What's new

Maple syrup in coffee

Try it! I've used both maple syrup (the real thing, not Mrs. Butterworth's) and maple sugar and both seem the same (as they should). Rather than just being a sweetener, the maple syrup seems to make the coffee taste smoother as well.

I tried it after seeing a documentary about maple syrup and someone from The Great White North extolling the virtues of it. The guy said he used it as his main sweetener for everything from coffee to baking.

In coffee, it's not for me. But that may be because I really prefer a black, unsweetened cup.

I have heard of (and used) honey in coffee, but this is the first time I've ever heard maple syrup mentioned. It could definitely be worth a try. If I had any pure maple syrup. :bored:

Tim

Never used real maple syrup in my coffee going to have to try that out. Maple syrup in hot chocolate isn't bad at all.

I have tried Maple syrup and didn't really care for it. I like Maple syrup on my pancakes, waffles and french toast.:tongue_sm

I have also tried brown sugar and cream in my coffee. Put it in the pot before you brew your coffee, when its done brewing give it a stir and you're ready to go.

Honey is nice, too.

Like others have said, I like my coffee black.

I have used maple syrup to sweeten coffee in that past and it was OK. But I have long since stopped adding anything to my coffee.

I happen to know everything there is to know about maple syrup! I love maple syrup. I love maple syrup on pancakes. I love it on pizza. And I take maple syrup and put a little bit in my hair when I've had a rough week. What do you think holds it up, slick?

:tongue_sm

Good coffee needs nothing, sweetener nor dairy. That being said, there was a place I went to once that had a "Cafe Vermont", which was a latte with a bit of maple syrup added; interesting, but ultimately not for me.

If you are looking for mapley/sugary tastes naturally found in coffee, that can be found easily.

I've never used syrup in coffee but I have been known to put in some maple sugar when I make a desert coffee with other liquors/creams

It sounds interesting. But I don't like sugar in my coffee. Adding maple syrup to me is like adding sugar, only in a different form. If I was a coffee with sugar drinker already I'd definitely give it a go. But the only thing I like to add to my coffee is some frothed skim milk for a cafe au lait. That's it. I want to taste the full strong taste of my dark roast without it competing with the maple syrup. Come to think of it, I can't wait for my morning coffee tomorrow......

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Adding maple syrup to me is like adding sugar, only in a different form. If I was a coffee with sugar drinker already I'd definitely give it a go.

Exactly. It's basically a way to make the sugar tastier.

I don't use it in coffee as I'm not a coffee drinker but it's great in my tea. I drink teas of all kind black, green, white and herbal using real tea leaves not the grinded leaves in a bag for me. The pure maple syrup is great in all of the teas I drink especially in my Earl Grey in the mornings. Maple syrup pure that is also has great health benefits

Sacrilege! Any desecration of pure and unsweetened espresso should be treated as dangerous blasphemy! What next - moose milk cappuccino?! :behead:

:lol::lol1::lol:

real maple is one of the best things on earth. one of the joys of visiting Canada was taking the kids to McDonalds for breakfast and having real maple syrup (or sirup for some) in those plastic containers they give out with the pancakes (real butter in the plastic too). American palates are so desensitized by corn syrup it's frightening. When my grandson comes to visit, I won't let granny put any of that corn sweetener on his pancakes, only the real thing.

Top Bottom