What's new

Maybe I should give up on trying to buy US artisans shipping rates are ridiculous

At the end of the day the vendors and consumers are all feeling the impact of limited stock and increases in shipping.
This is just another reason why it makes sense to stock up when you see items on sale. At least this is how I justify my purchases to my lovely wife. 😁
My philosophy exactly! 🙄

Hi all

I'm Europe based and tried to buy some US artisan soaps but maybe I should give up because of the crazy shipping rates too bad really for example Mike's naturals $32 shipping cost
Soap commander $26

I would love to try these soap but $30 on top of the $15 soap is just ridiculous, guess I'll have to stick with euro soap vendors
Totally agree, my friend

Paying the equivalent of $50+ USD for a soap is just crazy to me. Are some of the US artisans making a good product? Sure! But paying that much for a single tub of soap is just bonkers. There are a TON of great soaps being made outside North America. But at the end of the day, it's your money and you can spend it as you like. I would just recommend looking at some options from closer to home.

I am very happy with European soaps and creams, it's items such as alcohol products and vintage razors. The shipping costs for these are ridiculous.
They also don't play the customs game, when the Japanese do. Request 500 Yen is declared on the declaration, they do it. North American's ignore the request.
Instantly my cost increases by 20% on average.

Paying the equivalent of $50+ USD for a soap is just crazy to me. Are some of the US artisans making a good product? Sure! But paying that much for a single tub of soap is just bonkers. There are a TON of great soaps being made outside North America. But at the end of the day, it's your money and you can spend it as you like. I would just recommend looking at some options from closer to home.

Agree.

I am in Canada and have many great US, UK and Canadian Soaps. I won’t spend more than $20 USD as it is just really nice smelling and performing soap. $25US if I just have to try it (rare).

$50 for a tub of soap due to shipping is just nutty IMO but whatever floats your boat.

Try Murphy&McNeil, they only charge $10 shipping to EU if you buy $50 worth of products and along with their own soaps, balms and AS, you will find many offers, some new, some second hands of other brands.

Honestly there’s no “need” to get any American soap. We have all kind of excellent soaps here in any price range. MdC, Cella, Tabac, PdP, Dr Harris, Klar, Lea, La Toja, musgo real, Mwf, Haslinger, pannaCrema, SV, meissner, etc...
Now if you want to experiment and try new things, that’s a different story and of course part of the fun/hobby. Many of the artisan soaps are hyped a lot (especially on us-centric forums like this)...

Tbh: you’re in a far better place regarding shaving products compared to our American pals.

Last edited:
eBay and Etsy are becoming increasingly ridiculous when it comes to shipping.

20200912_003701.jpg

This is genuine.

In the USA you have a personal duty free amount of $800.00, in the UK that amount is £15.00.

So the above would have produced a minimum charge of £8.00 as that is the processing fee, even if customs wants to charge you £0.90...

Top Bottom