What's new

Maggard ?

I have read really good things about Maggard razors and noticed that they are so economically priced. I am totally addicted to shave gear that is cheap but works as well as much pricier item, so this seems to be the thing for me. The basic V3 head interests me as I can attach it to one of my existing handles on my 3 piece razors. How's the shave from the V3? I've read that it is a clone of the Edwin Jagger DE89 head but is this true? At $6.95 it's an awesome deal! Who here uses Maggard, what is your opinion on their gear?

Thanks!

I purchased a Maggard V3A a few weeks back, and I find it to be fantastic. Stainless handle and zamak head for $21. The handle alone is worth the price to me. The head construction/material is the same as, like, 99% of all the other modern razors you'll commonly find for the <$40 price-point, so no gripes there either.

I'd purchase again, without reservation. The price was fair, the shipping was very fast, the quality of the product is above average for the price.

Last edited:
I have and use the Maggard V3, V3A, V2 (OC) and slant. I also own 2 MR5 handles that I love and a MRT travel handle. All heads shave excellent for me. Even this morning I mixed it up using the V3 for first pass and the V3A for the second and then clean up. Both on the MR5 handles. Great irritation free shave. Their consumer service is some of the best in any industry and super fast shipping. I only buy my shave supplies elsewhere if Maggard doesn't offer it. I enjoy giving Maggard my money!

Yep V3 = EJ clone subjectively (as I've never used an EJ head). V3A slightly more 'aggressive'. V2 OC different and slightly less aggressive (to me). Favorite handles are the M1 and the M11. Being a Michigander, I guess I'm a little biased, but really can't say enough good things about Maggard's. Customer service is unrivaled. Great selection and prices. In person, they're just downright good people (as my southern relatives would say).. I sleep comfortably recommending their store/website to friends, family, or anyone who'll listen.

I love Maggards. I've got the V2, V2C, V3, V3A and the slant. They are quality folks, buy lots of stuff from them.

The v3 is not I repeat is not in any way close to the ej89 head except for looks. I have the Muhle 89 which is the same as the EJ, I also have 2 razors with the v3 and the Maggard is definitely more aggressive. Not overly but much more so. With that said the v3 is an excellent setup and I'd take all you wanna give me and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I have a Maggard V3 razor and really like it. I believe it had the M11 handle (it's been a while). Their customer service is top notch.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think Maggard is the best online company I've ordered from. Extremely good customer service, super fast shipping.

I can't comment on their razors; but I have some other Maggard's products and have ordered from them and they are awesome!

I buy tons of Maggard gear. They source good cheap heads, handles and brushes. I intend to keep buying the stuff they offer under their private label because a good 80% of it appeals to me. They carry most popular brands of wet shaving products and have created an excellent house brand. They are a hardware store for wet shavers as far as I'm concerned. They also know how to generate happy customers and keep them coming back. I agree with the others and recommend you patronize Maggard's.

More Maggards love:. I don't buy a ton of stuff.....but my work travels the past 2 years have given me the opportunity to stop in Adrian a half dozen times.

Busy bees, but Brad has always stopped to take a few minutes and chat while showing his wares and answering questions. Much friendlier than my 'local' shave shop.

Maggards has my business.

Was there this past weekend for the meet and the store and folks there are great. We picked up a Maggard's razor for my son - V3A gray with one of the blue anodized SS handles. I haven't used it, but it looks very nice and my son was happy with his shave. Those blue handles are really worth picking up if you need a nice weighty SS handle for a head.
Steve

I know I've bought something from Maggards although I can't tell you what because I've bought so much crap that I don't know where any of it comes from. I was looking at the Maggard's site today and noticed that they have an amazing offering of brushes.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I can say that their customer service is great. Especially with a return situation I had recently

Yes, this seems like a great online sore... I'm definitely going to order some stuff from them.

Besides the V3 head, I'd like to get one of those blue colored handles.

I've never seen anything like that before!

I have read really good things about Maggard razors and noticed that they are so economically priced. I am totally addicted to shave gear that is cheap but works as well as much pricier item, so this seems to be the thing for me. The basic V3 head interests me as I can attach it to one of my existing handles on my 3 piece razors. How's the shave from the V3? I've read that it is a clone of the Edwin Jagger DE89 head but is this true? At $6.95 it's an awesome deal! Who here uses Maggard, what is your opinion on their gear?

Thanks!
I actually got an unusually good deal on the EJ from an English company, even though I'm in the US. They gave me a 10% discount as a new user, then a large package of sample blades. Also, free shipping when I added a small extra item to my purchase price. The bottom line: an EJ razor with handle for a net price of around $16. Oh yeah, the company was: The Modern Man

I should add that the software first forgot to give me the free blades, but I contacted them by email and they sent the sample pack under separate cover.

Top Bottom