What's new

The World's Strongest Spirits?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
If it is older, they're still living by it in Kamloops. About a year ago I was trying to source the Everclear 190, since even the 150 has too much water in it for extractions. One guy told me they used to sell it by special order to one customer, but when he asked about it for me the manager reamed him out for not keeping up on the laws.

So I went through all the rigamarole to get the licence to buy anhydrous. Which felt like a cash-grab all the way because the liquor and cannabis control branch was revamping their system and wouldn't sell a three-year licence, only a one-month licence and that for the same price as the three-year. Got what I needed, though. Enough of a PITA that I've found alternatives. Once they get their act sorted out I may check back into it.

But, returning to the intent of the thread -- I wouldn't drink anhydrous. Most spirits I drink neat, so my personal top is 100 proof/50 per cent. My favourite rye is 43 per cent, and that's a nice sip of an evening.

O.H.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
In my younger years I danced with the Green Faerie on a number of occasions. It is vicious stuff.

Here is the strongest stuff I know. It is from Poland 🇵🇱
8BDFB8BF-4974-4011-963B-9D80C97DFAA3.jpeg

Last edited:
In my younger years I danced with the Green Faerie on a number of occasions. It is vicious stuff.

Here is the strongest stuff I know. It is from Poland 🇵🇱
Yes that stuff is wicked, I’ve never seen people drink it straight though. I’ve been to lots of Polish weddings that mix this with honey and lemon and put a bottle at every table.

1654242471063.png

This one is famous in South Africa, usually consumed as a shot when young people want to get extremely silly. Usually ends up unconscious instead of silly.

80% ABV, not proof. You would expect it to taste like rocket fuel, but it doesn't. Gentle taste mixed in a cocktail reminds you of rum and raisin ice cream. Clear vanilla notes.

View attachment 1466226

This one is famous in South Africa, usually consumed as a shot when young people want to get extremely silly. Usually ends up unconscious instead of silly.

80% ABV, not proof. You would expect it to taste like rocket fuel, but it doesn't. Gentle taste mixed in a cocktail reminds you of rum and raisin ice cream. Clear vanilla notes.
This one is conocted from clear Jamaican sugar cane alcohol >96% + flavorings and colorants to resemble real rum. It’s a product from times when importing the real stuff was too expensive. Today you can use it for baking, doing silly stuff after skiing and the famous Feuerzangenbowle Punch.

Personally I use it for cleaning and sweetening my pipes :)

The whole company runs with only 26 people yet they export to over 40 countries.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've had "Spirit" in the Caribbean... they say it's 100% alcohol.... but I'm sure they are exaggerating a bit... but that Rum is Strong.

no Klippies and Coke anymore?
That's almost the national drink, apart from Castle Lager, but for some reason I could never stand the stuff. Loved Red Heart rum and Coke, but I went back three years ago and somehow my taste buds have changed. Shows you how Scotland changed me, now it's mostly G&T, and a good single malt when I am in the mood.

How do you know about Klippies and Coke?

That's almost the national drink, apart from Castle Lager, but for some reason I could never stand the stuff. Loved Red Heart rum and Coke, but I went back three years ago and somehow my taste buds have changed. Shows you how Scotland changed me, now it's mostly G&T, and a good single malt when I am in the mood.

How do you know about Klippies and Coke?
We have friends in the Mother City, did our Honeymoon there and visited on a couple of other occasions. Mostly Western Cape though.

Top Bottom