What's new

Man cocktail. Share yours.

Manly margarita:
2 oz Espolon reposado tequila aged in bourbon barrels
1 oz Cointreau
1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice

shaken with ice and poured over ice in a manly glass with no stem, like an old fashioned glass or collins glass.

I don't like to mix my spirits. So I'm usually drinking single malt, bourbon, gin, vodka and rum straight, either neat or on the rocks. The only "cocktail" I seem to like lately is a Vesper Martini. 3 parts gin, 1 part vodka, 1/2 part Lillet and a lemon twist. It needs to be served in an iced up glass and it goes down like water. So be careful. I usually stop at 2. I fear that if I have a third I'll be sloshed. Know your limits.

Scotch and soda.
Maybe an Old Fashioned (Rye, Bittermilk bitters, simple syrup, little water, express an orange peel over it and tuck it in)

When it's not Bourbon, Rye or Single-malt Scotch on the rocks (big rocks, few rocks), it's a Boulevardier --

1.5 oz. Bourbon or Rye
3/4 oz. Campari
3/4 oz. Sweet Vermouth

Combine the ingredients, add ice and serve in a chilled martini glass. Or I just usually mix it in a double old-fashioned glass with some ice. But, I'm lazy.

Seven and Sevens!!
proxy.php

(or any bourbon and lemon lime pop..hell, could be Kesslers and Sprite!, Old Crow and Sierra Mist..Canadian Mist and Faygo lemon lime..yes, I'm classy LOL)

Sometimes the "hard way"..a slug right off the bottle with a canned pop chaser!:a26:

..when I used to drink..sober for 6+ years now.

Black Manhattan
2 oz. rye or bourbon whiskey
1 oz. Averna
1 dash Angostura bitters
1 dash Regans’ Orange Bitters No. 6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's only 2 that I drink regularly:

Jack and coke and Gin tonic(Henrick's with cucumber).

Usually a Scotch neat or on rock(non-melting type)

I mostly drink single malts or blended scotch & water. I like gin and tonics with extra lime and a shake or three of angustora bitters. Occasionally a pink gin, just gin and bitters. My Christmas cocktail is a rust nail with a mandarin orange twist.

Hello,

Old Fashioned

I use Simple Syrup and a few dashed of Angostura bitters. Good ol' bourbon and water.

Take care
YouYou

Hello,

Old Fashioned

I use Simple Syrup and a few dashed of Angostura bitters. Good ol' bourbon and water.

Take care
YouYou

^ This, muddle an orange slice and cherry if you have them.

If its before noon, then a good bloody mary is in order. ALL the fixings please

Fussy bartenders will muddle both a cherry and orange in. Then remove them and put fresh ones in place for a better appearance. Doesnt matter to me suppose. My palette tells me muddled tastes best..

But a true old fashioned has no fruit at all...

I was out of bourbon and I had no tonic so I tried something new since all I had in the house was gin and Pepsi. Lowball glass full of ice, 1-1/2 oz. of gin and fill the balance of the glass with Pepsi. I didn't think I'd like it but it was actually pretty good. I'd definitely drink it again.

Sazerac in the winter
chill an old fashion glass
in a second glass drop in a sugar cube, add a few drops of Peychaud's bitters and crush the sugar. Add an ounce and a half of Rye
Coat the chilled glass with 1/4 ounce of absinthe and dump the rye mixture in. Garnish with lemon peel.

In the summer I like a Pimm's Cup
muddle a cucumber and lemon slice in a chilled hi-ball glass. Add 2 ounces of Pimm's No.1. add ice and fill the glass with ginger ale. garnish with a lemon twist.

or an Aperol Spritz
fill a glass of ice 2/3 with prosecco, add an ounce and a half of Aperol and top with club soda. Garnish with an orange wheel.

Both very refreshing on a hot, muggy New Orleans day.

Top Bottom