What's new

Said goodbye to one of the goodest boys this morning

13 years together. He had a stroke overnight, and I held him for a couple of hours this morning until the vet opened. He was drifiting in and out of consciousness, but didn't seem to be in distress. By the time the vet arrived, he hadn't opened his eyes for 20 mins or so, and his breathing was barely detectable. I'd like to think the last thing he was aware of was me holding him and telling him what a good boy he was... Ooof, this hits hard.

IMG_0314.JPG

13 years together. He had a stroke overnight, and I held him for a couple of hours this morning until the vet opened. He was drifiting in and out of consciousness, but didn't seem to be in distress. By the time the vet arrived, he hadn't opened his eyes for 20 mins or so, and his breathing was barely detectable. I'd like to think the last thing he was aware of was me holding him and telling him what a good boy he was... Ooof, this hits hard.

View attachment 1790064
@silverlifter I’m so very sorry for your loss my friend. I know know what you’re going through. It’s never never easy!🥲

Thanks all. I know this is the bargain we make with them, and in a way it is a sweet pain. So many adventures and memories. Our other hounds are all bereft as well; they gathered round his body and were exhorting him to get up and play.

A good time to hug the people and animals you care about. ❤️

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto

View attachment 1790064
I’m so sorry for your loss.

View attachment 1790064
the best boy! 13 years of doggy awesome! ... it's only a break..... you were there for him, and he will be waiting there for you as loyal as ever

I’m incredibly sorry for your loss. There aren’t many things harder, maybe nothing more difficult, than losing a best friend. One of the greatest enjoyments in life is the companionship and love from a dog, but their short time with us is one of life’s biggest curses. My sincere condolences.

Top Bottom