And only I walk woodland paths
and see ahead of me,
your small form racing with the wind
so young again, and free.
And only I can see you swim
in every brook I pass
and when I call, no one but I
can see the bending grass.

Good memories of your old friend and time will heal I sincerley hope @silverlifter

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. We have a 4yo with kidney disease and and 12 yo with cancer, and prior to that our last dog an unexpected farewell. The mutual unconditional love is something that can be hard to understand for others, but I think those that have had pets understand the last 'good boy' goodbye. Thoughts are with you.
13 years together. He had a stroke overnight, and I held him for a couple of hours this morning until the vet opened. He was drifiting in and out of consciousness, but didn't seem to be in distress. By the time the vet arrived, he hadn't opened his eyes for 20 mins or so, and his breathing was barely detectable. I'd like to think the last thing he was aware of was me holding him and telling him what a good boy he was... Ooof, this hits hard.

View attachment 1790064

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
So sorry for your loss. Know how it feels, lost two in 2022, one also had a stroke and I was holding him as well as you. He was one of the greatest dog we ever had. Now, we have Woofgang who is turning 16 coming March, and we have him since he was 3 months old. He is blind now, very hard of hearing, has CCD (i.e. Doggie Alzheimer) and is very afraid to go outside as he fears to fall off the deck. Love him so much, whenever he needs to go outside, I take him, even if is is a 2:30 am....With this he is so attached to me, that I hardly can leave the room, he wants me around him all the time. And I do this for him, bestest dog ever.

13 years together. He had a stroke overnight, and I held him for a couple of hours this morning until the vet opened. He was drifiting in and out of consciousness, but didn't seem to be in distress. By the time the vet arrived, he hadn't opened his eyes for 20 mins or so, and his breathing was barely detectable. I'd like to think the last thing he was aware of was me holding him and telling him what a good boy he was... Ooof, this hits hard.

View attachment 1790064
My condolences on your loss. They are family.

20240203_184213.jpg

They are such an important part of life, aren't they?

View attachment 1790064
Sucks for sure!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
That sucks, man. Pretty sure I cried more when my last dog did than at my grandparents funeral. I’ve got one now that just turned 12. I know it’s a matter of time and we try to prepare for the inevitable but it’s never easy.

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven not man's."
-Mark Twain

Top Bottom