What's new

Maca Root vs Cyril Salter

Hi guys, what’s the better quality shave with these two low cost creams? Read somewhere that Cyril Indian Sandalwood smells like Razor Rock XXX, can anyone confirm this. Thks

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Hi guys, what’s the better quality shave with these two low cost creams? Read somewhere that Cyril Indian Sandalwood smells like Razor Rock XXX, can anyone confirm this. Thks
Cyril S Salters Indian Sandalwood does not even come close to Razorock XXX for scent similarity at all. CIS scent closer to Taylor of old Bond street Sandalwood and both of those are great spicy Sandalwood scented creams and I have owned both.
Razorock XXX is a unique clean soap Croap that is tallow based and it has excellent lather qualities. I'm on my 2 tub of RR XXX splash and the after shave is also has a unique clean scent when dried down and lasts for about 4 hrs or longer. I always dab some mid arm to test how strong the scent strength is as hrs goes by.
Buy both because they are excellent shave soaps.
SOTD May 31 2022.jpg
SOTD May 29 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Cyril S Salters Indian Sandalwood does not even come close to Razorock XXX for scent similarity at all. CIS scent closer to Taylor of old Bond street Sandalwood and both of those are great spicy Sandalwood scented creams and I have owned both.
Razorock XXX is a unique clean soap Croap that is tallow based and it has excellent lather qualities. I'm on my 2 tub of RR XXX splash and the after shave is also has a unique clean scent when dried down and lasts for about 4 hrs or longer. I always dab some mid arm to test how strong the scent strength is as hrs goes by.
Buy both because they are excellent shave soaps.
View attachment 1466053 View attachment 1466056
Have some great shaves!
Can you describe the scent of the Salter Sandalwood?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Can you describe the scent of the Salter Sandalwood?
My access to BB yesterday because of site issues so I'm kind of late to respond, I find it more a herbal sandal wood scent very similar to TOBS but more on the sandalwood side if that makes sense. The tubs are similar in size to the Sandalwood TOBS and you get a good amount for the price C.R.Salter IMO. The lather qualities are also excellent for protection and post shave feel IMO.

Top Bottom