What's new

Maggard ?

I actually got an unusually good deal on the EJ from an English company, even though I'm in the US. They gave me a 10% discount as a new user, then a large package of sample blades. Also, free shipping when I added a small extra item to my purchase price. The bottom line: an EJ razor with handle for a net price of around $16. Oh yeah, the company was: The Modern Man

I should add that the software first forgot to give me the free blades, but I contacted them by email and they sent the sample pack under separate cover.
Same place bought my Muhle R89 for half of what it cost here. They don't have a huge selection but the prices are great and I had it at my door in a week.

I'm a newb, and I like it just fine. Maybe I don't know a good razor for beans, though. Works just fine for me, and their customer service is bloody fantastic.

I have had outstanding service and response from Maggards, The Italian Barber and Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements with the note that The Italian Barber can be slow about shipping, but they normally warn about shipping delays up front. Maggards house razors tend to be generic designs, with excellent prices, while many of the house razors from TIB and PAA are more original designs.

Price comparison (copied directly from their websites--I hope this is allowed):
Modern Man:
Edwin Jagger DEL89LI14bl Double Edge Long Handled Safety Razor Chrome
Be the first to review this product
IN STOCK
$23.45

Maggard's:
Edwin Jagger DE89LBL Lined Chrome Safety Razor
5.00 out of 5 based on 5 customer ratings (5 customer reviews)
$40.00

West Coast:
Edwin Jagger DE Safety Razor, 'Extra Grip' Handle, Knurled Chrome
Edwin Jagger
$40.00

(I never buy anything without running one of these comparisons for myself. That's how I found Modern Man, even though I never saw it mentioned outside of my Google search.)

One more:
Nationwide Campus:
Gillette Silver Blue Double Edge Razor Refill Blades, 100 ct, 1 Ea
SKU: 7393560010170-20
See other Gillette products
See other Gillette Double Edge products
Email to a Friend
Be the first to review this product

Availability: In stock

Regular Price: $17.99
Special Price: $13.99

Maggard's:
Gillette Silver Blue Double Edge Razor Blades, 100 blades
4.80 out of 5 based on 5 customer ratings (5 customer reviews)
$29.99

Made in Russia

Add to cart
SKU: Silver Blue-100 blades Categories: Bulk Blades, Razor Blades Tags: double edge blades, gillette, gillette silver blue

Last edited:
So the Maggard V3 head is pretty much a clone of the DE89. The Maggard chrome head is $7. Their gray head is $9. Add one of their awesome SS handles for $19. You get a fabulous razor with some heft, fast shipping and the best customer service ever! Why go anywhere else???

So the Maggard V3 head is pretty much a clone of the DE89. The Maggard chrome head is $7. Their gray head is $9. Add one of their awesome SS handles for $19. You get a fabulous razor with some heft, fast shipping and the best customer service ever! Why go anywhere else???
Different head from Maggard. Not in a bad way just more aggressive than the DE89. When I load the v3 with a Prime it's a much more aggressive blade than in my my Muhle 89. The grey v3 for some reason seems less aggressive than the chrome v3 fwiw.

I love Maggard's products and their razor heads are second to none even if the design is borrowed, nothing wrong with that as long as there are no patends pending. The AV3 head is among my smoothest and best shavers, also their slant is by far my best slant. Their handles are excellent and I have several. I live in Europe and there is tax to pay, but when it comes to Maggards, it's worth it.

Different head from Maggard. Not in a bad way just more aggressive than the DE89. When I load the v3 with a Prime it's a much more aggressive blade than in my my Muhle 89. The grey v3 for some reason seems less aggressive than the chrome v3 fwiw.
I have the gray version and like the Prime blade as well. I think for me Polsilver's have produced the best results in the V3 head.

I believe they are produced in India, but I could be wrong. Nonetheless, they all produce great shaves at an awesome price.

Top Bottom