

After your review, I just might have to give it a swirl...oops I mean whirl.

No contradiction there! :001_smile

I've seen these soaps around, in fact I emailed the owner to get the ingredient declaration, which he obliged.

After your review, I just might have to give it a swirl...oops I mean whirl.
The good thing is that it is inexpensive to try and if you like it you will be able to use it for quite awhile.

Top Bottom