What's new

"Master USA" Review

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I present to you the "Master Usa" straight razor, the Ultimate in razor performance!

Newbies beware! Do not be tempted by the price tag!
--------------------------------------------------------

After impatiently waiting, I finally had the chance to test out this razor.
I have no pictures of the razor but you can find it on Ebay listings.

Although it is present in the "do not buy" list, it was too late when I found out about it as my item was already in transit.

This is an unofficial B&B review because:
1- This is not a real razor
2- I do not yet have privileges to post a review :crying:

As I opened the door, there it was, in the hands of the mail woman. I took it and opened the package in haste (after the mail woman left, of course).
Then, as I was removing the top box cover, it shone. The sight of the razor left me in Awe:blink:! I quickly prepped my face, lathered some Williams, and sanitized the blade just in case of accidental suicide:blink:!
Then, while staring at the mirror, my hand slowly moved the fine steel piece
across my lathered face and.............BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

................nothing happened. The end.

In point form:

1- The blade did NOT pass the hanging hair test.
2- The "made in china" engraving and company logo really make me want to regurgitate.
3- My face WAS shave ready. I took a shower and prepared my equipment.
4- Finally, it couldn't even cut one whisker!
5- I dared only to try this razor on a small area of my cheek because I didn't trust the fake razor.

Guys and girls, this is not a real straight razor because it says on the box "knife" and the logo depicts a combat knife partially folded.

Also another B&B member tried to hone and sharpen a similar one, but, in vain, he shouted "I can't sharpen this cr@p for the life of me!".:lol:

440 china stainless steel in not user friendly.

In the listing, the seller mentions that it is shave ready and needs stropping from time to time. Hard to believe!
I must agree that my cheek felt like it was tearing apart (due to blunting), so I immediately stopped fooling around with it.

Thanks for reading,

That's all folks!

Of course most straight razors out of the box are not shave ready and many Dovo's for instance wouldn't shave a whisker either. The difference is the Dovo can be honed to perform while the master is a waste of time.

I'm sure that a honemeister will still be able to sharpen the 440 stainless steel to be shave ready. But still not worth it since it's not even a real razor.

I'm sure that a honemeister will still be able to sharpen the 440 stainless steel to be shave ready. But still not worth it since it's not even a real razor.

I am 100% sure that the Master razor can't be made to take a shave ready edge no matter how hard one tries. It's made from sub-par quality steel that simply can't take an edge. Such steel often literally crumbles when one attempts to sharpen it.

Listen to "Thebigspendur", he knows what he is talking about, and has a lot of experience with straight razors. There is good reason why these crappy razor have made it onto the do not buy list: they are 100% useless junk!!

I am 100% sure that the Master razor can't be made to take a shave ready edge no matter how hard one tries. It's made from sub-par quality steel that simply can't take an edge. Such steel often literally crumbles when one attempts to sharpen it.

Listen to "Thebigspendur", he knows what he is talking about, and has a lot of experience with straight razors. There is good reason why these crappy razor have made it onto the do not buy list: they are 100% useless junk!!

Hi Michiganlover, how's everything these days?

Thebigspendur has posted threads on these things? How can I find his journals?

cheers

Thebigspendur has posted threads on these things? How can I find his journals?

He is also a member at Straight Razor Place, and may actually be more active over there. There are threads over there, about attempts to sharpen these bad quality razors; that's where I have read the reports of the steel literally crumbling....

:tongue_sm

He is also a member at Straight Razor Place, and may actually be more active over there. There are threads over there, about attempts to sharpen these bad quality razors; that's where I have read the reports of the steel literally crumbling....

:tongue_sm

Cool, thanks John.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would be surprised if you could shave with a straight that wasn't honed by a honemeister... Anyways, you could always check with Dan (floppyshoes) as he is in Montreal to see what he says if you want him to try...

I would have left negative or requested a refund. To say that "Masters" is shave ready and just needs to be stropped is lying.

There are still many people out there buying razors who do not read the forums and know that these are junk razors

I would be surprised if you could shave with a straight that wasn't honed by a honemeister... Anyways, you could always check with Dan (floppyshoes) as he is in Montreal to see what he says if you want him to try...

Hi Luc.

You know, that razor is not worth it, even if pro honing costs 5$.
It just looks pretty on my shelf and I'm planning to keeping it that way.

It's simply not a real one...

cheers

I would have left negative or requested a refund. To say that "Masters" is shave ready and just needs to be stropped is lying.

There are still many people out there buying razors who do not read the forums and know that these are junk razors

You are right Will.

But the pics in the listing actually show enough detail to indicate that its a bullcrapper. I cannot leave bad feedback because everything was good except for the details. I did write details on the feedback section saying that
it was not a true razor. I guess im a naive guy!:001_rolle

Top Bottom