What's new

Maria Arman's different soaps, and face burn.

I agree with you assessment. I also appreciate a lightly scented shave cream. It tells me that that manufacture has the understanding and process steps in place to control proportions of the product. I have read descriptions from well-respected artisan manufactures that tell you that their product might be a 3.5oz to 4.0oz shipped. If they can't even measure the product when produced can they measure the exact percentage of the ingredients during manufacturing? Another problem I have is small batch manufacturing. It is much harder to measure a small volume and effects of manufacturing on a product.

All of my shave creams will have to have some indication of derma logical testing and registration. The Proraso products list "Testato Dermatologicamente.

I find most commercial shaving soaps to have way too much scent in them, and the highly scented artisan ones I will skip, thank you. One of the things I like the most about Williams is that I only get a tiny whiff of lemon when I use it, nothing much during the shave and certainly nothing at all after rinsing. That's my idea of a good soap scent.....

The modern tendency, I think, is to grossly over-scent things, at least to my nose, and many scent compounds can irritate or cause allergic reactions in some people. The more strongly scented a soap is, the more fragrance compounds it contains, and even if the maker is following the IFRA guidelines for preventing irritation, some folk are going to be more sensitive than the majority.

I suspect any artisan soap maker would be happy to make you some soap with minimal or no fragrance, and probably already has some around. Not everyone wants strong scents in soap, and customers are customers after all! No need to pass up a perfectly good shaving soap because the fragrances make your face burn.
WSP suggested that I try their Rustic Natural Unscented Shaving Soap after I had a reaction to the Rustic Pumpkin Spice. I can use all their soaps except for Pumpkin Spice..

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

I also had problems with the Maggard's London Barbershop shave cream. My face would burn when the soap was applied. I was very disappointed because I bought a tub of it. I tried to move the soap to body wash use, but I couldn't tolerate it. I called Maggard's for help and they didn't offer anything. I'm am through with untested artisan soaps.
MM879
I find it hard to believe that Maggards didn't offer to replace it. Their customer service has always been top notch.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom