What's new

Making a DE and/or SE Travel Shaving Kit

I use a Sears Craftsman Small tool bag cause I have to carry my meds with me and I put them in my over sized travel shaving bag.

I use Mach3 and Cremo as most of my travels involve flying and DE is not a convenient option. I put about 1oz of Cremo and 1oz of aftershave balm in small containers to minimize bulk. Works well for me.

Yes Hot sauce bottles work great for travel scents cause they are heavy glass and have good lids.
Totally. Keep in mind these were the little 1/2oz individual serving bottles, but once I dropped one on a tile hotel floor from counter height, it bounced about six inches and didn't break. They are awesome. I have 2 and that is probably enough aftershave for about ten days or so.

I travel internationally every two weeks for work.
I take my Merkur 37c slant; arko stick/Tabac stick; semogue boar brush; cheap drugstore AS usually Boots Freshwood.
Face lather or hand lather.

I haven't had to fly in a few years and I was just starting with DE shaving at the time. So I am not a good resource there. But car I have and just took whatever razor and blade combo I was using that week, plus one of my soaps.

Col. Conk has smaller pucks that they make a travel container for. You could use any soap in it sized properly. I think they are 2.25 oz. I got mine at WCS. One 9f my last trips I just tossed a tub into my Dopp kit. I have a MTO with case that I would probably use on a flight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Simpson Special S1, Rockwell 6S, small container of Stone Cottage cream, and a Personna blade.. all fit perfectly into a 60 dram pill bottle. Gratis from the pharmacy..
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Travelling just recently to Puerto Vallarta Mexico (2 wks)I wanted to have some decent shaves so I brought minimal gear with me to keep the weight down and yet still enjoy the shaves.
In humid climate I thought I would bring a small synthetic brush with a protective medicine bottle vented to keep the brush in reasonable shape from all the tossing of suit cases.
My soap selection good old Arko with Nivea for a change up once in a while. The Razorock old type open comb razor & leather razor holster with Personna red blades with their great blade case for holding spent old blades(Don't leave spent blades in waste basket). A small bottle of decantered Aftershave and of coarse a Alum block for sub tropical climate instringent. The small metal shaving bowl was brought along just in case I wanted to bowl lather(Never used so I did not have to bring!) and I was very Happy Happy.
(Remember DE razor blades are not allowed in your CARRY ON luggage on most airlines!!:nono::sneaky2:

20180324_134910.jpg

Last edited:
So as dumb as this sounds, I’m flying out for business on Monday morning, if I’ve read everything correct, I can not have blades in my travel bag? I don’t check bags and have nothing but a shoulder bag for my carry on with all of my stuff.

I can handle a few days on the road without a shave, but I had planned on packing my travel shave gear for this upcoming trip.

So as dumb as this sounds, I’m flying out for business on Monday morning, if I’ve read everything correct, I can not have blades in my travel bag? I don’t check bags and have nothing but a shoulder bag for my carry on with all of my stuff.

I can handle a few days on the road without a shave, but I had planned on packing my travel shave gear for this upcoming trip.
Yes, that is a problem. If not for this trip, then for future reference, some people mail blades to their hotels etc.

I'll be going on my jollies soon & have been giving this some thought. I've settled on my Wilkinson sword classic, an Arran aromatics badger brush I got free, Tabac shave stick, Astra greens and Tabac after shave.

Where are you going? I mean, find out what stores are nearby and if they carry blades, dollar general usually carry personna reds rebranded, are you going out of the country? Then you will be surprise how easy is to find blades, for many countries DE shaving still the standard because is cheap, just dig a little

I’m headed out to San Diego what I’ll do is just pack everything and if tsa feels the need to take the blades so be it.

The other part of me thinks I’ll just hit up a local store and get blades there, then the other side of me thinks, forget all of the shaving gear and just go a few days without a shave. We will see what Monday morning brings. My flight is wheels up 615 am

I’m headed out to San Diego what I’ll do is just pack everything and if tsa feels the need to take the blades so be it.

The other part of me thinks I’ll just hit up a local store and get blades there, then the other side of me thinks, forget all of the shaving gear and just go a few days without a shave. We will see what Monday morning brings. My flight is wheels up 615 am

I would take your gear without the blades and ask the concierge at your hotel where to find blades. I'll bet they've heard that question more than once before.

good point, I'll just do that, so should I decide I want to score a pack of blades somewhere, I can just take a walk, I'm not going to go all over trying to hunt them down, that's for sure.

Hi there, I like things small and efficient for sure.

Appreciated the message. I hope to spend a little more time with this thread when I get a chance. The different approaches to traveling are interesting. I don't spend a lot of time miniaturizing anymore because wheelie luggage and even airport luggage handling seem better today than it was several years ago. I bring a full tub of shaving soap, and check my luggage so I can bring blades and my Rockwell razor, for example. Also, my wife uses a moisturizing lotion that comes in a container that's perfect for an ample amount of witch hazel. This is day 10 for me on the road and I could do a few more days if I needed. Also, I included my container of Aveno moisturizing soap because it saves my entire body of irritation from dry hotel air and any area where the air is particularly dry. Here's a photo of my stuff.

20190402_064828_HDR (1).jpg

Last edited:
Buy a vintage 3 piece razor, or one of the new Chinese ones, should be under 10 bucks.
Synthetic brush, also 10 bucks.
I'd use a tube of cream of your choice, Palmolive works for me. 5 bucks.
Add a tuck of your favorite blades, plastic holder with used blade slot is a plus. 2 bucks
Dime store aftershave, 3 bucks.
Good to go.

Top Bottom