What's new

Man cocktail. Share yours.

I’ll kick off with 2.

Old fashioned.
Whisky
Sugar syrup
Orange juice squeezed fresh. Very small amount.
Mineral water.
Bitters

I tend to go with lemonade instead of sugar syrup and mineral water.

And the second is
Line glass with bitters
Pour how much scotch you like. I go for about 50ml.
Pour ginger ale to top off. Oh and ice. Plenty of ice.

You could also drop in a slash of lime too.

So fellas, what’s yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Corpse Reviver #2
Equal Parts: gin, Lillet, Gran Marnier or other Orange liquor, fresh squeezed lemon juice.
to which you add @1 tsp. or to taste Absenthe. Shake cold, serve with cherries.

"The Painkiller" from Murphy's on the Water, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada:
4 oz Pusser's Navy Rum
4 oz pineapple juice
1 oz cream of coconut
1 oz orange juice
Serve on the rocks. Stir and grate fresh nutmeg on top

It works. I felt no pain at all after downing one.

My usual cocktail is more mundane:
1/3 my homemade pinot noir
1/3 7up
1/3 fruit punch
I guess it's just a wine cooler...

Last edited:
Pre-dinner Martini:

2.5 oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
1 Tsp. Noily Pratt Dry Vemouth
Plenty of ice in a glass container
Stir
Pour into a chilled Martini glass and garnish with a Pimento stuffed Olive.

Lounging Summer drink

2 oz Hornitos Reposado Tequila
.25 oz Agave syrup
.25 oz fresh lime juice
Shake contents in shaker filled with ice.

Pour into old fashion glass into which you have added ice to taste and ginger ale. Garnish with a Luxardo Maraschino Cherry.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Beer 99% of the time.

I don’t do my own cocktails but if I’m at a friends or somewhere and in the mood I’ll just take whatever the host is making or ordering.

However, a long time ago I was in to 7-Up and Amaretto. No measurements. Just a little of this, a little of that (to taste). Tastes like Dr. Pepper.

Beer 99% of the time.

I don’t do my own cocktails but if I’m at a friends or somewhere and in the mood I’ll just take whatever the host is making or ordering.

However, a long time ago I was in to 7-Up and Amaretto. No measurements. Just a little of this, a little of that (to taste). Tastes like Dr. Pepper.

If you like Dr. Pepper, you can add an ounce of rum and an ounce of vodka to it and serve over ice.

DARK ‘N STORMY

INGREDIENTS

• 1.5 oz Gosling’s Black Seal Rum
  • Gosling’s Stormy Ginger Beer
METHOD
In a tall glass filled with ice add 4 – 5 oz of Gosling’s Stormy Ginger Beer and top with Gosling’s Black Seal Rum. Garnish with a lime wedge (optional).

proxy.php

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Most of the time it's a Martini, a Manhattan, or some sort of whisky neat. Sometimes, I like a bourbon or rye, neat, but with a dash each of lemon and orange bitters and maybe a splash of water.

Actual cocktail rather than spirits neat or spirits and water and/or ice, including with bitters, I would say Manhattan: Rye, Camparo Antica, bitters, cherry (dried Montmorency sour cherry soaked in cognac and sugar), and twist of lemon, stirred not shaken and served up. Or gin martini (probably navy strength for extra manliness), some good white vermouth (say Dolan) (in a reasonable portion and not too dry, the navy strength gin makes this a potent drink, indeed), olives.

For a taller drink, gin rickey: gin, soda water, half a small lime squeezed and dropped in the glass, over ice.

Top Bottom