What's new

Mama Bear Soaps pt 2

boboakalfb said:
The candle is a good idea...I was going to say yesterday since everyone agrees on how intoxicating the scent is that maybe if you could throw a wick in it and use it as a candle. (Obviously I understand that you couldn't do that...but the idea to create candles with some of the scents seems like a great idea).

Great Minds Think Alike! :001_smile

You can actually buy the FO and put diffuser reeds in it to dispurse the smell throughout a house. I used to scent my whole house with Fragrance Oils... untill it started smelling really friendly :blush: with no added effort after all the soap and cologne projects in the kitchen...

I would just put a few drops on pourporri that was placed in a glass receptacle.. I also sprinkle it or spray it on my silk plants and a couple of unstained wicker baskets. You just have to be careful when doing this using an undiluted Fragrance Oil (FO) as it will eat wood finishes and plastic. A spray here and a drop there is all it needs to scent the entire house. Much cheaper than airwick and many more fragrances. I have over 200 different FO's! :w00t:

I am working on a page on the website for the undiluted Fragrance Oils in 1 oz blue cobalt glass bottles.. You should be able to buy them in 1 oz bottles in undiluted form in the next month or so. :tongue_sm Let me know if there is any interest here in this! Some of them (including the dragons blood) are already available at my ebay store Mama Bears.... there are over 100 listed there, so it is not totally up to date..

There are some Fabulous Christmas smells... !

Bear Hugs!

Sue

boboakalfb said:
Now if I could only narrow down all of the options I can place an order...that is if Rik left anything behind...

Rik left very little behind! BUT, I am heading home again and will start working the stock back up again on Saturday! There will be Lots of shipments on Monday.....I will sleep then...:confused:

Mama Bear

I must say that I love a rich, well-fragranced shaving soap or cream, I never really had too much sensitivity to most of them. Certain lavender type scents however could wreak havoc with my skin. One example is DR Harris lavender, that almost did my face in.

Jeff

Well, I've gone in for the English Leather, Elements of Bamboo, and Rosemary Mint. I can't wait to see what the buzz is about. It was hard to decide; Sue's got so many great fragrances.

Sue, if you see this -- Is it best to let the new soap cure for a while, or is it good to go right away? I would guess it's different for different kinds of soap.

Thanks!
Doug

DEF said:
Sue, if you see this -- Is it best to let the new soap cure for a while, or is it good to go right away? I would guess it's different for different kinds of soap.

Thanks!
Doug

Soap that needs to be cured are the Cold Process soaps (which I LOVE in the bath but don't use on my face, well, usually :smile: ) Usually these will cure in 6-8 weeks but some like castille (100% olive oil) need a little longer. Cold Process soaps are AWESOME in the bath and have helped many people with skin problems such as exzema due to their purity. 'Soap' sold in grocery stores is not really soap, it is detergent. They call them Luxury Bars, Facial Bars, Deoderant Bars... etc, but you will notice they never call them soap. You can't buy Soap in a regular store for the most part, it is usually made by hand at home, or by maestro's such as Sue at SCS.

My shaving soaps are glycerin or melt and pour soaps that are scented using either synthetic (Fragrance oils or FO's) or natural fragrance (Essential Oils or EO's) Glycerin is a byproduct of cold process soap making. I prefer to use glycerin soaps on my face. They are very hydrating and not drying. Lime is known to dry the skin however, so some of the fragrances can be drying. Some of the Fragrance oils can cause irritation if used to strongly, which I admit that I tend to do. Most people will not be irritated by my shaving soaps and will find their faces left smooth and moist.

But to specifically answer your question.. Glycerin soaps need no cure time. They CAN be melted in your microwave to liquid form (do NOT overheat) and poured into a receptacle of your choice. The glycerin 'base' that I work with is an all natural base and I personally think it makes the perfect shave soap....

HTH,

Bear Hugs.

DEF said:

Thanks!
Doug

Responsible Soapers, such as Sue at SCS, will never let a soap leave their home or shop untill they are fully cured! If you get one that is, you are not buying from someone who is responsible!

Bear Hugs!

Mama Bear said:
Rik left very little behind! BUT, I am heading home again and will start working the stock back up again on Saturday! There will be Lots of shipments on Monday.....I will sleep then...:confused:

Mama Bear
:biggrin:

Mama Bear said:
Responsible Soapers, such as Sue at SCS, will never let a soap leave their home or shop untill they are fully cured! If you get one that is, you are not buying from someone who is responsible!

Bear Hugs!

Sue --

Thanks very much for answering my question; I now know more about soaps than I did before.

Also, I didn't stop to think about the implications of my question; of course you wouldn't ship a product that wasn't ready, so the question was misguided to begin with. My apologies there.

Good luck with a frantic weekend of soap making. Try to take a break once in a while; we'd hate to send you screaming into retirement -- especially since you've got the Bear Haven right there already.

Cheers,
Doug

DEF said:
Sue --

Thanks very much for answering my question; I now know more about soaps than I did before.

Also, I didn't stop to think about the implications of my question; of course you wouldn't ship a product that wasn't ready, so the question was misguided to begin with. My apologies there.

Good luck with a frantic weekend of soap making. Try to take a break once in a while; we'd hate to send you screaming into retirement -- especially since you've got the Bear Haven right there already.

Cheers,
Doug

No apologies needed. There are some unscrupulous people out there that WILL sell a soap before it is cured. Not often tho, thank God!

This IS my retirement........or what is left of it......:redface: lol

I am actually looking forward to this weekend believe it or not. The new fragrances are in and I am really looking forward to playing with the sandalwoods, the amber, spellbound woods and especially the bea brummel...! I need to get a life.... who was talking about 12 step programs here???? :w00t:

Thanks Doug!

Mama Bear

DEF said:
Sue --

Cheers,
Doug

Hmmm, Wet Shavers convention at Bears Haven..........
ShaveCon anyone?

Maybe we'll all ride our motorcycles to Harley Mama Bear's and have a mini Sturgis rally. Instead of a wet t-shirt contest we can have a closest shave contest. On second thought, the wet t-shirt contest sounds more fun. :tongue_sm Doug

greenerock said:
Maybe we'll all ride our motorcycles to Harley Mama Bear's and have a mini Sturgis rally. Instead of a wet t-shirt contest we can have a closest shave contest. On second thought, the wet t-shirt contest sounds more fun. :tongue_sm Doug

Depends on what you are shaving! lol

Sorry 'bout that.... still giggling tho... I just couldn't bear the thought of the wet T shirt contest in my front yard and my fingers typed faster than I could think!!!

Bear Hugs!

Sue

Top Bottom