Man cocktail. Share yours.

Blueberry Lemon Drop Martini

Ingredients

2 ounces blueberry vodka

1 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice

4-5 fresh, blueberries

Lemon wheel or blueberries for garnish

Simple syrup to taste

By "man" cocktail, I assume we mean "manly" cocktail. Here's one: Ranch Water. Topo Chico mineral water, tequila, half a lime of juice, ice, tall glass Some recipes call for orange liqueur, agave liqueur, or simple syrup. Seems a little Rococo to me.

Here is one, in rural Mexico, milk producers back in the day when it was done by hand, they used to kickstart the day by drinking a “pajareta” (early bird) raw milk from the first cow and a double shot of tequila, sounds pretty nasty taking into account the milk is hot coming straight from the udder, but my granpa said it’ll give him strenght all day long, I call BS but it does sound pretty manly haha

Almost caipirinha

But I can’t find cachaca locally so replace with Gin and Gold Tequila

Cut Limes and add to DOF
Sugar
Muddle it
Three measures Gin
One measure Tequila
Ice

Drink, repeat, sit down

A 50-50 Beefeater Gin & Tonic, no ice, no lemon (don't even mention lime in a real G&T). I keep my gin & tonic in the fridge so no ice is needed. Fever Tree or Q tonic are preferred, otherwise I use Canada Dry. Not so sure about it being a man's cocktail as my 23 yo granddaughter can down as many as I can if she's visiting and isn't driving home. Gotta love that one.

Almost caipirinha

But I can’t find cachaca locally so replace with Gin and Gold Tequila

Cut Limes and add to DOF
Sugar
Muddle it
Three measures Gin
One measure Tequila
Ice

Drink, repeat, sit down
what is a DOF?

Had not heard of this approach to a caipirinha, previously! Most cachaça I have had seems like the epitome of "fire water" to me, so anything that never touches oak and is never aged seems appropriate/authentic to me. (Cachaça is distilled fermented sugar cane juice as I recall. So technically rum would be more authentic, but most rum made from cane juice is going to be more refined and less harsh than cachaça.)

I would consider a caipirinha a "man" cocktail.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
DOF = Double Old Fashioned, I assume in this case it is a reference to the glass.
As far as manly drinks go, I think the Old Fashioned is perfect, and on occasion I like a Manhattan, served in a DOF.

DOF = Double Old Fashioned (glassware)

Correct!

Mix it how you like - more sour / less sugar and vice versa

Like more of a “harsh” kick? Swap out the Gold for Blanco

Take the edge off? Couple more ice cubes

Drink it in the sun and no more work is getting done afterwards

Spring/Summer - Margarita-tequila of choice, Grand Mariner, lime juice, salted rim or Bombay Sapphire on ice.

Fall Winter - Jim Beam and ginger beer/ale or Tullermore Dew neat

A Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

It's awful.

A white Russian minus the vodka and plus Scotch and maraschino liqueur. Also, apparently real cream, even heavy cream, instead of half-and-half. Geez, what could go wrong! :) Sounds awful!

Whiskey sour or whiskey water. Depends what I'm doing. If I'm out and about I'll go for whiskey sours. If Im home and just want something to sip on for the night its whiskey water.

Top Bottom