What's new

Making the call

I've lost more than a few feline friends, including one big red tabby who had been with me since he was 6 weeks old and lived to be 16. His ashes are up in the mountains in CO, where we lived at the time he passed on. I always thought he believed he should have been a bobcat. However, the Cat Factory gave him a long tail and sent him to live with me. So I scattered his ashes up near Winter Park, where (at least 20 years ago) bobcats were known to roam.

Nobody will ever replace the furry friend you lose. You can't simply "get another one." When you do adopt another companion, he will be his own cat or dog, not a poor copy of your old buddy. And that' s okay.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've lost more than a few feline friends, including one big red tabby who had been with me since he was 6 weeks old and lived to be 16. His ashes are up in the mountains in CO, where we lived at the time he passed on. I always thought he believed he should have been a bobcat. However, the Cat Factory gave him a long tail and sent him to live with me. So I scattered his ashes up near Winter Park, where (at least 20 years ago) bobcats were known to roam.

Nobody will ever replace the furry friend you lose. You can't simply "get another one." When you do adopt another companion, he will be his own cat or dog, not a poor copy of your old buddy. And that' s okay.
Perfectly stated. My Big Boy Cat reminds me of a snow leopard. He gives me little love bites to remind me he wants to play.

I had a cat years ago that just loved to hide outside in the bushes, just waiting to jump out and scare me! I'd holler, he'd run away and laugh and get me again, either that day or the next. I miss him.

Perfectly stated. My Big Boy Cat reminds me of a snow leopard. He gives me little love bites to remind me he wants to play.

I had a cat years ago that just loved to hide outside in the bushes, just waiting to jump out and scare me! I'd holler, he'd run away and laugh and get me again, either that day or the next. I miss him.
My current Siberian cat likes to nip to show he likes you. I don't care for this, but after 11 years with me, he's not going to change.

The red tabby I mentioned above would do that jump out thing. I'd walk down the dim hallway, and he'd pounce, bat my leg with his paws, and race away -- like a Plains Indian showing his bravery by counting coup on an enemy. Eventually, as this was his kittenhood, he outgrew it, thank goodness.

Top Bottom